Suggestions for a romantic proposal?

scottb8888

DVC: SSR, HHI & BVI
Coming down in June and looking for a great place/ area to pop the question. It needs to have a photographer. I was hoping Disney could do that? I checked their website but the phone was geared to larger engagements. Someone suggested a fireworks cruise but I would have to count on the boat captain taking the pictures??

Sometimes when people propose on a fireworks cruise, they bring along a photographer. You could hire Disney Fine Art Photography for that or a local wedding photographer (which would be cheaper). You'll need a cover story, though! It might be easier to keep the surprise if you propose somewhere that the photographer could remain anonymous until you pop the question.

Can we count on the boat captain to snap a few pics?
I mean, yes maybe he can take the photos but he's not a photographer, he's a boat captain.

Also, it's nighttime during the fireworks cruise, so the photos may not be exactly what you're picturing in your head.

What I would suggest is this: propose earlier in the day, somewhere close to where there is a photopass photographer. They typically ask you to leave your bags near their feet. During that moment, whisper to the photographer that you're going to propose. They will be ready to capture you're special moment.

You can THEN surprise your new fiance with the fireworks cruise, just the two of you, to end the night and celebrate your futures together.

This being said, where is a good spot with a photopass photographer? Depends on where you want to propose! If you want magic kingdom, then there are photographers all the way up and down mainstreet. Best angle for the castle & minimum background people is between Casey's Corner & Plaza Inn. Sometimes there are also photographers on the bridge to Tomorrowland, and they take pictures with the castle in the background - this typically is less crowded (depending on time of day). Happily Ever After can be very romantic, so you may want to be in MK for the full effect.

There are fireworks cruises for EPCOT too. In EPCOT, there is typically a photopass photographer in front of the France Pavilion and it's a very pretty back drop. Morocco has beautiful mosaics, but photographers aren't there 100% of the time.

Also suggestion - do it early in the day. After I was proposed to (not in Disney) I was a big cry-y mess! If I was in Disney, I'd probably want it done early in the day so I can cry, go back to the hotel to freshen up, and then enjoy the rest of my day lol!

What I would suggest is this: propose earlier in the day, somewhere close to where there is a photopass photographer. They typically ask you to leave your bags near their feet. During that moment, whisper to the photographer that you're going to propose. They will be ready to capture you're special moment.

This is what my now fiancé did! And I certainly didn't twig it at all - because we'd done it every other time too, I didn't think anything more of it than just leaving the bags down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!