Sunterra Cypress Point, Please advise!!

imgointoDis

Earning My Ears
We have reservations at Sunterra Cypress Point in Lake Buena Vista for a 2 bedroom. The search function isn't working here, so I can't search for any info on this resort. If you have any information at all, could you please share it? I hate reserving site unseen, but this resort seems to be ok. We will be listening to the time share presentation. Please let me know how it is! Thanks so much:confused:

We stayed in a 3 BR which was a 2BR plus a 1 BR connected together. The 2 BR was quite nice with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, laundry and lanai porch. The couch was a fold out and very uncomfortable to even sit on. The TV was huge! The master bedroom had a king bed and the 2nd bedroom 2 twins. We were in the newest section of the resort next to one of the quiet pools. I heard the main pool is under construction, but we never even visited it at all when we were there.

We also did the timeshare tour. It was OK, better than most. However, we own at DVC and they were pretty sure we were not going to but from the get-go. Just make sure that you all understand how long the presentation will last and make the salesperson stick to the time limit. If they say it will take 90 minutes don't let them keep you for 3 hours! Also, practice saying "no" a lot ;).

You won't need to search for this topic on this board. Just scroll down about 15 posts and you'll see the heading about Cypress Pointe

I hope you read the other thread on Cypress Pointe. That was actually started by us...after we had booked a stay at Cypress Pointe for April 27-thru-May 4. Not sure when you're going down, but as was pointed out to us, the main pool (the "volcano pool" with a slide) is out of service for a couple of months. (Thank you again, Lisa P. a hundred times over for that info....we owe you a dinner at least...you saved our vacation!!!!)
Fortunatley we were able to switch to another place after Cypress Pointe confirmed pool renovations. Hope you are able to do the same, imgointodis, if pool is important to you. (My three kids would be on the website every night looking at the pool....it was a very big deal to us!!)
Good luck!

cd& kids! Thanks for the info. We are not scheduled at Cypress Point until November. Have you heard when the pool rennovations will be complete? Please let me know if you have any other info. Thank you!

Thanks for the head's up on the Volcano pool ... now I have something else to b*tch about. We'll be there from 04/05 - 04/19, and were planning on pool time. We just recently found out that they no longer have "organized activities" (although Sunterra's website says they do), got rid of them about 6 months ago (4 months after we made our reservation).

We are actually HGVC members, so I'm not sure if at this late date we can move to another location (we need a 3 bedroom unit for 2 weeks). So I'm probably going to have to settle for giving them a scathing low-point review (don't know about RCI, but HGVC pays attention to members' reviews of other properties).

I just called them (407-238-2300) and was advised the pool construction has been completed and both pools are open.

One less thing for me to be PO'd about.

This is getting more confusing. I also called today and "guest services" was not aware of any pool construction. So after my persistance she questioned another department and found out that the Volcano pool is scheduled to be closed from April 1st thru June 1st. She also told me that Phase 1 will not have any construction happening but phase 2 will. Which sie are you staying at? We're at Cypress Pointe not at the Grandvillas

We'll be staying at the Grand Villas 04/05 - 04/19, but they share the pool area with Cypress Pointe.

I'll call again, see if I can get some info about the pool closure (what are they thinking, closing during Spring Break when I'm sure they're booked and the weather is nicer than NOW).

Called again - had to go through 4 different people before I got someone that said yes, it'll be closed 4/1 - 6/1 (volcano pool) which is part of phase 1.

Okay, I'm now getting thoroughly frustrated. I think I'm going to call HGVC where I actually own, and have them contact whoever, so I can complain NOW about not only this but the loss of scheduled recreational activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter