Stupid Question about VCR in Cars

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
I know there was a lengthy discussion a while back about where to purchase the 9" & 13" TV/VCRs for car trips and some of you gave some great tips. I was on the verge of buying one when my husband said "well what do you think we'll plug it into!?" The newer vans have cigarette lighters as an option, and since we don't smoke, we didn't get one put in! Is there any way to hook up this TV/VCR without putting it in the shop to get a lighter installed!?

Are you sure there are no outlets at all? My new van (2002 Montana) has one for the cigarette lighter, 2 auxillary outlets under the dash & 1 in the back. My old van (1999 Silhouette) didn't have the auxillary ones under the dash, so this is new. With all the new "plug-in" type things we have now I thought they were putting more in vehicles (not necessarily for cigarette lighters)...maybe it's only GM.

There must be some outlet somewhere. Phones must plug in somewhere and many people carry tire inflators that run off of the car battery so I'm sure a connection must be there.

Yes, it is possible that your van doesn't have a cigarette lighter. However, you can be virtually guaranteed that it has at least one 'power outlet' somewhere. This is really just a cigarette lighter without the lighter.

After some searching (and reading the manual...funny the things you learn in there!), we found the outlet! The TV/VCR works great and helps occupy the kids on the trip to the cottage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter