Summit/D2 Summit Anyone?

gulliesmom

Mouseketeer
Thought it would be fun to start a thread for anyone heading to Summit in May with their cheerleader or dancer.

DD (11) is heading to the D2 Summit May 8-13 with her youth cheer team. This is her team's first year cheering and they are thrilled to have earned a Wild Card bid.

We are staying on property and should be hearing tomorrow from the coaches which resort they have chosen for us. Ideally I would prefer Coronado Springs, then Caribbean, then POP and finally All Stars- so we'll see what they have decided and where we can get our rooms. We are doing the Varsity package.

We are planning a send-off on May 7th for the girls, so I am trying to come up with fun ideas for things to make goody bags for them. I am so far thinking Disney socks, candy and snacks, and maybe note pads, pens. Not sure- would love ideas :)

So we are definitely staying Moderate but won't know if CBR or CS for a while. We only get to register and select "Value" or "moderate" and they assign the team accordingly.

We will be there! I essentially have the same story as you, but I have two girls competing.

We aren't doing the send off, but their Easter Baskets this year are going to be Summit themed. :love:

So we are definitely staying Moderate but won't know if CBR or CS for a while. We only get to register and select "Value" or "moderate" and they assign the team accordingly.
When did you find which resort they assigned you? Our representative put in a request fro CBR so I am wondering if we have a good chance of getting that. I would think the dancers would be more likely to get CS.

Congrats to all who have bids!! My daughter's Y1 team just got upgraded to a paid bid to the D2 summit after Super Nationals in Indy! Our coaches decided to go with the commuter package, so we'll be staying in one of the Disney Springs good neighbor hotels.

This will be my daughter's first time at Summit and we're really excited! We tacked a few days on to our trip after the competition to enjoy the parks. The planner in me is super bummed that we won't be able to make FP+ reservations ahead of time.

I have a question about the Celebration party that will be on Sunday night. Does anyone know what time we'll be able to get into the park with a party ticket? I know that you can get in early with other event tickets (MNSSHP & MVMCP) so I was wondering if it would be the same with the party ticket.

Congrats to all who have bids!! My daughter's Y1 team just got upgraded to a paid bid to the D2 summit after Super Nationals in Indy! Our coaches decided to go with the commuter package, so we'll be staying in one of the Disney Springs good neighbor hotels.

This will be my daughter's first time at Summit and we're really excited! We tacked a few days on to our trip after the competition to enjoy the parks. The planner in me is super bummed that we won't be able to make FP+ reservations ahead of time.

I have a question about the Celebration party that will be on Sunday night. Does anyone know what time we'll be able to get into the park with a party ticket? I know that you can get in early with other event tickets (MNSSHP & MVMCP) so I was wondering if it would be the same with the party ticket.

Last year we got in around 10pm (or whenever the party started) I think. Not like a normal After Hours party in that you can get in in 3-4 hours before. Everyone waited outside of MK and there was one section for party goers to enter (like a roped off area) at the start of the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!