Sunday or Monday make a difference

gogiantsfan11

Earning My Ears
I am coming in for two night and a 1 day park hopper on March 10th. Staying at Lowes Royal . Rather do the parks on Sunday then Monday. Will there be a huge difference in crowds from a weekend vs weekday. With Express Pass on most ever ride is it necessary to be there at 8am for early park openings now? Thanks.

IMO, with EP, it doesn't matter what day of the week you go and it isn't necessary to get there at opening. We were just there and didn't arrive until 10-10:30 each day and got everything done that we wanted to. With 1-2 days, you'll be more pressed for time, but I still don't think it's necessary to arrive that early with EP on a random day with no major events.

You will be fine starting the parks at 9

The ep will help you avoid line waits

You will have some waits but nothing like the waits in the regular lines

Thanks for the info. What time do they normally allow the guest in who are not staying on site at a regular 9am park opening. Is it like Disney where they rope drop much earlier? It will be just me and my one 20 year old son. Any suggestions for park pattern to try to minimize wait time?

Given you only have 1 day, I'd still suggest you make use of EE. The general crowd levels in the HP sections can get overwhelming sometimes. So if you want to just be able to walk around, maybe go through Olivanders, make use of your interactive wands,etc., having that extra hour with fewer folks can give you opportunity to focus the rest of the day elsewhere.

With spring break in March, could be hard to say which day would have less in the park
Maybe Sunday would be better as many peeps either arrive or leave on Sundays

Thanks for the info. What time do they normally allow the guest in who are not staying on site at a regular 9am park opening. Is it like Disney where they rope drop much earlier? It will be just me and my one 20 year old son. Any suggestions for park pattern to try to minimize wait time?

They usually let people in about 15 minutes early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter