suites at GF

queenof4hearts

Mouseketeer
Are suites worth the extra money if you can swing it? We stayed in a deluxe concierge at AKL for 1 night then switched over to a 1 br suite for the last 3 nights. I thought it was the world of difference and I would do it again.

Any experiences or pictures out there of GF 1 br suites? We are going to stay in a 1 br suite June 2004 before our cruise but we are not in the main bldg. which kind of bums me out. The price would be $3,000 more for the main bldg! I am almost tempted to go for it but is a ridicuously large sum of money to pay! Anyone stayed in either of these suites?:rolleyes:

I seem to read a lot of negative comments on the GF and it makes me skeptical. Thanks

Spotted this yesterday- you'll find most if not all suites pictured here! Hope the link works!
Tara

http://www.***********.com/id35.htm

I thought that I had read somewhere on this board that if you are staying in a suite, you automatically get access to the main building concierge. Might be worthwhile to check it out through GF.

Tammi

We booked a one bedroom suite at the GF about 2 years ago. Our suite was not in the main building and I cannot remember which one it was in. The room was simply two connecting rooms with one set up as a bedroom and one set up as a living room. We were on the top floor so the room had a cathedral ceiling. We could not get any type of discount on this room where we could have used a code to get two adjoining rooms for much less money. We did have concierge available to us although we didn't really use it. I did not consider the room worth the money. I am very fond of suites and do not mind paying extra money for them, this room just did not feel like a suite just two connecting rooms.

I have stayed in two different two-bedroom suites at the GF, both located in Conch Key (on different floors). Conch Key is my favorite GF building, even though I have stayed in the main building. I guess I just prefer its gorgeous view of Cinderella's Castle (the view from the main building cannot compare): click here for my favorite view.

I have photos posted of one of the suites that I have stayed in at the GF: click here to view them.

You asked if suites were worth it? That depends upon the type of vacation experience that you want. When I have guests traveling with me, I prefer to book a suite. I just love the special togetherness that it adds to my vacation. This is all my humble opinion, of course. No matter what you choose for your own vacation, I am sure it will be perfect.

Janet2K

Thank you for such exquisite pictures and for taking the time to post. I could not resist sneaking a look at all your terrific pictures!
We are going to try the Polynesian Lua when we go. Have you done the Hoop De Doo? We have done this once and really enjoyed it.

We just purchased a digital camera and hopefully I can become as handy with it as you are! Again, I was really impressed.

You answered one of my main questions! I would love a view of Cinderella's Castle so maybe I will request our 1 br suite to be in Conch Keys. It is not a long walk to the themed pool, is it? I know the resort is not that big.

Wow, you have taken a lot of Disney vacations!! We have quickly become Disney lovers ourselves. We bought into DVC at BCV and will take our 1st cruise in the WD suite after our GF stay in June 2004! I have to agree with you that all Disney vacations are magical. It helps to go frequently to be able to relax and soak up the atmosphere and resort amenities. Which resort is your favorite?

It appears you enjoyed concierge service and that they took good care of your family. This is nice to see. Thanks again.:)

Janet2K

Could I ask you one more question?:rolleyes:

I was looking at the GF thread and was wondering which suite you were in? I think I narrowed it down to a BC, BU, or BQ?
Would you happen to remember? Thank you.:D

Queenof4hearts, we Hoop-Dee-Doo and Luau just about every vacation. Those dinner shows have become tradition for my family. The Luau is my favorite (I just adore viewing the male dancer’s legs, yowza!), while the Hoop-Dee-Doo is the rest of my family’s favorite. I have both the Hoop & Luau booked for my upcoming trip.

Conch Key is a short walk to the large, quiet pool (just a few minutes). The walk to the newer, themed pool is longer (add on a couple more minutes). I honestly don’t mind the walk to the pools as the GF is landscaped so beautifully. Plus, I adore the fact that Conch Key is right there on the marina (convenient for water mouse boat rental) and the water taxi dock (convenient for travel to the MK).

My favorite resort is the Animal Kingdom Lodge, while the GF is my husband’s. Our favorite concierge staff, however, is found at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, especially “Don” (what a great guy, Disney is lucky to have him).

The two different suites that I have stayed in at the GF are the Wekiwa Suite (sp?) and the Cypress Suite. I don’t know what “codes” they were assigned when they were booked. For my first trip, I needed a suite that slept seven people. For my second trip, I needed a suite that slept nine people (at the last minute, only seven of us wound up going through with that vacation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter