Sunrise Birthday DIY Resort "Run"

ZJ5/9D47

Mouseketeer
To celebrate my birthday, my Mom and I did a DIY sunrise fun "run" at our resort. To add to the fun, I created some medals before we left.

It was the perfect way to start my birthday.

(A mile might not seem like a lot, but it is for us.)

IMG_7408.JPGIMG_7404.JPGIMG_7297.JPGIMG_7306.JPGIMG_7339.JPG

What a fun idea creating your own medal - I absolutely love it! I did my first Resort Fun Run on the 4th of July - the Regatta Run at the Yacht and Beach Club. It was so fun getting to run along the river to Hollywood Studios and around Crescent Lake and there was some great prizes at the end of the run! Definitely something I want to try again some time (especially at French Quarter...the beignets at the end of that race are calling my name!)

regatta run 1.jpg

regatta run 2.jpg

What a fun idea creating your own medal - I absolutely love it!

Me too! OP, I think your creativity and photos are great!!

And softball chick, your Regatta stuff looks super fun too!! I'm not a runner - do they do "walk" events as well?

Me too! OP, I think your creativity and photos are great!!

And softball chick, your Regatta stuff looks super fun too!! I'm not a runner - do they do "walk" events as well?

There was a mix of walking and running, although that particular day seemed to be a lot more runners. My guess is it varies for each particular day and no two races are the same. I know that I have heard of people walking the Beignet Dash at POFQ - I will probably be one of them whenever I get around to doing that one because my family will definitely want to join and they are not runners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!