Stupid Question About Cabanas????

MAG1630

Earning My Ears
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A CABANA ?

AND WHAT ARE THE PRICES LIKE TO RENT ONE?

I'LL BE STAYING AT THE RPR IN SEPT. JUST WONDERING IF THEY WILL BE OF USE TO ME AND MY FAMILY.

:confused: :confused:

We love the Cabanas! ::yes::

Cabanas have a table, chairs, lounge chairs in front, television, and a small refrigerator.

We have one reserved for our stay starting July 2nd at the Hard Rock for $100 per day.

We like it because it is ours all day until the pool closes, it allows us to come and go to parks, City Walk, dinner, and not lose our chairs and have a place to relax in the shade, etc...etc...etc..

Obviously, only you can decide if it is something you would use or if it is worth the expense.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Don't know about the others but RPR includes bottled water, sodas, and a big fruit basket. Because we stayed on club level we got ours for a full day @ $45. It's usually $70something full day/ $45 for half day. We rented it after being on the go for 4 days until our legs felt like they'd fall off. At that point it was nice to have a shady spot reserved. Some people who have rented them said they actually changed to go to the parks w/o having to go all the way back up to their rooms.

MAG1630

the cabanas are the little tent looking things at the pools. they are a great way to save your skin ( water attracts the sun, and the harmfull rays bounce off the water and on 2 you::yes:: ) they also have fans to cool you off on a hot day. also, the HRH has drive in movies at the pool of friday nights, and the ppl who have a good cabana rented for all day can watch the movie from there and not have to get there early to save a seat because you already have your cabana reserved!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

At the HRH u can hire a themed Cabana for $125 but really a Cabana depends on your budget it guarantees u loungers chairs etc all day at the pool:jester:

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO............BUT JUST WONDERING ARE THE PARKS REALLY CROWED IN SEPT?

I GUESS THAT WILL DETERMIND IF I NEED ONE OR NOT........IM STAYING CLUB LEVEL SO I GUESS THAT WILL SAVE ME A FEW BUCKS;)

From $100 to $125, that's a bit too much! I can take that $100 and stay at the moderate at Disney! I thought as a member of the Loews you can rent them for about $35 or $45 for half a day, but do you have to stay in the Club? And isn't it if you reserved your room under Universal or Loews for a std room (without discount), you can be upgraded to the Club for $35 more a nite? Well, I'll just wait and see. I will be there in 3 days!!

Has anyone ever come back to their cabana and found someone in it? If we spent more time at the pool than at the parks I would consider this as a great vacation perk. Would be even better to have one for the entire time you are there! My $$ tree has stopped blooming.

A wise man once said, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. :crazy:

Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if ya think it might be common knowledge! That's what we're all here for. :D

I was recently informed by the PBH that there are no longer half day rentals for cabanas. They also said club in the near future may not receive cabana discounts. This is already in effect at PBH -the concierge told me. At club level there is an additional $20 per person (not even cheaper w/ Loew's card). It is very confusing because everyone at the hotels tell you something different. Anyone have any different info from what I've received. Thanks.

Well now, that could put a damper on our July stay:( We enjoyed having ours for the whole day and coming/going as we pleased. When the usual afternoon storm approached, we were going to stay at the cabana but those flaps really start going in the wind so we abandoned ship to our room.

What I meant by the $20 was meant for Fantasia. Ours is $20 per person per day to upgrade to club level not $35(in case anyone thought I was referring to cabana info). Club in PBH doesn't offer discounts for cabanas and there aren't half day rentals anymore-only full day regular and deluxe(softdrinks and tv).

BarbaraMB, when we went out to our cabana, a "reserved for" sign with our name on it had been attached to one of the front poles. Later, towards evening I decided to take the paper sign as a souvenier. About 10 min. later an attendant came over and questioned if we were legally in the cabana! Guess the person was just coming in on shift and never saw us sitting there all day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter