STROLLERS >> YOU all decide >> ..........

Disney World Mommy

Disney Addicted Forever !
Hi everyone, a little dilemma here, we are leaving for WDW on T-Giving day and will be there Thurs - Wed and I know to expect pretty heavy crowds from Thur - Sun.

Now tell me what you think: We have two small children and are wondering if we should bring the two umbrella strollers that we have (just another thing to carry when they fall asleep or push when they want to walk) - OR if we should just rent strollers in the parks?!

Will it be so crowded that they could potentially run out of strollers? Does this happen at busy times? Or, should I just relax and just leave the strollers at home and rent away ... how are the "doubles" to rent? A pain? Big and Gaudy?

All info so greatly appreciated! :)

My personal preference is the umbrella stroller. It can go with you everywhere - not just in the parks. We took a 4 year old in January and that umbrella stroller was a life safer. We are taking him back in 2 weeks (he is 5) and the umbrella stroller is going too.

He never wanted to walk so that wasn't a problem.

I would take the strollers. We were there in Sept. 2000 and took 2 umbrella strollers for our 5 and 2 year old. We are going back with another little one! This time we are going to rent a double for the older ones and take the 4month old her own! This site is great click below it will give you pics of strollers and information from each park! Have Fun !!!
http://wdwig.com/strol_faq.htm

Definitely take the strollers. Most of the rental strollers do not recline and if your cherubs fall asleep, they will be uncomfortable. The rental strollers, with the exception of the MGM strollers, are also very big and bulky. I would much rather negotiate a crowd with a slender little umbrella stroller than a mini-sized jeep (AK)! Although it is one extra thing to carry, you can purchase an inexpensive shoulder strap (or make your own with strong velcro and nylon webbing) from Babies-R-Us and carry it around over your shoulder. Believe me, strapping something onto your body is far better than carrying it by hand!

Good luck!

:cool:

also remember the park strollers stay inside the parks. You will probably need the strollers for getting to and from the parks and around your resort.

We are leaving in 2 days and the stroller IS GOING!!! I like it because I do not want to carry my DS (2), his bag, and chase a 6yo 9yo and DH!!! HA HA!!! Also it's a big help WHILE waiting on the bus.

Ok, Ok Ok, you've all talked me into it .... the two umbrellas are going! I just hate "pushing two separate strollers ...." (it seems so unorganized and so chaotic .....) ?? Maybe I'm just nuts - and I'm not taking a big huge double stroller .... yuk!

Thanks so much for your help! :)

BRU and TRU have two types of "stroller connectors" we used on a trip two years ago. We had two identical umbrella strollers for dd's then 2&3. Most of the time we used them separately but with the connectors we would connect them if necessary and disconnect them for bus loading and such. I know the website has them but I can't remember the exact name -check BRU website or the Right Start under stroller accessories. These give you the best of both options.
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter