• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Walmart near Aulani

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
I thought I had read about a Super Walmart near Aulani? I've searched and can not seem to find any posts.

Is there one near Aulani? I know there is a Costco and Safeway, but I have some Walmart gift cards that I thought I would bring and use if there is one nearby.

I think you heard that there was a Super Target, just down the road. There is also a Costco on that side of the island. I do not think there is a Super Walmart anywhere near Aulani.

We used the Target it is just one exit away. Costco was also right there.

There is also a Walmart over there too. It's kind of hard to describe how to get there and it's not a super Walmart, but has a lot of stuff!!!! Here is the address 91-600 Farrington Hwy Kapolei, HI 96707.

Target has a limited selection, less than our local Super Target. We're going to get a Safeway card (at the store) and shop and Safeway next trip. We don't a Costco card and besides the large box sizes at warehouses doesn't work for our small family for a week's vacation.

I wouldn't go to the Walmart. We did on our first trip to Aulani, not the second. The store, in my opinion, was on the dirty side and hardly anything on the shelves. There is a shopping center closer to Aulani, on the other side of highway (leaving Aulani and heading back to Honolulu). Target doesn't have a huge selection but I thought it was better than Walmart. There is a Safeway there and a Costco. Many just go to Costco.

The Walmart looked like any typical Walmart to me but I love it!! I forgot my bathing suit this last trip :rolleyes: and found one there for cheap. Saved me! For food we buy at Walmart. Havent tried Target yet.

Can't do Costco because we don't have a membership card. Another post referred to a Safeway card that would presumably give some store discounts. If we shop there, I'll make sure to remember that!

Thanks for some suggestions!:):)

Last year I hit the SuperTarget (just before they put in the expanded grocery section), Costco, and Safeway. Since it was just me, I didn't need all that much, so all I got at Costco was some POG juice and a pineapple. I got few things at SuperTarget, but did most of my shopping at the Safeway. I signed up for the Safeway card and most of the stuff I selected was on sale. Unless the grocery section has greatly expanded SuperTarget's choices, I just plan on shopping at Safeway the next time I go to Aulani. It would have been much more convenient for me to have just shopped there rather than running to all three places. (Although I have the say that the POG juice was a really good bargain at Costco, and I could also get my hot dog and soda there for $1.50!!)

I stopped at that WalMart in Kapolei the last day I was there to pick up some souvenirs, but I noticed that they don't have much in the way of groceries. It's definitely not a Super Walmart. I did get some killer deals on beautiful Hawaiian calendars that worked great for the people back home! For my macadamia-related treats that I brought home, the best prices I found were at Costco.

for the walmart don't put in the 91- for the address in a gps. if you do it will take you the wrong direction. only put in the 600 farrington. we found out the hard way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter