"Summer Season"

isyt

DIS Veteran
Another website is saying that Disney is making a new season for rates called the summer season. It will be higher rates than regular season but not as high as peak or holiday rates. It is only for the values and the moderates. Why would they have deluxe resorts at value and the others at a summer rate :confused3 ? Anyone else hear of this? I would hate it if it were true because we go in the summer!!! :rolleyes1

Since Deluxe resort rates aren't out yet, I am not convinced that they also will not have this "5th season".

Also, I notice you are from NJ. Keep in mind Florida's idea of summer vs. NJ's are different (based on school seasons). Summer season runs from 5/24-8/4

InstImpres said:
Since Deluxe resort rates aren't out yet, I am not convinced that they also will not have this "5th season".

Also, I notice you are from NJ. Keep in mind Florida's idea of summer vs. NJ's are different (based on school seasons). Summer season runs from 5/24-8/4

Deluxe resorts have always been at value season during the May-August time while the Value and moderate hotels have been at regular season. I am just saying if they did do this it be a $10 difference between a mod and deluxe. I am well aware of the school season differences and truly hope they don't do this , just wanted to know if anyone heard this rumor.

Boy Parsippany we should meet at Bennigans for lunch some day!!!

I've never understood why the summer has different seasons for Deluxe vs. Mod/Value--it's been true for a while in July and August, and this just exacerbates that trend if the Deluxes truly don't come out with an equivalent season.

It seems reasonable to conclude that the "summer crowd" doesn't have as many big-spenders as other seasons, but I have no intuition as to why that might be.

isyt said:
Deluxe resorts have always been at value season during the May-August time while the Value and moderate hotels have been at regular season.

Value season at a deluxe resort does not start until July 5th. They are at regular season prices in May and June.

As stated Value season at the Deluxe resorts begins on July 5th. Also it has not always been this way.

As to why value season at the deluxe resorts begins on July 5, it was adjusted when bookings at deluxe resorts during that time period were down compared to other months.

Just like October went from value to regular due to the increase in bookings.

The large summer crowds are mostly families and people with jobs that do not allow them to travel at other times. Most of them will stay at the values, moderates and off property. This is not to say there are not exceptions, but that is the trend. Also the large tour groups with teenagers will not stay deluxe during this time period.

Also most deluxe resorts are convention resorts and the hot of the summer is not prime time for conventions.

Heat and hurricanes also keep away those with the money and flexiblity to travel at other times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter