super bowl sunday

Hessie628

Mouseketeer
hi everyone. i just realized that i am going to wdw super bowl weekend. i am a football fanatic and i can't believe i scheduled the trip for then. can anyone tell me the best places to watch the game? i figure the espn club, but what are some others? thanks.

If you like crowds, ESPN Club is your ticket. We were there for a regular football game in Oct and it was crazy. I'd rather watch it in my room.

My DH can't believe it either, but we will be there too. I called the ESPN club and the "Coach" I spoke with said they open at 11:30 am, and it's first come first served. She also said people arrive at this time and "camp out" so they have a table for the game. They will also have a tent outside with big screens and celebrity athletes. I also called the All-Star Sports Cafe and they are booked for a private party. I am certainly NOT camping out at ESPN for 6 hours before kick off and I don't know if we want to be with the crowds at ESPN....Any other ideas?

The ESPN Zone is awesome for watching football, but I agree that camping out for that long can get old....and expensive.

Last year my wedding anniversary fell on Superbowl Sunday while we were in WDW. We had planned for a nice dinner and Illuminations boat cruise and didn't want to cancel it, so figured we'd miss the game. After dinner at the Yachtsman Steak House at the Yacht Club we had about an hour before our boat cruise. There's a nice bar right off the main lobby that had lots of seating, free snacks (nothing elaborate, but free stuff is rare at WDW!) and all kinds of beer/drink specials. I'd assume most WDW resorts have stuff like this going on, so if you're staying onsite, or even if you aren't check with the hotels to see what their bars/lounges have going on.

Have fun!!

At least you will have many options for the game. I will be spending my first night on the Wonder and am getting conflicting reports as to getting a live feed on the ship. We shall see.

Do you have a way to record the game at home?? VCR,Tevo or some other?? Read the sports page day after and then catch the action when you get home!!

We watched the Ravens/Steelers Playoff game at the "outer rim" bar in the Contemporary Resort. THere was hardly anyone there & there were many TV's. A decent sized one by the bar & then about 8 others throughout the bar. It was nice - even though the Ravens lost :o Nice comfy sofas & chairs to sit in & everything! Have Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter