Sun cream in December do you need it?

Last minute packing coming up!!!! So...... Sun cream in December do you need it?

YES, even if its "not sunny" you will need protecting from UVB / UVA rays. Also make sure to buy suncream in UK before you go to America. American suncream does not protect UK / Irish / European skin. My Irish friend who lives in California stocks up on suncream when she comes home to Ireland. One of my American friends took a look at my Boots suncream and was very impressed with the ingredients and sun protection compared to the American brands she knows.

A definite yes. We go every Christmas - one year we were in coats, hats and gloves. Most years we've been sitting around the pool on Christmas day. There's a cold front in Orlando at the moment but it's due to warm up again next weekend.

What is different about my English skin compared to American skin?

American sunscreen protects British and Irish people just fine, you can buy it there no problem. Weather in December highly variable, plan for all outcomes.

What is different about my English skin compared to American skin?

American sunscreen protects British and Irish people just fine, you can buy it there no problem. Weather in December highly variable, plan for all outcomes.

Sunscream in America has different ingredients and is formulated for different skin types. The UVA /UVB protection is higher in Boots UK suncream for example than in Walmats suncream. The consistency is different. These are observations from an Californian native who actaully looked at the ingredients and sun protection on my Boots UK suncream. She was concerned about my pale Irish skin in the California sun as the suncream she uses would not protect me. After a few days when she saw how well I was protected and my skin did not even redden, she asked to see the bottle to read the ingredients.

NoAd is the best stuff, someone in the industry told me the base ingredients are the same they use in v expensive brands.
I use SPF factor 15 in winter.
If you have been to Canaries in Winter, it is on about the same Longitude (or is it Latitude, never did Geography O Level).

NoAd is the best stuff, someone in the industry told me the base ingredients are the same they use in v expensive brands.
I use SPF factor 15 in winter.
If you have been to Canaries in Winter, it is on about the same Longitude (or is it Latitude, never did Geography O Level).

That would be latitude - if they were on the same longitude then they would be sitting on top of each other! However I agree that sun protection to some degree is required in Florida all year round. :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!