Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember to cite or link to an article or source for your news posts and update announcements. For those of you who are linking articles with more details about your news posts and announcements, thank you. Not everyone following this thread is from CA or even in the U.S., so the links can be very helpful!

Oh my goodness, I would love some news. I understand they don't want to jump the gun and promise something they can't deliver, but the longer it takes to hear when it's going to happen, the more itchy I feel. I'm sure most of us are there, just wanting to know WHEN...

Oh my goodness, I would love some news. I understand they don't want to jump the gun and promise something they can't deliver, but the longer it takes to hear when it's going to happen, the more itchy I feel. I'm sure most of us are there, just wanting to know WHEN...

I’m currently watching a random Disneyland ambiance video on YouTube while obsessively reading park news about WDW’s opening hoping for any glimmer of hint of how things will look for us... so yeah, I’m falling off the edge here. 😂

So we finally decided we were going to book. But when I logged in to pay everything, boom it was all gone. Looks like no more booking to the official date of opening just like WDW.

So we finally decided we were going to book. But when I logged in to pay everything, boom it was all gone. Looks like no more booking to the official date of opening just like WDW.
DAMN! I haven’t booked my October dates yet and those seem to be closed too! I wonder what happens to my July booking that is before Disney opens... I wonder if they’ll move that to October for me or just say “too bad.”

Interesting, I just checked park tickets and they are still available, it just seems to be the onsite hotels right now that are unavailable

I just bought my tickets. I was going to wait until the end of the week and figured I could run up to the grocery store if needed to get them, but I got spooked. Thanks for the heads up!

I just booked via CheapTickets... who knows if these will be honored or not. I much rather book directly with Disney so I’ll keep an eye and if tickets open up again I’ll JUMP on them and cancel my CheapTickets order. I’ll also call Disney ASAP tomorrow morning and see if they’ll rebook my July 5th reservation to October...

I just booked via CheapTickets... who knows if these will be honored or not. I much rather book directly with Disney so I’ll keep an eye and if tickets open up again I’ll JUMP on them and cancel my CheapTickets order. I’ll also call Disney ASAP tomorrow morning and see if they’ll rebook my July 5th reservation to October...
I just bought my tickets through the app maybe 20 min ago. I did not see them on the website.

edit- oh- nvm! You probably meant the hotel! Sorry!

I just bought my tickets through the app maybe 20 min ago. I did not see them on the website.

edit- oh- nvm! You probably meant the hotel! Sorry!

Correct. Undercover Tourist was showing no hotel availability and obviously the official Disney site wasn’t, but CheapTickets was still booking rooms... so $3,000 and a few clicks later I have it booked... we’ll see if this gets honored.

Anyone know when Disney reservations agents are able to see 3rd party bookings if I call the hotel to inquire/confirm?

This is from today's MP DLR Update (6/08/20):
From GAT (referring to the WDW reservation system for reopening):
"While we still don't have an opening date for the Disneyland Resort, we imagine they will implement a similar reservations system. Once an opening date is announced, guests may not be able to book a new reservation or tickets for a period of time. Because of this, we are highly encouraging anyone who is interested in visiting the Disneyland Resort this year, to book as soon as possible.
We are recommending that our guests rebook for dates during two of our favorite times of the year: Halloween Time or Holidays at the Disneyland Resort. Additionally, if your readers are more comfortable traveling next year, we are accepting new reservations throughout 2021 as well."

Nothing was said in today's DLR Update about Disney closing the DLR on site reservation books today.

This is from today's MP DLR Update (6/08/20):
From GAT (referring to the WDW reservation system for reopening):
"While we still don't have an opening date for the Disneyland Resort, we imagine they will implement a similar reservations system. Once an opening date is announced, guests may not be able to book a new reservation or tickets for a period of time. Because of this, we are highly encouraging anyone who is interested in visiting the Disneyland Resort this year, to book as soon as possible.
We are recommending that our guests rebook for dates during two of our favorite times of the year: Halloween Time or Holidays at the Disneyland Resort. Additionally, if your readers are more comfortable traveling next year, we are accepting new reservations throughout 2021 as well."

Nothing was said in today's DLR Update about Disney closing the DLR on site reservation books today.

Can you explain where that came from? “MP”? “GAT”? I’m still going to be checking this constantly just in case the Disneyland resorts were undergoing maintenance or something right now... and holy cow I hope my July 5th reservation will save my butt on missing this!

Can you explain where that came from? “MP”? “GAT”? I’m still going to be checking this constantly just in case the Disneyland resorts were undergoing maintenance or something right now... and holy cow I hope my July 5th reservation will save my butt on missing this!
MP = MousePlanet
GAT = GetAwayToday, a very reliable third party vendor

Ah, thanks! Neither site would likely have inside information from Disney though, right? Just probably applying what’s going on/announced with WDW.... ?
GAT is a reputable travel agency that works with Disney a lot, both WDW and DLR. When they know official news, they will announce it. What they know unofficially, they wisely won't publish. You can call them in the morning to ask an agent about booking a DLR hotel.
MP knows a lot of inside information, but very wisely refuses to publish anything until they get official confirmation from Disney.

Ah, ok. I think I understand the chain now. I was thinking GAT made a post today suggesting to book “soon” for Halloween or Christmas which struck me as weird that they would make a post like that less than 24 hours before Disney yanked the reservation system. But it looks like MousePlanet (I assume a blog?) probably coincidently posted something FROM GAT today... and the info from GAT may be a few days old or even back when WDW first pulled their res systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter