Sunrise 9 and Lake Buena Vista Course

laurenj1991

Earning My Ears
Hello! I hope i'm in the right board, I had a hard time trying to place this one...

I have two members in my party who will be doing the sunrise 9 on 12/10/19 at LBV, tee time is 8:33 AM.
I've tried to reach out to Disney with my questions BUT I've been given what seems as false information so, here I am! :)

------
1.) We are staying at the Grand Floridian. Is it true that the golfers of my party can just go to the front desk the day of their tee time and request travel to the course and they receive a complimentary taxi voucher? If so, how do they get back to the hotel once they finish golfing?

2.) Where I can find prices for club rentals? I've searched and (could be user error) I just can't find this!

3.) Is there anyway I need/should link my golf reservation to MDE? A cast member told me the site I used, golfwdw.com was a third party and I needed to book through MDE. But the Disney site links to the golfwdw.com page so I don't believe it's a third party?

4.) My final question is, if anyone has done the sunrise 9, can you walk me through the timeline? I know it comes with a breakfast sandwich/coffee before tee time and a drink afterwards. About how long can I expect them to spend here? How early should they arrive prior to tee time to eat/get rentals taken care of and get situated?

Any help is so greatly appreciated, this is new territory for me!

82 days to go!

Ok, this is barely any help at all,but maybe a bump will let someone else who knows more see it....

FWIW when we looked into playing Oak Trail, we were told the same thing about the taxi voucher, and that you’d just do the reverse when you left the course. So maybe that’s actually true LOL

I seem to recall club rental being in the $20-$30 range and IIRC, they said they were all TaylorMade. Again, true?? IDK.

Are you saying you’d go and wait for them to play? Unless these are kids (or my daughter LOL) they can probably play 9 holes in about 2 hours, so you wouldn’t be there waiting too terribly long. I’d personally rather just ride along rather than sit and wait; you’d probably some wildlife out and about.

Anyway, hope you get some better answers!!

I appreciate your response! I feel like for some reason this topic isn’t discussed much but it sounds like we may just be winging this one!!

I’m not going with the two members of my party but was just trying to get a feel since we have other plans for the late afternoon and I want to make sure they can get a nap in! :)

My DH plays golf every trip. However, he has never done the Sunrise 9, so I cannot help you with the logistics of that one. We also have a car when we are on property, so I am not certain about the taxi voucher. I have heard this in the past as well, but we haven't experienced it to tell you whether it's legit or not.

The golfwdw.com is the site for golfing in WDW. It does not connect to MDE. There are no reservation numbers to put in MDE to add to your plans. If you do want it to be there, you can add a note to the day, but it is just a reminder for you.

My DH plays a full 18 when we go to WDW 2-3 times a trip. He normally gets the first tee time and is complete in about 3-4 hours (4 has been the longest). The length of time to plan for the Sunrise 9 might be a bit difficult considering the fact that the speed of play is completely dependent on the people ahead of their party. If the party in front of your party are slow, it will slow them down as well. I would think that just playing the 9 would mean that they would take less than the 3 hours it takes my husband though.

My suggestion to you is to call WDW Golf to get some more direct answers (407-939-4653).

Hello! I hope i'm in the right board, I had a hard time trying to place this one...

I have two members in my party who will be doing the sunrise 9 on 12/10/19 at LBV, tee time is 8:33 AM.
I've tried to reach out to Disney with my questions BUT I've been given what seems as false information so, here I am! :)

------
1.) We are staying at the Grand Floridian. Is it true that the golfers of my party can just go to the front desk the day of their tee time and request travel to the course and they receive a complimentary taxi voucher? If so, how do they get back to the hotel once they finish golfing?

2.) Where I can find prices for club rentals? I've searched and (could be user error) I just can't find this!

3.) Is there anyway I need/should link my golf reservation to MDE? A cast member told me the site I used, golfwdw.com was a third party and I needed to book through MDE. But the Disney site links to the golfwdw.com page so I don't believe it's a third party?

4.) My final question is, if anyone has done the sunrise 9, can you walk me through the timeline? I know it comes with a breakfast sandwich/coffee before tee time and a drink afterwards. About how long can I expect them to spend here? How early should they arrive prior to tee time to eat/get rentals taken care of and get situated?

Any help is so greatly appreciated, this is new territory for me!

82 days to go!

I haven't done the Sunrise 9, but I have done the Sunset 9 a couple times.

1. Yes, they can request a cab at the front desk. When they are finished golfing just let the attendant at the golf course know when you are ready to leave and they will call for a complimentary taxi.
2. I always bring my own clubs but you can rent them for $25 for 9 holes, https://www.golfwdw.com/images/269-2675-WDG-Rental-Equipment-Spread-v14LR.PDF I believe there is a discount for DVC and/or AP. At least there used to be.
3. There is no way to link the golf reservation or book through MDE. Their courses are managed by the Arnold Palmer Golf Management Team.
4. I can't remember if LBV has a driving range. They can arrive as early as needed to warm-up/putt/eat. If they tee off at 8:33 expect them to finish golfing around 10:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!