Stroller Theft

We bought a BOB specifically because of how great it was to rent one for WDW and we have parked it all over DLR with no issues. There was a few moments of panic at first until we realized how often CMs were moving strollers around, especially on the walkway along Pirates and the Rivers of America. We just throw our bag (clothes, food, etc) into the seat and pull the sun visor down to make it less obvious. Unless something has changed in the last few months I would have never thought this was an issue! I definitely agree with the comment about having the best equipment for Disney trips. We literally walk miles and miles each day in the parks and I'm way too tall for umbrella strollers!

We have taken our uppa baby and felt it was fine. However we also rent, this trip we are renting.

I don’t have a bugaboo but my understanding from being with friends who have it is it would be a real pain on the bus. Take that into consideration. That’s why we are renting, the uppa baby is more difficult on the bus then the city mini we rent.

Tile is an easy one, especially if you want to see whether or not it's nearby and also for the chime.
What is the range on the tile? Since it's Bluetooth, won't it start chiming once you get a very short distance from your stroller?

What is the range on the tile? Since it's Bluetooth, won't it start chiming once you get a very short distance from your stroller?
I may be misunderstanding what you're asking, but Tiles don't chime unless you intentionally make it chime using the app. I can't remember the range.

Was informed by a co-worker not to bring our nice stroller to the park. We were given a nice bugaboo stroller. She informed me that hers was stolen and never recovered. She had a BOB stroller. Did some searching online and found this has happened a lot in the past. This is the only stroller we have. Should I invest in something cheaper or not worry about it.

Lock one set of wheels (not two, unless you want a CM to be really pissed when it has to be moved, and cuts the cable) if you are nervous about the stroller being stolen. I don't get the passion for bringing the huge, expensive strollers (or why people even buy them) when they are going to get rained on, spilled on, hauled onto buses or trams, etc. We used a lightweight umbrella stroller for DD2. Worked just fine, but then, we didn't haul a bunch of crap around with us either.

Personally, I would not buy a cheap umbrella stroller, I can't stand how horrible they are to push. We've brought strollers the last five years, double Maclaren (once), double BOB (once) and two single Maclarens (last three years). None of them I would consider cheap strollers and I never worried about them being stolen. We have our names on them (in multiple places) and our single Maclarens are easy to spot due to their colors, which might be a deterrent to potential thieves as well..
I just wanted to say that I'm team Maclaren. I had an uppa baby as well which was great for city sidewalks but it would have been a serious PIA at WDW. Regardless of the value of that stroller, it would have just been too large to easily navigate through crowds.

We brought our MacLaren on many trips and I loved it.... I rented once and I hated the stroller rental. I just wasn't used to how it 'handled' and it drove me crazy.

Curious about this too

The new Tile models work in a way that every person with the Tile App updates the location of each Tile device it detects to the Tile network, even if it not theirs... (Its a little "Big Brotherish", I know but its pretty useful...) Assuming there is 0 people in the park other than you using Tile, then it would be reliant solely on Bluetooth connectivity. (30-50 Yards depending on barriers such as walls, doors, vegetation, large bodies of water, etc) :teacher:

The new Tile models work in a way that every person with the Tile App updates the location of each Tile device it detects to the Tile network, even if it not theirs... (Its a little "Big Brotherish", I know but its pretty useful...) Assuming there is 0 people in the park other than you using Tile, then it would be reliant solely on Bluetooth connectivity. (30-50 Yards depending on barriers such as walls, doors, vegetation, large bodies of water, etc) :teacher:
Exactly, the more users with TILE in the park, the better it works. Thinking of picking up a few.

Take an umbrella stroller! Easy to fold up and you'll be less tempted to pack the house too.

Lock one set of wheels (not two, unless you want a CM to be really pissed when it has to be moved, and cuts the cable) if you are nervous about the stroller being stolen. I don't get the passion for bringing the huge, expensive strollers (or why people even buy them) when they are going to get rained on, spilled on, hauled onto buses or trams, etc. We used a lightweight umbrella stroller for DD2. Worked just fine, but then, we didn't haul a bunch of crap around with us either.

Mainly the tires. I like our umbrella stroller, but anything other than completely flat pavement and it's a pain to push.

Take an umbrella stroller! Easy to fold up and you'll be less tempted to pack the house too.

Every family has unique needs, and it may also depend on Travel time to WDW & length of stay. In our case, (we leave for WDW in less than a week! :earsboy:) our DS is entirely dependent on his stroller (Since he's only now about to be 1 Years old! :love:) and we plan on putting some SERIOUS miles on our stroller Haha! That being said, I don't feel like the Umbrella style Stroller would be ideal for my family.

I understand not every stroller has the same issues, but these are the BIG issues (I can name off the top of my head) that I have encountered, and would disqualify Umbrella Strollers for our WDW trip.

They do not recline enough to allow my child to nap.
Impossible to push one-handed (due to separate handle design)
Very difficult to push over gravel or any slightly rough surface.

But hey, to each their own!!

Unless you are the height of an 8 year old, I wouldn't take a cheap $10 umbrella stroller or you're going to be in a lot of pain. We've taken nice strollers countless times and have never had an issue. We mark them with things that make them easy to identify and we also keep a GPS tracker on it. (The GPS tracker actually makes it easier to find when Cast Members move it because we can make it play a noise if we don't see it)
GPS tracker? Where did you get this?

They have a Tile Slim version that can fit in wallets & purses in case you miss place those as well! They are usually sold in combination packages so you can get a bundle discount.

I don't get the passion for bringing the huge, expensive strollers (or why people even buy them) when they are going to get rained on, spilled on, hauled onto buses or trams, etc. We used a lightweight umbrella stroller for DD2. Worked just fine, but then, we didn't haul a bunch of crap around with us either.

2 kids, 18 months apart, oldest was 2.5 on our last trip.

We use our heavy duty double stroller for everything. We don’t own multiple strollers. At home, we use ours on trails and it gets a lot of mileage. We go on 5 mile walks on a paved but bumpy trail at a scenic state park multiple times a week. I could not push an umbrella stroller on a 5 mile walk especially on that surface. It can easily be wiped down after spills, of which there are many. Looks like new after a quick cleaning. We have a nice breathable rain cover the kids can sit under so rain not an issue. Our big stroller suits us well for our lifestyle at home.

My kids nap in the stroller at the parks. One or both seats can recline. A lightweight umbrella stroller would not work for us for their naps and we would not spend the money for another stroller when we already have a nice one that our kids like, are comfortable falling asleep in and that we don’t have trouble pushing.

We don’t overpack for the parks either (we don’t bring lots of extra food, snacks, etc.) but with 2 kids in diapers, one using bottles and requiring special dietary drinks, plus extra clothes in case of unpleasant diaper situations, we were happy to have the basket space below to have backup supplies.

All kids and families are different.

I agree that if you are used to the features of a nice stroller, you are going to can want them when you are at Disney. We've brought our uppababy 3 years now and had zero problems. I know anything can happen but I like to live dangerously :cool2:

as someone else mentioned, you will be living out of this thing for your whole trip. A big basket, smooth push, easy recline, snack tray etc all made the trip so much easier. We did attach a balloon to the handle bar so it would be easier to find. And we zip-tied a sign with our names onto it. Never left valuables in the basket, etc etc

This year we are renting a double because I don't own one and we are bringing both dd4 and dd2. But I already know I am going to miss the stroller that I am familiar and comfortable with !

I agree that if you are used to the features of a nice stroller, you are going to can want them when you are at Disney. We've brought our uppababy 3 years now and had zero problems. I know anything can happen but I like to live dangerously :cool2:

as someone else mentioned, you will be living out of this thing for your whole trip. A big basket, smooth push, easy recline, snack tray etc all made the trip so much easier. We did attach a balloon to the handle bar so it would be easier to find. And we zip-tied a sign with our names onto it. Never left valuables in the basket, etc etc

This year we are renting a double because I don't own one and we are bringing both dd4 and dd2. But I already know I am going to miss the stroller that I am familiar and comfortable with !

How do you live out of the stroller? You can't take it in the queues, so you have to bring anything important (anything you don't want taken) with you in the queues, along with the kids. And you have to go from stroller parking to the queue, and they don't have stroller parking at every attraction. When we brought a stroller, my kids were out of it much more than they were in it. We'd park it and do a whole land at MK, or a whole building at EPCOT. Never left anything important in it (just ponchos in a bag hanging on the back) but didn't carry all that much with us, even though DD2 was in diapers still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter