Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Hey Hey Hey! I am back for another trip report! I don't know how many I have done at this point. I believe all of them are in my signature.

Otherwise I am Ryan, Rumors and News aficionado/Moderator, "Official thread" guru, big time runDisney runner, and an all around Disney fan. I hail from the great state of Wisconsin if you didn't already know. So I am of course a big sports fan as well. Anyways back to Disney.

I had the opportunity to travel to Walt Disney World this July so of course I took it. For this trip I stayed at Saratoga Springs. Many seem to not like Saratoga much but I really enjoy it. It is peaceful and relaxed and is a quick walk or boat ride from Disney Springs.

My trip dates fell July 5th-July 10th.

Some things that highlight this trip.

- Disney After Hours at Animal Kingdom
- Sebastian's Bistro
- Grand Opening of Gran Destino Tower

I think that should do it for introductions. Let's get to it!

If I counted your signature correctly, this is your 10th TR.
Please don't ask why I counted the TRs in your signature. It's past my bedtime and my alarm is going off in 6 hours, I can't be held responsible for what I do.

Excited to read all about the trip!

First one joining in! Excited to see your travels!

Welcome!
If I counted your signature correctly, this is your 10th TR.
Please don't ask why I counted the TRs in your signature. It's past my bedtime and my alarm is going off in 6 hours, I can't be held responsible for what I do.

Excited to read all about the trip!

Well thanks for counting for me ;)
Joining in! Excited to see everything you did on your trip! :)

Welcome!

Hi Ryan! I'm joining along for this TR! I'm so excited to hear about DAK DAH, Sebastian's Bistro, and Grand Destino Tower!

Following! I’m curious to see more of what you think of Saratoga since that is one of our DVC home resorts.

Hi Ryan! I'm joining along for this TR! I'm so excited to hear about DAK DAH, Sebastian's Bistro, and Grand Destino Tower!

Can’t wait to share all about it!
Jumping in!

Hello!

Welcome!
Following! I’m curious to see more of what you think of Saratoga since that is one of our DVC home resorts.

This is actually my second stay at SSR.
Alright! Looking forward to more.

Welcome!
Welcome back!

I love a good trip report- count me in!

Glad to have you!
Following along!
Hello!

Sorry I haven’t posted an update yet. Been quite busy since I’ve been home. Hopefully tonight I will get it up!

Travel day fun!

So for this trip I flew on Delta for the first time. I am an avid Southwest flier. Milwaukee is a Southwest hub and there are always reasonable direct flights to and from Orlando and Milwaukee. I didn't know what to expect with Delta but I did not get direct flights from Milwaukee. On the way down I would have a layover in Atlanta.

My flight left Milwaukee around 11AM.

IMG_4842.jpg

I arrived in Atlanta around lunch time and ended up grabbing Chick-fil-a for lunch. While eating I got a notification that my gate had changed so I had to hop on the tram thing and head to a different gate. Then I was off to MCO!

I landed around 5PM and headed to the magical express. At DME my magicband didn't work (my new SSE band I got) but they found the reservation no problem.

IMG_4843.jpg

I have become so used to runDisney race weekends that it was sort of refreshing to just enjoy WDW instead of having to run all the time.

I arrived at Saratoga Springs! At check in they checked my magicband and found it wasn't working quite right and wouldn't have opened my door so thankfully got that straightened away.

IMG_4845.jpg

I would end up in the Paddock section, building 6, room 6747 on the 3rd floor.

This was my view.

IMG_4846.jpg

And then the rest of the room...

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

These rooms are just getting started with refurbishment as I will show you later. The new rooms will have a queen bed like this and then a queen murphy bed that comes out of the wall similar to the beds at Pop Century. As you can also see I ordered a case of water. I have never ordered from Amazon or any other services before but decided to try it this time instead of paying for bottles of water in the park. It ended up costing me like $15ish after delivery fee and what not. That definitely saved me money. 4 water bottles at Disney would've cost me $16. For just me this room was perfect. Bed, coach, bathroom, nice view. I couldn't have needed much more.

After settling in a bit I headed off to the Magic Kingdom where I had some fastpasses.

As I pulled in on the bus I saw my first glimpse of the newly painted Monorail Silver. I never did get the chance to ride and see the new inside.

IMG_4852.jpg

And then there is this pretty thing...

IMG_4855.jpg

Up Next: Reach out and find your happily ever after...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!