Suggestions for things to do differently

LifeWithLouie

Mouseketeer
We're going to DISNEY!!!! (Yes..AGAIN! Leave me alone.)
Short trip (3 days) in a few days. But this time we have decided to do things differently and we are looking for suggestions:

1) Parade Viewing Location: We usually are on Main Street or at the Train station on Main street (and often times are fighting for a view). Any better suggestions?

2) Viewing the Halloween Fireworks: This time, we have decided NOT to fight for viewing while standing like sardines in front of the castle? How is the viewing farther down Main Street? Or are there secret/better/less hectic places that we can see the fireworks and hear the narration?

3) We love Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs. Fast food/Quick serve dinner locations worth switching for?

4) We are actually going to Typhoon Lagoon with the grandkids (haven't been there in ages). Any lunch/snack suggestions there which are beyond the average them park nuggets, pizza, or burgers?

5) Renting an Electric Scooter for the entire trip (delivered to the resort). Any suggestions for the best rental company to use?

THANKS!!!

Short trip (3 days) in a few days. But this time we have decided to do things differently and we are looking for suggestions:

1) Parade Viewing Location: We usually are on Main Street or at the Train station on Main street (and often times are fighting for a view). Any better suggestions?

2) Viewing the Halloween Fireworks: This time, we have decided NOT to fight for viewing while standing like sardines in front of the castle? How is the viewing farther down Main Street? Or are there secret/better/less hectic places that we can see the fireworks and hear the narration?

3) We love Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs. Fast food/Quick serve dinner locations worth switching for?

4) We are actually going to Typhoon Lagoon with the grandkids (haven't been there in ages). Any lunch/snack suggestions there which are beyond the average them park nuggets, pizza, or burgers?

5) Renting an Electric Scooter for the entire trip (delivered to the resort). Any suggestions for the best rental company to use?

THANKS!!!
1) I actually prefer viewing the parade from Frontierland. I find it is easier to get a spot without staking it out an hour ahead of time.

2) The only downside I can think of as far as viewing farther down Main Street would be not seeing Jack very well. We viewed from well off to the side, near the bridge into Liberty Square, and felt the view of the fireworks was fine, but couldn't really see jack from there very well either.

3) Disney Springs, we loved D-Luxe burger, and I can't say enough good about the Polite Pig. While there are only perhaps two items on their menu that I would eat, the one I had was absolutely the most amazing BBQ I have ever had.

4) Sorry, only been there one time, and we didn't eat, and it was ages ago.

5) Nope, don't have any experience there either.

I don't have any input for 2-5, but the parade is pretty much my favorite thing and I've seen it many, many, MANY times - sometimes I'll stop into MK in the afternoon just to watch it and then head back out to another park, so I definitely have *opinions*. :P

I prefer watching the parade from the center of Frontierland, ideally outside of or across from the Country Bears theater. You can typically find plenty of open space along the rope up to about half an hour before the parade. I personally usually aim for closer to 45 minutes beforehand to find a spot just to be safe because I'm picky. The performers also look more refreshed at the beginning of the route than later in the route - they still perform with full enthusiasm for the whole length, but by the time they get to main street and the train station, you can sometimes see the effects of the Florida sun taking its toll by the end of the route. Plus, you're done with the parade sooner, so you can hurry off to Pirates or Big Thunder Mountain or another ride in the vicinity after and hop on while everyone else is still watching the parade. (I wouldn't try heading to Haunted Mansion immediately after the parade, though, because the walkway area right in front of the ferryboat becomes an awful, awful bottleneck as people are trying to disperse in different directions after the parade and it is not pleasant.)

I also don't like watching from either the central hub or the circle by the train station, because in those spots you can often hear the music overlapping from different sets of speakers, which I find distracting. This can also happen at the transition area between Frontierland and Liberty Square, so if you end up in the Liberty Square area, I suggest being closer to the Hall of Presidents and the Christmas Shop where you'll only hear the music for the section of the parade that's currently in front of you (although you'll miss out on Flynn and the ruffians swinging there, because they have to be still when they cross the bridge right after that, so there are pros and cons).

I've rented my scooter from Gold Mobility 407-414-0287. I can't say enough about their service and scooters. They not only deliver the scooter to your resort, they explain adjustments to the scooter. I had the captain's chair one, with the free canopy (I called it my Cadillac). The seat adjusted, the back could adjust. It was the most comfortable ride.

There are other companies as well. If you are comparing, please be sure to take a look at pricing, as well as how old the scooters are. Gold Mobility 's scooters are taken out of "circulation" after six months.

If you are looking to switch Earl of Sandwich for something different as a quick service in Disney Springs, I recommend The Polite Pig it is a bbq establishment.

Never tried, but have been told that Chicken Guy is another good quick service option. We were going to try in August, but There was a line out the door! Guess that's a "good" indivation , it's good!!

If you are looking to switch Earl of Sandwich for something different as a quick service in Disney Springs, I recommend The Polite Pig it is a bbq establishment.

Never tried, but have been told that Chicken Guy is another good quick service option. We were going to try in August, but There was a line out the door! Guess that's a "good" indivation , it's good!!
Just tried Chicken Guy Last week it was quite good!

Some thoughts:

1. From Frontierland or sure. It's still crowded but I think because the area is more open in general that you don't feel so squished.
2. I'll never again what the fireworks in front of the castle as long as the projection shows are still going. It's just too nuts for us. We watched the fireworks from Tomorrowland ( closer to Auntie Gravity ) or from behind the castle.
3. I haven't done QS in DS for years - only sit down, so I can't speak to that one.
4. It's been a long time since I have been to Typhoon Lagoon so I'm no help there either.
5. Not any help here either.

Buena Vista Scooter is a good company. They also have a location at the Boardwalk. So if you have issues they are quickly handled.

I second Frontierland parade viewing. If you have a mobility scooter, they reserve places for these just before the Liberty Square bridge across from the Hall of Presidents, or the did for the Boo to You parade at least. We watched it just past these near the Christmas Shop. We watched the afternoon parade from near Diamond Horseshoe.

I would like to back up the polite pig suggestion. It has a really interesting menu with lots of options, and serves great barbecue.

I also like Frontierland for parade viewing and for fireworks viewing. The hub is just too packed for me now.

For Halloween fireworks, for our last two parties we've watched from the garden in front of Crystal Palace. Much more relaxed experience and each time we've been really lucky as the whole area collectively decided to stay seated on the ground so no standing on tired feet!

At Disney Springs I really like Cookes of Dublin for fish and chips.

THANKS!!!

1. Attempt to time fireworks as you're going down Splash Mountain! I'd also suggest watching the show in front of the castle in the hub if you've never done that before. Pretty fun perspective up close.
  2. I've only done the party once 4 years ago. No opinion.
  3. In Disney Springs? No. But if you have hopper passes or APs/extra tickets, I almost think Santu'li Canteen it worth going to AK alone for the food. I love that restaurant.
  4. I haven't done the water parks!
  5. They just changed how they do these things! Go read the news!

It's been years since I was last down, so I don't have much to add except another vote for watching the parade in Frontier Land. I use to watch the parade on Main Street, but one year I discovered that watching it from right in front of Pecos Bill's and I was hooked! First off, by sitting on the side of the restaurant, you're out of the sun, and the secondly, once the parade went by it was easier to jump on rides in that general vicinity. I guess the closer you are to the

And even though you didn't ask, something to consider doing that's different is slowing down and looking at some of the finer details that Disney puts into the themeing of a land/ride/attraction. I've gone a few times by myself, and because I was flying solo, and didn't have to worry about rushing around trying to fulfill a schedule, I would sometimes take my time and look around at some of the finer details. I especially loved checking out the details in a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter