Survey on DCL website

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
I was finally selected to complete a survey today. Most times, once I get to my zip code information, they thank me and say "thank you, but you're not part of the demographic we're looking for".

Anyway several questions about wifi - is it important to me? Would I like free wifi? Am I willing to pay for wifi? Pay by usage/daily/data/whatever.

Also asked about what cruises I've taken, would I recommend DCL to others, and what cruises I would be doing in the future.

I got one of these and I haven't cruised yet. I had a lot of questions about how helpful the Disney website was in helping me to plan activities, excursions, etc. I was honest... the best info comes from the DIS boards!

Well, I wonder what they do with all that info. Is someone working on a project to change something or are they just collecting it in case they need to compare past data with present data when they finally decide to change something?

Well, I wonder what they do with all that info. Is someone working on a project to change something or are they just collecting it in case they need to compare past data with present data when they finally decide to change something?
I think they just put the info away somewhere to pull out when they start thinking about what things work/don't work on the ships/website.

I have done that wifi survey, I was really hoping it would turn into them making packages more reasonable( or even include it) for everyone. I mean after all, wifi is like a telephone line these days, its not like 15 years ago when it was harder to get, IMO anyway.

I have done that wifi survey, I was really hoping it would turn into them making packages more reasonable( or even include it) for everyone. I mean after all, wifi is like a telephone line these days, its not like 15 years ago when it was harder to get, IMO anyway.

Shippernet is still a challenge because you are a moving target nowhere near any towers. No matter what RCCL wants you to believe with their VOOM or whatever they call it.

With surveys comes change...time for the web site to get a makeover? I am finally used to it. "Improving" the site does not always mean better.
As for the internet, it would be handy if it was free, but I like to get away from reality for a week or two...if you need a small dose, take your family.

With surveys comes change...time for the web site to get a makeover? I am finally used to it. "Improving" the site does not always mean better.
As for the internet, it would be handy if it was free, but I like to get away from reality for a week or two...if you need a small dose, take your family.

I agree, we disconnect the only reason I would want some internet is to check in at home, especially on the longer cruises.

I received email surveys after both of our last two cruises. Don't remember getting them at home after any of our other cruises, beyond the ship's comment card. I really think that with 3 new ships coming out in the near future that they are trying to get a feel for what their guests most want in a cruise experience. As well as the question, "what is the likelihood of your cruising in the next 5 years and beyond".

I got the survey, too. They were asking about wifi. Here's one of the questions:

upload_2017-8-17_22-2-59.png

It would be nice if there were other options than what they have now.

I like to be in touch with friends, so I buy some time. On Princess, we have enough status to get enough for my purpose. I wish Disney did more for their frequent cruisers.

NO a thousand times NO. I do not want to be connected when I'm on vacation. This is part of the reason I loved the cruise. I'm online too much as it is in real life. I don't want to talk to anyone on the phone and I sure as heck don't want to check email on vacation.

I think they just put the info away somewhere to pull out when they start thinking about what things work/don't work on the ships/website.

After doing many surveys over the years I am pretty sure they pull certain statistics for validation of decisions they have made.

Executive: "see i told you that people like paying more for wifi, the latest survey shows that 52% of customers in 90210 zip code don't mind paying"

I like Carnivals unlimited plan that would have been my choice. I can't unplug from life at home when I'm on vacation. I hope DCL will come up with something similar to Carnival.

Yeah, no wi-fi for me, either, thanks. If it were not for the chat and Navigator features of the DCL app, I would put my iPhone in the safe and leave it there all week.

Last time that's exactly what I did. I'm SO disappointed that the Navigator needs the phone out now. I don't want to have to carry around anything but my KTTW card.

Last time that's exactly what I did. I'm SO disappointed that the Navigator needs the phone out now. I don't want to have to carry around anything but my KTTW card.

I thought you could still pick up hard-copy Navigators at GS upon request?

I will miss the splashy front page, but the rest? Meh.

I have poor eyesight. Paper is far easier for me to read than my phone. I'm not looking forward to squinting at my phone multiple times a day or asking my children to read it out to me (which is probably what will end up happening).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter