Summer Dreams at HNY - Day 2

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
Pre-trippie
Day 1

Monday 22 July

As much as I tried, I couldn't sleep well and was up just after 6am. I pottered about and made use of the free wi-fi for a while before getting everyone else up.

View from our room, you can just see bag check, tent in the middle:

We were up and out before 8 and made our way to the park. One of the fabulous things about the new bag check is the approach to the Disneyland Park now that the tents etc have been removed. It reminded me of our first visit years ago and that wow feeling you have when you first see the DLH :lovestruc

We were in the park for just after 8am and I was so happy. It was a beautiful day and all around us was very quiet.

Abbey tried to do the whole holding the castle thing, but despite my very precise direction it just didn't happen......

The castle always looks so beautiful in the sun, with blue skies behind it

First stop as always is to try and remove that blinkin' sword....

I love Fantasyland during EMH, it's so pretty :love:

Then over to Peter Pan. I always feel like I'm 'really there' when we've done PP during EMH. I love it :thumbsup2

Next up the Dumbos:

And the Teacups:

A stroll through Fantasyland to Discoveryland

Buzz was our next mission

Serious stuff...

DH won, as he always does....

Abbey wanted to do Space Mountain. Normally I'd go on with her but I just wasn't up to it :sad2: So she went on herself and we took some pictures around the area:

Lewis was getting excited about going on Star Tours later:

Then we were off down our beloved Liberty Arcade to go back to the hotel for breakfast

The World of Disney Store:

Outside the shop that sells the light sabers

We arrived back at the hotel and could see that breakfast was being served in the convention centre. I noticed later on that the New York City Bar was closed for refurbishment, and that they were using the Manhattan as a bar instead of a restaurant, so that's probably why we were in the convention centre each day.

Breakfast was lovely as always. Big selection of fresh fruits, rolls, croissants, yoghurt, cereal, cold meats, toast/bread, scrambled egg, bacon, sausages, potato fries and many different juices/tea coffee etc. It's buffet style, so no waiting about.

Love these table mats:

We headed back to the room to get sorted for the day ahead - the long corridors

When we came back down we saw that Goofy and Max were at the photo point, but the queue had just closed for them. Our eldest, Mark loved The Goofy Movie when he was wee and would have loved to have seen Max, so I took a picture of him anyway, just to prove we'd seen him!

Here's a better view of bag check - it's just opposite Café Mickey

And our room - middle row on far left

Back through the Village and we were on our way to the Studios :cool1:

Abbey and DH wanted to do Tower of Terror, so they went off to see if wait times were long and if so get FP. Lewis and I had a wander round the Monsters Inc area.

Scream!!!

Then we hopped onto the carpets, walk on. Just as we were boarding I saw DH and DD. They had got FP for TOT and sat to wait for us.

We all went over and did Cars with 10 minute wait. I couldn't believe how relatively quiet it was everywhere. Cars was good

Next up Toystory Playland

Slinky first

No Dancing!

Abbey checked times for RC but was already 50m wait. Parachutes was busy too.

We noticed that Animagique was just about to start so headed there to cool down. It was so hot today :cool2: Lovely show and Lewis loved the bubbles. Don't worry, I didn't take any photos once it started....

After this it was time for DH and Abbey to do TOT. It was so hot now that Lewis and I went into the drawing part of Art of Animation.

He drew some Mickey heads

Some photos inside the area:

Then he managed to get a seat to take part in the drawing class, drawing Mickey.

And in the gift shop..I'd love a room with glass cabinets and fill them up with all of these.....

We met up with DH and Abbey and went over to Cinemagique.

We've seen this many times now, but today has to be one of the best yet. The audience seemed to be made up of people who'd never seen it before. When the CM stood up to introduce the film he was applauded and soaked it all up, bowing and raising his hands for more applause :lmao: Then during the film there was lots of ooohing and ahhhing at appropriate points, applause at all the funny and soppy bits. All the effects were working too. It was a really good atmosphere and made the show all the better for it :thumbsup2

We left the Studios after this and popped into the Village for an Earl of Sandwich. DH and I both had the Original:

Lewis had the kids meal, pizza sandwich/capri sun and brownies

Abbey had her usual cookie :rolleyes:

After this we headed for the bus station. Abbey was desperate to go shopping at Val d'europe and as it was so hot today we agreed this would be the best time. It was early afternoon so we agreed to go for it. On the way we met this guy, who I felt a bit sorry for - he must have been toasted!

Well, we waited at the bus stop for the number 50 bus as I knew this was the one that went to Hotel E'lysee, which is just beside the shops. I couldn't figure out the timetable so we just sat in the shaded bus stop and waited....and waited.....and waited :sad: In the end we waited about 50 minutes :scared1: And I know we could just have got the train, but we kept thinking that 'it must be here in a minute...' Waiting here reminded me exactly why we never stay off site...we were leaving the Disney bubble that I love and going into the real world :lmao:

Anyway, we got the bus and into the shops. Abbey loves make-up so we picked up some stuff she wanted for her and her friends and then we went into Auchan and stocked up on cans of coke and some sweets. We did look around for a sports shop as Mark had said he would quite like the new France top, but we couldn't find it :confused3. We came out of here about 16:00 and didn't bother waiting for a bus, just went for the train (which I know we should have done on the way there::yes::).

We were roasting now and headed back to the hotel

As soon as we were in we picked up our swimming stuff and headed to the pool. DH kept saying that it was going to be busy, but it wasn't. It was sheer bliss floating in the outside pool. DS isn't a strong swimmer and with there not being a shallow end, he made use of the floats and enjoyed the pool too. After an hour or so in the pool we relaxed in the room and really benefited from this to re-charge us for the evening ahead.

We left the hotel and went for our meal at Rainforest Cafe. We were seated immediately. It was about 19:20 now.

Our order was taken within about 5 minutes of sitting down and we were served very quickly :thumbsup2

DH, Abbey and I all had the Biggi Burger, cooked to order:

Lewis had the kids cheeseburger

And pancakes with Nutella

We had a nice setting and despite being busy, were served really quickly. Also, after I'd asked on here if anyone knew of discounts, I showed my shareholders card and got the discount :thumbsup2 A really good meal had by all. We'll definitely be back.

Now for the main event.....build your own light saber ;)

Lewis loved this. He had been talking about it for ages and knew all the names for all the bits. A lady helped him along and he was thrilled to bits with his creation.

Abbey also picked a couple of gifts for her friends. As I was paying, DH suggested getting them all sent back to the hotel but we were too late. The CM said it was ok for us to leave them at the shop and pick up later, as long as it was before midnight, so that's what we did :thumbsup2

We'd been on the lookout for the new Monsters University cap that Mike wears in the film, but it wasn't in the light saber shop (as it became known ;)) so we went to the World of Disney

It's a lovely shop in here. It feels different than all the others.

The cap was found :thumbsup2

Next, we tried for FP again for BTM but none left. So, we decided to head to Fantasyland via Adventureland.

Love all these wee shops

Next was Alice's Maze. Abbey loves all things Alice. I'm not keen on the maze to be honest and still felt a bit ropey. However we wandered in, and I didn't think we'd ever get out :laughing:

I didn't have the energy to climb the castle, so Abbey and Lewis did it themselves.

Next up, we were going to do Small World, but saw Captain Hook and Mr Smee instead. Lewis couldn't get near Captain Hook, but stood patiently for Mr Smee and sure enough the wee pirate noticed him and made sure he got his photo. It pays to be polite :thumbsup2

Now time for Star Tours - Lewis was so excited :banana:

We all enjoyed this and Lewis was thrilled to bits now that he knew everything about it.

Some refreshments were in order so we picked up some juice and cornetto's (bogof, thanks Jill :thumbsup2) and made our way to Main St to get a spot for Dreams. There were already masses of people sitting down, so we just joined them on the road between Discoveryland and the hub. About 15 minutes before it was due to start Lewis needed the toilet :faint: So DH hot footed it to Videopolis with him and made it back in time for it to start.

Just as it started some people who were right at the front stood up, and the entire crowd started shouting for them to sit down - in about 4 different languages :lmao:

Anyway, it was spectacular :wizard:

It took a while to get out the park, but we just went with the flow. No point trying to speed up, it took as long as it took :) We popped into the shop and picked up our purchases from earlier and went back to the hotel. Within about 10 minutes of Lewis playing with his new light saber, a small piece that is supposed to open and close, broke. He was a bit upset but I promised we'd get it changed the next day. Lights were out about 1am and we were all shattered. I had called housekeeping earlier and asked for more pillows, and thankfully they had been delivered. My dentist had said to try not to lie flat, and being propped up really helped me.

We'd agreed no EMH tomorrow, as we'd like to try for an early start to get on Crush at the Studios, so a wee lie in, alarm set for 8am :laughing:

Loving your TR (as always) Cannot wait to read more :thumbsup2

Enjoying your TR :)
Going to have a proper read through it after work, right now i'm just picture spying :')

You're extremely luck to have seen Max Goof!
I'm heading off to California in August and booking character meals in hope of tracking him down!

Another great day. You managed to fit a lot in. I prefered to have breakfast in the convention room as I like that it is spacious. I want a MU cap too, hope Lewis got his light sabre changed.

Loving your TR (as always) Cannot wait to read more :thumbsup2

Thank you :)

Enjoying your TR :)
Going to have a proper read through it after work, right now i'm just picture spying :')

You're extremely luck to have seen Max Goof!
I'm heading off to California in August and booking character meals in hope of tracking him down!

I could not believe it when we saw him! We are a bit past character hunting now, but Max was one we just had to see :thumbsup2 Good luck with your hunting :)

Another great day. You managed to fit a lot in. I prefered to have breakfast in the convention room as I like that it is spacious. I want a MU cap too, hope Lewis got his light sabre changed.

Yes, I quite like the convention centre too, I love the corridors that lead to it too. I've seen the MU cap in the Disney store here, but I don't think it had the rip on it.

Enjoying reading your trip report - really does feel like we are there!

We're staying at Dream Castle this time which is our first stay off-site - hope the buses aren't too bad!!

Never eaten in the Rainforest Café but it looks amazing and great that you can get shareholders discount on it too.:goodvibes

Looking forward to reading the next day's instalment!

Enjoying reading your trip report - really does feel like we are there!

We're staying at Dream Castle this time which is our first stay off-site - hope the buses aren't too bad!!

Never eaten in the Rainforest Café but it looks amazing and great that you can get shareholders discount on it too.:goodvibes

Looking forward to reading the next day's instalment!

When we were waiting on the bus, I noticed that there were a few for the Dream Castle going past, so you should be ok :)

We had been to DLP loads of times before we discovered Rainforest Cafe - a really good find :thumbsup2

When we were waiting on the bus, I noticed that there were a few for the Dream Castle going past, so you should be ok :)

Yay!:goodvibes Thanks:thumbsup2

We had been to DLP loads of times before we discovered Rainforest Cafe - a really good find :thumbsup2

This will be my 8th trip in September; but there are so many amazing restaurants to try and there are a few we love so much like Annette's that a trip to DLP would not be the same without; that we literally run out of days to try them all!:rotfl2: Maybe we might try Rainforest Café in December!:thumbsup2

Great day 2! The build your own light saber looks amazing - I've never seen that before. Did they have the rain working again in Cinemagique?

Great day 2! The build your own light saber looks amazing - I've never seen that before. Did they have the rain working again in Cinemagique?

The lightsaber was fantastic...I forgot to add it costs 29.99E for the one Lewis had, or you could get a double (I believe like Darth Mauls) for 32.99E

Yes, all working in Cinemagique. Fantastic :thumbsup2 It really was the best experience we've had watching this. Wish I was there now :)

Great day 2 Julie. Love Lewis' MU hat!
You got loads done!! Do you remember off hand how much the kids menu is at Rainforest Cafe? I think my two would love it in October.
Going to read Day 3 after my tea, I'm thoroughly enjoying this TR ::yes::

kizzabel said:
Great day 2 Julie. Love Lewis' MU hat!
You got loads done!! Do you remember off hand how much the kids menu is at Rainforest Cafe? I think my two would love it in October.
Going to read Day 3 after my tea, I'm thoroughly enjoying this TR ::yes::

He loves his cap. We didn't see a single other person wearing it whilst we were there.

Just checked my receipt, kids menu at Rainforest Cafe was 13.50€. We all had a really good meal there :)

He loves his cap. We didn't see a single other person wearing it whilst we were there.

Just checked my receipt, kids menu at Rainforest Cafe was 13.50€. We all had a really good meal there :)

Thanks a mill, Im just doing up our meal plan part of our PTR / budgeting for our trip. I must show this pic to my DS, he is MU obsessed! He went on a splurge in Primark yesterday buying a MU wallet, hoody and a Sully belt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter