Stupid OTU/Waitlist Question

Disney_Alli

DIS Veteran
I need to get 20 OTU points to complete our VGC reservation... but I had to waitlist the first two nights because they were book. What happens if my waitlist get filled? Will it immediately cancel out because I don't have enough points? Should I risk making a booking for a random room 3 or 4 months from now to get the OTU points in my account? I'd happily do that but I don't want to eat $300 USD if our waitlist doesn't fill.

Thanks

Your waitlist will be cancelled if it comes through. You cannot use the ability to purchase OTU points to waitlist.

Only you know if it's worth buying the points now hoping the waitlist comes through. OTU points expire at the end of the use year of the reservation they were originally purchased to make.

I'm not much of a gambler. I'd probably make a cash back up somewhere and move it the waitlist doesn't t work.

Good luck!

VGC waitlist is getting tougher and tougher. If you were to make two separate reservations. For example waitlist Thur/Fri and then a second waitlist Sat/Sun. When the first one cames though you could have used OTU points. But then you're gambling on a split stay. I'm not sure if you were thinking of cash stay at VGC or across the street. Something to consider next time.

VGC waitlist is getting tougher and tougher. If you were to make two separate reservations. For example waitlist Thur/Fri and then a second waitlist Sat/Sun. When the first one cames though you could have used OTU points. But then you're gambling on a split stay. I'm not sure if you were thinking of cash stay at VGC or across the street. Something to consider next time.

It's just the first two nights I've waitlisted for both a studio and a one bedroom. I have the points to cover the studio but not the one bedroom. I've had luck each of the last two years but I know it's getting tougher. If it doesn't come through it'll be cash across the street somewhere. I think I'll leave it and make the decision soon. If I happen to come across a single night I'll use the OTU points for that probably.

If it doesn't come through it'll be cash across the street somewhere. I think I'll leave it and make the decision soon.

If you book a cash pay across the street, they usually have a 7 day or so cancellation policy. That way you can leave your waitlist at the 7 day cancellation mark. However, I've never had a waitlist come through under 60 days. It seems, once you're within 2 months or so, people are not canceling. I would say that 50% of our stays are 2 days VGC and usually 2 days across the street. Sometimes the waitlist comes through for 1 of the last 2 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter