Suprises for DH & DS(5)

Kid at heart

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any ideas on how we can suprise my DS to let him know we are off to WDW? We have decided not to tell him until we leave. The night before we will be staying at the airport hotel, so he will know somsething is going on.
Also i would like to have little suprises for them throughout the 11 day trip(Just booked an extra night - YIPEE).
One idea was having 2 champagne Glasses engraved with Mickey & Minnie, and a little glass for our DS & sprite(Bubbly for us) delivered to our room.

I do hope you can come up with other tips for me, i realy want to make this extra special.

Sooooo very excited, can't stop thinking about this vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to mention please dont e mai;l me on this, i dont want DH to know.

Do you or your DH ever go on business trips? If so, you might try telling your DS that he's going to the airport to see you off on your trip. If you have lots of luggage you might need to work out something so that he doesn't see all of it until the last minute but you could let the extra luggage be his first clue that something is going on. Then maybe give him a goody bag of Disney snacks and toys to play with on the plane - you could put in some Disney Dollars and a card from Mickey or a favorite character that says how they are looking forward to his arrival.:)

I've seen lots of good ideas on here about little surprises for each day of the trip:

Wrap small toys in Disney paper and leave one somewhere in the room for your DS to find when you come in from the parks each day.
Order a Disney cookie bouquet to be delivered to your room (I don't have the url for the website with the info on this but I'm sure some of the other folks on here will have it).
Order a basket of goodies from WDW Florist and have delivered to your room.
Give DH a spa treatment (or do the couples treatment at the GF) or treat him to a fun activity outside the parks like a round of golf or the Richard Petty Driving Experience. (Kinda pricey but you didn't mention being on a budget.:D )
You could schedule a surprise character meal and prepare an "invitation" to present to your DS the day of.

That's all I can think of for now but you might want to check the Gifts of a Lifetime website for more ideas and also do a search on these boards - there have been lots of posts about this subject. Just a note, tho - some of the best surprises and treats I've given my DH and DS were all the little tips I've picked up here on the DIS. Stuff like knowing the best spot for watching the parade, where to find the characters, fun activities at our resort, etc.

Have a great trip.:)

I buy disney themed b-day party bags on clearance and then I fill them with little treats for each day of our stay. Some will have beenies and maybe a snack for the day, like a disney fruit snack. Stickers, small activity books, candy, temporary tatoos, and glow sticks are other items I use. I pick most of these up on clearance throughout the year so I spend very little money. The dollar store is also a great place to get little items.

You can also suprise your DS with his own disney backpack or luggage filled with disney clothes, a mickey toothbrush, comb, wash cloth/towel etc.

Mine are 6 and 2, and they both think we are going to Ocean City Maryland on vacation this year! Well, we were supposed to go to OC, but our plans changed :)

I figure that once we get to the airport, at least our 6 year old will figure out that we are not going to the beach!! I'm not sure how and when we will tell them we are going to Disney, but I look forward to reading more ideas on this thread!

Marcy

..but if you are staying on site, the hotel will deliver a B&W autographed picture of Mickey and have it waiting in your room. I also like the Guest of Honor pins; sometimes you forget that you are wearing them until a CM or park guest greets you by name. have fun....

Great ideas! My husband and I will be experiencing our very first trip to WDW this May and we will also be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary. I want to make this trip very special and would like to come up with little surprises every day. It's just the two of us so we have plenty of freedom and privacy to make this special. Does anyone have experience with WDW Florist? Will Guest Services help plan in-room surprises?

How fun! I'm planning a surprise trip for my daughter for her birthday, and I have so many ideas i don't know what to do with them all! The champagne glass idea is wonderful. (You can get non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice, too, that comes in a bottle just like a champagne bottle.)

Maybe you could go to the Disney store & buy stuffed animal or doll of his favorite character, a shirt to match (you'll save money, too...that stuff is quite a bit more at the parks) and a couple of other trinkets & maybe some Disney dollars. And an activity Disney backpack is a great idea, too, with Disney coloring books, anything he might need for the pools like beach balls, water wings, etc. Put everything in a big huge gift bag, put your Disney tickets/plane tickets in the character's hands & have the character doll kind of hanging out of the bag. You could either hide the bag somewhere & leave clues for your son, or, if the room service person at the hotel would be cooperative (i.e., like a Disney CM) you could leave the gift bag with them & have it brought up along with the champagne, and maybe have the room service guy/gal say something to your son, like "Someone that looked JUST like Mickey Mouse (or another character your son likes) just came and asked me to give this package to a ____ (your son's name). Is that you?"

I'm planning to do kind of the same thing for my daughter, except I'm going to ask our waiter at dinner to deliver the package .

Whatever you decide, I hope to read all about it! Have fun:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter