Sunscreen in carry-on?

Thanks for all the info. I had no idea cream sunscreen was considered a "liquid". How about if I brought 3, less than 3 oz. small containers? Do they allow multiples of the same thing?
You would be amazed at the number of people who don't know what constitutes a liquid.
At our local airport, several thousand bottles of water/soda/juice etc. get thrown out every day because people don't think of them as liquids...just sayin"

You would be amazed at the number of people who don't know what constitutes a liquid.
At our local airport, several thousand bottles of water/soda/juice etc. get thrown out every day because people don't think of them as liquids...just sayin"

Well, yes, juice, water, soda are liquids but sunscreen, which is a cream, no, I don't think that's a no-brainer.

Well, yes, juice, water, soda are liquids but sunscreen, which is a cream, no, I don't think that's a no-brainer.
um ok it seems like pretty basic elementary school science at least at my daughters school where they did solids, liquids and gases in second grade

they are heading straight for the parks. So they will need sunscreen before DME delivers any checked luggage.

This was a helpful reminder. I don't take Magic Express, so my checked bag will be with me. But if my room is not ready, it will be easier if everything I want access to right away is in my carry-on bag. It will be easier to dig through that rather than opening up my larger suitcase. So I will be pouring sunscreen into a small bottle before I leave. I will put the small bottle in my 3-1-1 bag and the almost-full regular-size bottle in my checked bag.

(I had been planning to put the small empty bottle in my checked bag, thinking I would pour when I got there. I completely forgot that I would want the sunscreen before my room is ready.)

You would think solid deodorant would be ok, right? Well, I once had some jumped-up, wanna-be important, TSA guy tell me my solid deodorant had to go into my (full) 3-1-1 bag. His reasoning? It could be melted down into a liquid. Seriously. Well, you can't argue with these guys. They can delay you enough to miss your flight (requiring an expensive walk-up same-day ticket), or worse. So out goes my Wrinkle release and in goes my Secret. I refrained form telling him, by husband's chocolate bars could be melted down as well. DH would have killed me !

I can't even...wonder if he made people put chocolate bars into 311 bags too. Or anything plastic for that matter. Or anything metal. Or, or or...

I can't even...wonder if he made people put chocolate bars into 311 bags too. Or anything plastic for that matter. Or anything metal. Or, or or...
Exactly. I wanted to smart-mouth him and say "well you can melt my gold necklace too, but I left my acetylene torch in my checked bag." But of course, I had to zip my lip and comply with his idiotic demand.

I went abroad May 2022 and both ways they let me take my 8oz bottle of sunscreen when I stated it was medically necessary. On the way back they were giving me a hard time so I had to show them the note from my dermatologist because I am susceptible to skin cancer and sunburns. They will conduct an extra test on it but that's fine. Make sure you get a medical note approved by your doctor. And make sure you declare it and take it out to show them the bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter