Substituting a Side for an Additional Adult Beverage QS

MrBill64

Mouseketeer
Since the dining plan now allows adult beverages with a QS meal, I thought about substituting a side for an additional adult beverage with a QS meal. I can confirm that the pizza window on the Boardwalk this is allowed. My wife and I ended up splitting a personal pizza along with 2 beers and only used 1 QS credit. This is a pretty good value (if you enjoy adult beverages) IMHO. I wonder if there are any other QS places that allow this.

Bill

Did you substitute the side salad that comes with the meal or did you use a snack credit?

That is interesting . Me & the wife do enjoy the odd Glass of wine or Bud.
We are at WDW in the summer for 2 weeks on The Dining plan.

I will be interested to hear if any one else has done this at other QS locations.
Since the dining plan now allows adult beverages with a QS meal, I thought about substituting a side for an additional adult beverage with a QS meal. I can confirm that the pizza window on the Boardwalk this is allowed. My wife and I ended up splitting a personal pizza along with 2 beers and only used 1 QS credit. This is a pretty good value (if you enjoy adult beverages) IMHO. I wonder if there are any other QS places that allow this.

Bill

I think OP got pixie dusted. That would be a heckuva deal.

I agree. The QS credit gets you an entree and drink. If the entree happens to be a combo, then you get the combo. Would love to know how this came about. Did OP ask for the pizza without the salad and ask if they could get something instead of the salad? Did the CM offer the drink? Who suggested the extra alcoholic drink? There's more to this story and I can't imagine it will be standard practice anywhere.

Well this is how it came about. I went up to the window to order a personal pizza and told them I was on the dining plan. With my pizza the woman at the counter said I could have one side (caprese salad, side salad, or an anti pasta salad) and a beverage or 2 sides if I didn't want a beverage. So I asked if I could substitute the 2 sides and get 2 draft beers instead. She said "no problem". I sat down with my wife and our 2 beers and waited for our pizza to be ready. I basically just took a chance and asked. Not sure if this was a one and done, but the woman at the window acted like this was not the first time they had done this. Here is an image of the receipt. YMMV.

Attachments

• DisneyBW.jpeg
    DisneyBW.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 144
Well this is how it came about. I went up to the window to order a personal pizza and told them I was on the dining plan. With my pizza the woman at the counter said I could have one side (caprese salad, side salad, or an anti pasta salad) and a beverage or 2 sides if I didn't want a beverage. So I asked if I could substitute the 2 sides and get 2 draft beers instead. She said "no problem". I sat down with my wife and our 2 beers and waited for our pizza to be ready. I basically just took a chance and asked. Not sure if this was a one and done, but the woman at the window acted like this was not the first time they had done this. Here is an image of the receipt. YMMV.
Definitely going to try this in the summer now after seeing your receipt.
Thanks for this tip & we are hoping it will work for us.

Hi, does anyone know if this can still be done? We enjoyed the pizza and substituted the beer for salad twice in June 2019. Second time I was told "no" but when I said we did it the other day they gave it to me w/o any issues. And, the pizza was really good. Going back in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter