Surprise Christmas trip~ Time to pull out the bucket list ~ Dec 2018 PTR: 12/5 - Changes-13 Sleeps

When we went in 2017, it was surprise also for my 2 girls. We did a scavenger hunt around the house and it took them to a big box full of Disney items for the trip, including "My First Trip to Disney" shirts and that was how we told them; we left later that night. They still talk about that scavenger hunt and constantly tell me next time we surprise them with a trip to Disney to do it that way. :rotfl2: Yeah that won't happen. I'll have to think of another way to tell them. I am loving the Magic bands in the stocking idea. That would be a great idea to tell them.
(BTW I've had to close my laptop twice while writing this post:rotfl:Kids...)

Keep it coming.

My 15 year old said she loves scavenger hunts and would love to have one to find out anything. :rotfl2: So we originally were going to do a scavenger hunt that would lead them to their packed bags in the truck with the magical express tags already on them. With the early morning flights I think the magic bands would be the best idea. :goodvibes

I'm getting excited just reading your plans! We did a Christmas trip surprise, oh my, 15 years ago! I wasn't thinking it was that long ago. We had the kids pack for a trip to see a relative. During the night, I repacked their luggage with Disney stuff such as matching shirts, rain ponchos, water shoes, and shorts. Then hubby put it all in the trunk except one suitcase for toiletries, and those last minute items.
The next morning, when we would be flying out...we had them open a present at the same time. It was tshirts that said, "I'm going to Disney!" "RIGHT NOW". I thought it was fantastic! And Christmas at WDW was everything I hoped for.

Go prepared for crowds, lines, lines, lines, and not-so-magical other people who didn't plan on half the planet squeezing in the park for the holiday and you will love it!

Great job on WW! Inspiring!

We love surprises. And Christmas is my favorite holiday. The relative idea sounds so great!! The only one we have out of state is my step dad and that would give it away. LOL I can not wait for Disney and Christmas at the same time!! I am beyond excited! I've been telling my husband that it is going to be very very very busy and that if there isn't a line for a bathroom we will be stopping because most bathrooms for women at least will have a wait.

Weight watchers has been pretty easy so far. I haven't yet added a work out but I did mow the lawn on Saturday. So I am counting that!

I can't resist sharing this little story with you all... About a half hour ago we were teasing my 15 year old, Emily. We being my 14 year old, Kelsey, and I. A little back story, Emily will watch youtube videos on her phone and be completely absorbed and not hear anything going around her unless you mention certain words.

So Kelsey says: Emily it is almost 3:30 (she was getting picked up by a friend at 3:30)
Emily: (Obviously didn't hear a word she said.)
Kelsey: She always ignores me. Hello--- Emily -- can you hear me?
Emily: (still nothing)
Kelsey: Well I was going to compliment you.
Emily: What?
Kelsey: See I say compliment and she listens. I could be talking about anything.
Me: You just need to mention mirrors or Disney and you'll have her attention.
Kelsey: Yeah, hey Emily, you missed us talking about our surprise trip.
Me: Uh, yeah. (hahaha - fake laughter, suppressed smile) :eek:
Kelsey: Yeah, the trip wasn't canceled. It's a surprise.
Emily: What? Surprise?
Me: (gotta play this off...) Yeah you missed us talking all about the surprise trip. :thumbsup2
Emily: Very funny. That would mean that we are going at Christmas. That's not true. Mom got the booklet with the dates.
Kelsey: We are going at Christmas, see you won't believe me either, just like you don't believe Xander (their younger brother - Alex)

After that Emily tuned us out again. The funny thing about Xander and them not believing him was that he told them over and over and over again we were all going to go to Disney (not just my oldest and me). We were planning the trip as a surprise for them. Xander was 3 or 4 at the time and was around for the planning and tried to tell his sisters what he knew but they didn't believe them. He told them at least 10 times while I was around. It was to the point that when we did the reveal (in Kelsey's birthday card) she thought we were rubbing it in her face that Brittany and I were going to Disney. She was turning 6 I think at that point. For her to bring it up as though it was fact is funny. Although a little concerning that Nana spoiled the surprise for her... She was over on Saturday for a party and it is something that she would possibly do. I am just hopeful that it is a strange ironic conversation. :rotfl:

And as a side note I am totally showing them this post when they know about the trip. :rotfl2:

I'm back. Sorry for not being back when I said I would. I had a life changing event happen a day after my last post. It threw off my whole life and planning has taken a back seat. We were told (myself and all of my fellow Team Leads) that the business needs have changed for our department have changed and all of us (six of us) are being severanced at the end of July. August 2nd is my last day at work. I've been with my company for 13 years and have struggled over the last 5 years with wanting to stay. It is a toxic environment and I had thought I could help change it but the management prevents any change that will help. So although there are four jobs I could apply for and get, I decided that it wouldn't be a good fit. So I have accepted the severance and have decided to follow my dream of publishing a couple books. I have a while to see how it works out. I also was thinking of applying to be a Disney planner with an ear marked company. Because lets face it, I really enjoy planning trips... lol

I know that the above isn't why you all come here, but I had to share. Losing my job made us examine our 'extras' and Disney is an extra. However, everything but our food has been paid for, so we are still going. It will change up how we eat while we are there. But I will set aside the extra money from my severance to pay for it. I know it all sounds a little crazy. And SO much can change before then. We will be going still, the plane tickets are not refundable and our tickets/room are already paid for. It just makes sense in this crazy world.

Due to all of the changes in my life that I had to adjust too, I missed my ADR day. :sad2: So I hopped on the laptop last Saturday and got a few things. I didn't have my plans opened... so I'm sure a few will change. :rolleyes: I just went with instinct and I was really using more emotion to book than normal. The fact that it might be a little bit before we return really means that missing favorites won't be an option.

I was able to book the following:

50s Prime Time - 4:00pm on Dec 19th -- Kids love this place and Eric wants to have Sci-Fi so we are doing this before he arrives.
1900 Park Fare - 10:15am on Dec 20th -- Still planning to do the Christmas party. I had budgeted for it before my life turned upside down.
The Plaza - 12:55pm on Dec 23rd -- Taking a break in the crowds will be needed and it is about the same price as QS really.
Garden Grill - 8:35am on Dec 24th -- May try to change this to a Candlelight processional when they open. But not positive. Either way we will be at the gates at 7:30 so we can get in when they start letting ADRs in.
Sci-Fi Dine in - 12:50pm on Dec 26th
Ohana - 5:30pm on Dec 26th -- This is really way too close to Sci-Fi but it was the only Ohana dinner I could get all week, not sure I'm keeping it.

In addition to the above we will do T-Rex and Yak and Yeti with the landry's card. No ADR needed and no wait (or at least not very long). And I have the reservation finder looking for a Beaches and Cream for Dinner our arrival night and Ohana on the 23rd.

Besides the ADRs I also missed the release of discounts for room only. I still haven't called. I blame it on the stress and anxiety and fear of my future. But I want to try today. If they say POR is cheaper then we might move to POR. I have wanted to stay there for a while too. And we would be able to just take a boat to Disney Springs on our arrival night if we don't get Beaches and Cream for dinner and we will have a ton of choices. Which they would go with Blaze Pizza I'm sure. I might just go with a sundae if it worked out that way.

Eric also told me what he wants for Christmas... it is a Lego set. Voltron. I'm not sure if Disney Springs Lego store would have it. I may just buy him a Lego gift card to open on Christmas Morning, then if they have it he can buy it there and if they don't he can buy it when we get home. We are basically getting the kids Disney gift cards and letting them go shopping in Disney Springs. They have stores for each of them. Kelsey will be in the make up stores and Emily will be in the dress stores. And Xander will do the legos. Brittany will probably be in the pin store to be honest... It will be a unique Christmas with the ability to pick out what they want with the money.

I know now the surprise is going to shock the crap out of all of them. (Well besides Brittany who needs to know for her work.) I've already told them that we can't go in April because I will not have a job. And that I'm not sure when we will be going back. So in that regard it is working out perfect. :rolleyes: :rotfl::lmao: Too bad I had to lose my job for it to be a sure thing... :laughing:

I know that a lot of you will say we are crazy for still going with the future being so unsure. But honestly this whole situation really has just made me realize how unsure the future really is. We need to grab onto the joy with both hands and hold on. I'm looking forward to the Disney time with my family for the holiday. It is going to make it all so much more special. :grouphug:

Well the family is waking up, so I need to go. Have an amazing day everyone!! And grab onto that happiness and hold on tight!!

Hey guys!! It's been about 3 weeks since I posted last. Our Camping trip is completed and the summer is really starting to ramp up. My last day at work is coming up. I can't wait to be able to focus on my book writing. I've wanted to write full time for the longest time. I also applied to plan Disney vacations at a travel agency. Two things I actually love to do, so I'm hopeful. But that's not why you all are here.

tumblr_pbdxshTL2k1xn6433o1_640.jpg

So lets get back to the Christmas Disney trip planning!!

So I called to try to add the discount to our room only. There was none open for CBR. There was availability at POR, but it was more money than what I'm currently paying. So i declined. :(

I figured it just wasn't meant to be.

About 2 weeks later I received a special code in the mail. I think it was linked to an account I don't use much anymore and accidentally logged into a month ago. But under my same name. So I put off calling for about 6 days. It was a mixture of not wanting the kids to know I was planning a trip (and them always being around) and not being sure it would even work for the account my reservation is linked too.

tumblr_nu2iu6bzl11s392ayo4_250.gif

I ended up calling the other day and the Cast Member I was able to talk to was amazing!! She was able to add the discount to our current room (POR didn't have anything open) and it saved us 150.00 on our three night stay! :flower:

tumblr_inline_nq1kukTWNh1rpr0lx_500.gif

Well that savings must have made me feel like that, because I logged into my account yesterday and bought 5 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets for December 20th!! So we are going to that!

I'm excited that we will be doing the party. Which is going to add so much more planning. :goodvibes Being the first time, I really need to plan it. It's great that it's one of the last because I'll be able to read about everyone else going. :hyper:

I also booked the Candle Light Processional package for Christmas Eve. Garden Grill wasn't offered for Breakfast so I did drop that ADR. I'm sad about that. But we are doing Coral Reef, which is a new to us place.

I have actually made more changes than I thought in the last three weeks. It's really shaping up! And we have 150 days until arrival day. It is going to fly by!

I can actually feel your excitement through your posts!!

Read through everything this morning, wow, you've had a lot of ups and downs throughout this process, but I know you're going to have an amazing time!

We made our first holiday time trip as a family in 2016. I never ever thought I'd get to see WDW during the holiday season (we were there the week before Christmas), and now this December will be our third trip at that time of year! (last year DH and I did a NYE trip by ourselves, this year it will be all four of us for NYE - and after this past year I said I would NEVVVVER do Disney on new year's eve ever again...never say never :rotfl2:). I can't wait for you to experience the Disney holiday season - it's beautiful! The Storytellers at Epcot were our favorite. I can't remember after binge reading if you'd planned to visit the resorts to see the decorations - if not, and if you have any spare time, I highly recommend it!

Looking forward to seeing how your plans come together between now and trip time!!

We made our first holiday time trip as a family in 2016. I never ever thought I'd get to see WDW during the holiday season (we were there the week before Christmas), and now this December will be our third trip at that time of year! (last year DH and I did a NYE trip by ourselves, this year it will be all four of us for NYE - and after this past year I said I would NEVVVVER do Disney on new year's eve ever again...never say never :rotfl2:). I can't wait for you to experience the Disney holiday season - it's beautiful! The Storytellers at Epcot were our favorite. I can't remember after binge reading if you'd planned to visit the resorts to see the decorations - if not, and if you have any spare time, I highly recommend it!

I've been dying to go at Christmas time. I expect it will be busy. But really I'm just there for the Christmas stuff. lol I would love a NYE trip too!! That would be amazing!! One of the main things I am looking forward to are the Storytellers in Epcot. I've looked at a few Vlogs and skipped through them so as not to spoil myself too much. But I want to see the UK, France, and Norway for sure. I'm sure that I would enjoy them all though.

And we are going to go around to the resorts during the day before the Christmas party. We have our breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare so I figured we can do The Grand, Contemporary, Poly, boat to Wilderness lodge and either grab a bus to HS and boat over to boardwalk/beach club or grab a bus to AK and get a bus to AKL then get a bus to HS and boat over. Then get the bus back to MK in time for the party. But then if breakfast runs late or buses don't work the main one I really want to see is the Grand so I'd be good with just that one. I know we will have time for all the monorail ones though and probably wilderness lodge. And I'm sure we will have some down time on Christmas even if we do a park.

Hey guys.

Little life update:
It's been a while. I finished up my 45 days of work before my severance kicked in. Lots of emotions have been connected to that. Last Thursday was my last day. So it's been almost a week since I've been done. I've been focusing on finishing my first book. The first couple of days I couldn't write much of anything. And I have a little bit of fear about it. But that just means it's a challenge. I can do this. I did get a rejection letter from the Disney vacation planner site I applied too. Which is okay. Gives me more time to write. I also started doing Piyo two days ago. I can really feel it. Ouch, those are muscles I haven't used in a while. :rotfl:

But on to a little bit of trip planning.

I ordered some light up necklaces for the party and Christmas Eve/Christmas from Amazon. I figured it would save us a bunch of money in the parks. They were 3.99 each on Amazon. Better than the 15.00 or 20.00 they would be because of the mickey shape of them. :rotfl2:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016V1H6GM -- That is the link if it shows up.

If not it is called:
Gloworks Flashing Christmas Bulb Necklace

And I was at the Disney outlet store yesterday and they had some cute mickey pj pants that I thought about buying. I ended up not getting any because Emily was with me. I might go back once school is in session (and I actually have money) to get some for us. If we pair it with an ugly shirt for the party it might be cute. I have found a few things on Amazon that are just basic plaid pj bottoms that might work with a ugly shirt.

Speaking of the Christmas Party I was really looking into it from last year information and I think that we are going to really focus on shows. We are a family that loves shows just as much as rides. But missing Voice Play (who happens to be one of my favorite groups) or some of the other shows would be sad. I'm not a huge parade person. I can't decided if we are doing the parade for sure on the party night or saving it for when Eric is with us during Christmas week... We will do the Holiday wishes for sure!! I feel like this would be so much easier planning with the kids but then I think of how happy and surprised they will be...

For those of you that have done the Christmas Party what is your favorite part?

Hello! I’m sorry to hear about losing your job. I’m very glad to hear you are trying to turn into positives. Getting that discount on a resort is great! We’ve had to tighten our belts with having so much home repairs that was needed (almost 7K which makes me want to cry!) so we had to change dates around, decide to drive our own car instead of flying (we didn’t buy our flight tickets yet), bring some food along, etc etc. sometimes, you just need that Disney trip and gotta do what you can to make it happen. I can’t wait to keep reading updates for your trip! I’ve only been once (last year) and can’t comment about Christmas party but I do know we want to do one for sure!

Hello! I’m sorry to hear about losing your job. I’m very glad to hear you are trying to turn into positives.
:hug: Thanks it has been a big adjustment for me. Strange not to be driving any where for work each day. It is a bit hard to get anything done when the kids are home and my husband is home though. None of them seem to realize that when they come talk to me for that minute or second that my concentration is broken and I have to try to refocus. :rotfl:

Getting that discount on a resort is great!

It is amazing!! I'm excited about the discount. However it is making me think other thoughts... which I'll cover in the next update.

We’ve had to tighten our belts with having so much home repairs that was needed (almost 7K which makes me want to cry!) so we had to change dates around, decide to drive our own car instead of flying (we didn’t buy our flight tickets yet), bring some food along, etc etc. sometimes, you just need that Disney trip and gotta do what you can to make it happen.

:eek: I would probably cry. We had some car repairs that were just over 400.00, and i thought I was going to cry. eek!! But I'm so happy you get to go still. We would be driving as well if our plane tickets hadn't been bought and paid for. I think that we are going to do some Amazon pantry for the SSR part of our trip. I can buy some breakfast foods that my kids will eat and save some money that way. Even though breakfast is one of the cheapest. I am also bringing a few snacks in my suitcase if I can fit them... :bitelip: And you definitely just need the Disney trip sometimes.

I can’t wait to keep reading updates for your trip! I’ve only been once (last year) and can’t comment about Christmas party but I do know we want to do one for sure!

I'm so excited for the Christmas party!! I can't wait. I was watching a few youtube videos about it to see how people toured/what they got done. The fact that DVC announced that if you are DVC going to the Halloween party you can get in by 2 is making me hopeful that we will be able to get in early for the Christmas party.

It's been a few weeks. Time flies when you don't have a job... 120 days until arrival day! That is a little less than 4 months. And only 60 days before Fast passes!!!
tumblr_njfpcfaidB1sian8vo2_500.gif

But that means that I only have 60 days to get some sort of plan in place for our park days.

So arrival day, no park planned. That is the strangest thing for me to type. But I honestly am not planning a park that day. Which is weird because we ALWAYS do a park on arrival day. The kids are going to expect a park that day. But I didn't want to wear them out so fast. :rotfl:

So no FP needed on Tuesday, December 18th -- That does not mean that we will not get bored and decided to head to a park.

tumblr_pc4mg6GPUU1srpe94o1_1280.jpg

Wednesday, December 19th -- Hollywood studios is the park of the day --

FPs -
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Alien Saucers

I think I am going to stick with the Saucers in place of Slinky Dog because I've heard that they get less people on per hour, and we can always wait for Slinky Dog, or get a return time with the guest assistance pass, it depends on how warm it is or how strong the sun feels. Having a sun allergy in Florida is tricky. I used to deal with the pain and didn't realize that there was something that would help me not wait in lines that are in the heat/sun. A CM mentioned it to me when they saw how broken out I was with those hives. So thank you CM you have saved our Disney trips, I still will never go in the summer, but it really helps. But back to trip planning... We also do not mind the wait for TSMM, so we will wait for that one. Not a big deal being in the air and no sun. :goodvibes

Even with our FP's and waiting for some rides I really do not think that we will 'really' spend all day here. I think that we will try to do Fantasmic this evening though so we will stretch it out with the different shows. Like Beauty and the Beast :lovestruc I have to watch that one a few times each trip. :rolleyes:

tumblr_ozqquqmNRy1uhmnqzo1_1280.jpg

Thursday, December 20th -- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

FP's -
Buzz Lightyear

Space Mountain
Seven Dwarfs

Of course all of those are up for changing. We could also head towards adventure land, and do Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Big Thunder, or just head towards Fantasy land and do Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, and Seven Dwarfs. I lean towards Tomorrow land because we seem to ALWAYS ride Buzz first when we get to MK. After the party starts we will probably focus on shows/characters/dance party/snacks, so not sure how many rides we will do after it starts.

tumblr_pd9e4reYcV1rxp1xbo1_1280.jpg

Friday, December 21st -- Epcot!

FP's -
Soarin
Mission Space (is that 2nd tier?)
Nemo/Figment

So, Friday is going to be a little different. Eric arrives this day and our FP's will be for 4pm and later, so we probably won't need some of them. And we may not do any of them if we are in the World Showcase. It is our check out day for our first resort so we will have a late start to the park this day either way. That and we will be sleeping in due to the party the night before. If we arrive to Epcot at 11am we will just go to the World showcase so we can do that for a few hours before Eric arrives. I want to avoid some of the Storytellers until he is with us though. Epcot is his favorite park so doing things without him is a big no. :rolleyes1:rotfl: Not that he would say anything, he would just sulk. :lmao:

We will have a great day either way. The kids may or may not think we are leaving this day. We haven't decided yet. Eric really wants to surprise them at the park. So, they will not know he is coming, even if they think we are staying. I am leaning towards them thinking we are leaving but then Kelsey may have a mini melt down that could last the rest of the trip if she realizes she will miss more practice. Of course that melt down could happen when we first leave. :confused3 Maybe she will have out grown it. :rolleyes:

tumblr_pde2d6ThsM1tobp0ro1_1280.jpg

Saturday, December 22nd -- Animal Kingdom

FP's -
FOP - The only must
Everest
Safari
or anything else

Animal Kingdom is always such a laid back park for us that FOP is the only must do. We want to see the new land and explore old favorites. But I expect it will be an all day park for sure. Not sure if we will do the night time show again though. We liked it but didn't love it last time.

tumblr_pd9bqmhzxS1qmo60w_1280.jpg

Sunday, December 23rd -- Magic Kingdom

FP's -
Peter Pan
Big Thunder
Pirates

I've never been during this really busy time so I'm not sure what we can accomplish. I do know that we will try to be there at park opening which may be 7am by this point. That will be rough. But then we can leave and come back later mid day or go do a different park in the evening. Probably come back for the fireworks/dessert party. I still need to book that but my husband is ALL for spending that money if we don't have to wait forever for a good spot to watch the fireworks. It is the part of MK that he hates. And if they are doing the new firework show that night then I will definitely want to watch them. We left the day before the new one came out last time. Which was great for seeing Wishes one last time but we still haven't watched the new show.

tumblr_oi7x2vGISG1u501aoo1_400.gif

Monday, December 24th -- EPCOT

FP's -
Test Track
And what ever rides we didn't do the last Epcot day

This day is really about the World Showcase and seeing everything it has to offer for the holiday's. We also have our Candlelight processional this day. And we will be staying for Illuminations as well if we did not see it on Friday (I doubt we will since Eric is coming off of midnights and will have only had 2.5 hours of sleep). We are going to really take in all the festive stuff for Christmas Eve. I think I'm most excited for this day.

tumblr_oi7x2vGISG1u501aoo2_400.gif

Tuesday, December 25th -- Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios

FP's -
Slinky Dog/Alien Saucers
Tower of Terror
Star Tours

You may see a pattern with our Hollywood studio picks. It's because of the tiers. It messes up everything. But we want to start at MK at then get out when it get's busy. I don't know how this morning will really work. I think that those of us that want to do MK will wake up early and go (Spoiler it will probably be -- Brittany, Emily, and myself). And those that do not will stay behind and sleep. Then we will come back to the room and do presents and have a Christmas Brunch in the room. I am thinking about adding the Dessert party for Jingle Bell Jingle Jam for this evening. I think that it would be a nice way to end Christmas Day at Disney.

Wednesday, December 26th -- Hollywood Studios/other parks

FP's -
Whatever I don't get the other days :rotfl2:

This is our last full day. Which means we will start in one park Hollywood Studios because we have an ADR for lunch and then hop to a different one (or two). Maybe add in some DTD. But I'm sure we will have had some DTD time on other days being right next to it. Not sure it will need to be planned.

Thursday, December 27th -- Park hopping

FP's -
Early ones for MK --
Buzz
Space
Pirates

Usually on our last day at Disney we do the must do stuff that we didn't do before. With it being the busiest week of the year... that may not work out. LOL We do have until around 3pm before needing to be back to the resort to wait for Magical express to take us back to the airport. So start out as early as we can at MK. Then hop to Epcot for a last ride on Figment. :laughing: Then go to HS and see a show or something small.. if we could get a FP we would ride something. Then AK if we make it there something simple. Sometimes we don't make it back to one of the parks. It's because we get distracted at the other parks. And all of this could change if something at MK catches our attention.

I feel like that is very loose planning for now. It's a good start. Still have to do more. And once the kids go back to school I need to call and get the dessert party added on for MK because the web won't work for me. And I may inquire about changing our resort for our first three nights. I usually change resorts a lot, but this time I haven't so I may just stick with the resort we don't know. Depends on the discount for the other one. :goodvibes I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks it has been a big adjustment for me. Strange not to be driving any where for work each day. It is a bit hard to get anything done when the kids are home and my husband is home though. None of them seem to realize that when they come talk to me for that minute or second that my concentration is broken and I have to try to refocus. :rotfl:

Yes yes yes! I feel like I can’t get anything done when my husband is home! He just adds more stuff that needs to be done to my list. I just want to say “hey buddy. Go do the stuff you have on YOUR list!” :rotfl:also, I like to veg and catch up on our shows with him which makes it harder to keep the house clean!

think that we are going to do some Amazon pantry for the SSR part of our trip. I can buy some breakfast foods that my kids will eat and save some money that way. Even though breakfast is one of the cheapest. I am also bringing a few snacks in my suitcase if I can fit them... :bitelip: And you definitely just need the Disney trip sometimes.

Amazon is great for snacks so you can save money on the same stuff that’s overpriced! We are gonna use amazon for my husband’s monster drinks and my starbucks energy drinks (I don’t have the patience to wait in those long lines. I waited once and it was literally an hour so I swore never again!) plus candy like lollipops for waiting in line, cotton candy because I don’t want to spend $5 a bag at Disney!

Yes yes yes! I feel like I can’t get anything done when my husband is home! He just adds more stuff that needs to be done to my list. I just want to say “hey buddy. Go do the stuff you have on YOUR list!” :rotfl:also, I like to veg and catch up on our shows with him which makes it harder to keep the house clean!
This is me! LOL We will catch up on TV together and then i don't get anything done.
Amazon is great for snacks so you can save money on the same stuff that’s overpriced! We are gonna use amazon for my husband’s monster drinks and my starbucks energy drinks (I don’t have the patience to wait in those long lines. I waited once and it was literally an hour so I swore never again!) plus candy like lollipops for waiting in line, cotton candy because I don’t want to spend $5 a bag at Disney!
I like the idea of cotton candy. My kids will eat those. And Gatorade is a must for my family, besides the normal water. I think we will probably get cheese itz because my kids will buy those over priced or not and then inhale them.

Errr, so there is this really important part of planning and I just sort of ignored it...

It is called...

Wait for it...

Park hours!!! AND EMH hours!!

How in the world did I just ignore that whole part?

tumblr_opsoynyH2C1w4o831o1_540.gif

I was almost asleep the other night and started thinking about the trip... because what else is my brain going to do when I'm almost asleep? Yeah... Anyone else with that problem? No? Just me?

So, anyway, that had made me start looking at the calendar's. And I know that during Christmas week they change them daily. I'm good with that. But when you are going to Disney when they say the parks are 'Insane' then park choice matters. Right?

Yeah.

So yesterday I started to find last year park hours to give me an idea and then decided to look at this years crowd calendar recommendations. Thanks Kenny!! lol

Our first Park day is Wednesday the 18th. We have HS planned right now. But it is an 'yellow' park due to morning EMH. Which means that we WILL start there but I can promise that we will move to a different park. Now we could make it a 'really' full day and do HS until our ADR at 4pm... but that isn't likely. Which means I need to search for a lunch time ADR for 50s OR something in Epcot for lunch.

Then we would hop over to Epcot for lunch and hang out there for a bit before hopping to MK for the busy EMH for the night. If we make it all day that would be amazing and then we would sleep in the next morning. I am thinking of canceling our ADR for 1900 park fare. Or making a late ADR some where else. Not sure. But if we don't get back to the room until midnight I'm not sure we would make a 10am at 1900 Park Fare. Well unless we take lyft or uber or something.

Our Friday park is perfect. Recommended for Epcot. Then I 'was' planning AK for Saturday but it is the 'worse' park that day due to EMH. So, I am thinking of doing HS on Saturday and AK on Sunday. MK on Sunday is also not recommended. Which means I need to figure out what day will be our MK day. Unless we just do the heavy crowds and deal with it. I haven't booked the dessert party yet. I'll need to figure it out before then.

Epcot on Monday is staying. And I am pretty sure that Christmas day will be those of us that want to opening MK and then heading back to the room around 10 or 11 for brunch. Then heading out to a different park. Need to nail down that park 100% before FP day. The 26th may end up being the MK day. But I'm not positive yet.

Fingers crossed some of my new ADRs come through. I'll need a new one for MK if we don't do Sunday and a couple new ones for HS days.

Fun.

It has been lovely reading your pre trip report. You are doing so well keeping it a surprise from the kids.
We have just booked from 12/24 to 1/4. I have HS planned for Christmas Day too, so see you there with a few other thousand people...
Can I just ask, the bit where you said you don't need an illuminations fast pass as it is included with the candlelight processional, does it say that somewhere and I've just missed in the sheer volume of stuff I've read in the last week since deciding to go?

It has been lovely reading your pre trip report. You are doing so well keeping it a surprise from the kids.
We have just booked from 12/24 to 1/4. I have HS planned for Christmas Day too, so see you there with a few other thousand people...
Can I just ask, the bit where you said you don't need an illuminations fast pass as it is included with the candlelight processional, does it say that somewhere and I've just missed in the sheer volume of stuff I've read in the last week since deciding to go?

Thanks for reading along!! I just got Touring Plans and HS is a 10 on Christmas Day with the other parks being 8's or 9's. LOL My planning for this trip has been pretty off, compared to my normal planning.

And they actually changed having the FP included for Illuminations with the Candlelight processional. So, it is no longer included. Bummer. :sad1: I've been debating adding on the dessert party but I am not sure what time it would start if Illuminations is at 10:30. Probably 9:00pm. I think that I am leaning more towards adding on the early park time for Toy Story Land for the same price on our other HS day.

Thanks for reading along!! I just got Touring Plans and HS is a 10 on Christmas Day with the other parks being 8's or 9's. LOL My planning for this trip has been pretty off, compared to my normal planning.

And they actually changed having the FP included for Illuminations with the Candlelight processional. So, it is no longer included. Bummer. :sad1: I've been debating adding on the dessert party but I am not sure what time it would start if Illuminations is at 10:30. Probably 9:00pm. I think that I am leaning more towards adding on the early park time for Toy Story Land for the same price on our other HS day.

Weird I just signed up for Touring Plans and noticed that earlier too. I think we will stick with HS though as we have Mama Melrose booked at 12 and will leave after that.

I'd go for the early park time at HS too rather than the Epcot Dessert Party.

Christmas certainly is a whole new world of planning...

Weird I just signed up for Touring Plans and noticed that earlier too. I think we will stick with HS though as we have Mama Melrose booked at 12 and will leave after that.

I'd go for the early park time at HS too rather than the Epcot Dessert Party.

Christmas certainly is a whole new world of planning...

Christmas is completely different!! It is pretty crazy.

I'm pretty sure that some of my family will wake up early on Christmas and go to MK for a few hours and then go back to the resort to eat and then go for FP's at HS. It's crazy that it is going to be considered the heaviest crowds at HS though.

I am leaning towards the early park time at Toy Story for our first day there. I think it would be worth it during that time and then we could be basically done with HS early and head to a different park. I made an lunch ADR at Epcot that I am excited for.

Christmas is completely different!! It is pretty crazy.

I'm pretty sure that some of my family will wake up early on Christmas and go to MK for a few hours and then go back to the resort to eat and then go for FP's at HS. It's crazy that it is going to be considered the heaviest crowds at HS though.

I am leaning towards the early park time at Toy Story for our first day there. I think it would be worth it during that time and then we could be basically done with HS early and head to a different park. I made an lunch ADR at Epcot that I am excited for.
It truly is crazy. I won’t go near Mk on the 4th of July yet I think it’s a good idea to go in for photos at 7am and make a hasty exit 30 minutes later.

Your plan for toy story land sounds good. I suppose once we get to FP day things will become clearer. I’m hoping I can get 1 out of the 3 in the morning and I’m not fussy which one. We have another 10 days after that and if not we are back in July.

We are planning on heading to Epcot after our lunch for a stroll through (lol) to get the monorail back to the contemporary.

Have you tried doing an optimised touring plan thing for Christmas Day, it’s fun to see the short waits they are predicting for the toy story things without fastpass on a day that is a 10!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!