Sugar Loaf vs RPC

Mickymark

Mouseketeer
As I understand it, the main difference (other than price of course), between these two types of rooms is that the lounge in the Sugar Loaf Bldg. does not serve liquor in the evening, or at all for that matter. I am staying in the main bldg RPC, my brother wanted to stay there the same week but there is nothing available. The CM on the phone suggested Sugar Loaf; he thinks he might rather stay at the Poly (concierge). The price for either is virtually the same - $42 more for the Poly. Are there any other differences between the RPC and the Sugar Loaf bldg that he should take into consideration?

We had stayed at the Poly concierge and loved it, then booked the Sugar Loaf bldg. for our next trip to DW. As soon as we were shown to our room, I was so disappointed with the view,etc. that we asked and paid for an upgrade to rooms in the Main bldg. (RPC) instead and also loved those! The atmosphere is just a 1000 times better (to me). Just my feelings but I would rather do a "regular" room with a good view instead of the Sugar Loaf bldg. I think he will be much happier with the Poly if he can't get in the RPC with you.... again, only my opinion.

We stayed a week at Sugar Loaf and loved it. We have two small children, 4.5yrs and 13 months and it helped. (Nightly bottle runs were always greated with a smile from the staff) It is in a separate self contained building. Kids could run around freely and didn't have to worry about noise, appearance etc. Very relaxed atomsphere. We would see kids down in the lounge/food area in their PJ, and even a few moms came down in robes.The main building seemed a little more stuffy. Since the kids were in bed by 8:00 every night we didn't miss the cordials and desserts that are at RPC. The food was GF quality but always had something for the kids. Great staff. I saw a child spill a full cup of milk on the expensive rug, staff went out of their way to make the child feel okay. Nothing phased them
Now if it was just my husband and me we would have be-lined to RPC. The music from the lobby is wonderful, and I imagine the food suberb.
For us the view wasn't important. We were only in the room when we had PJs on so the drapes were closed anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter