SW Orlando vs. SW San Antonio

tiberius

DIS Veteran
For those who have been to both Sea World Orlando and Sea World San Antonio:

I go to Sea World San Antonio about twice a year. Is Sea World Orlando similar enough that I should bypass it, or should I consider spending a day there?

I just returned from Texas and visited SW/SA while there. We bought the fun card, so we were there for parts of 3 different days.

It's hard for me to answer your question. Both Sea Worlds are pretty similar (particularly the marine life shows, and Pet Tales has just been added at SA), but I found that I do prefer the one in Orlando. That said, I'm not sure I would pay the cost of admission if I were you and were already going to the one in SA.

We really enjoy the Sharks exhibit at Orlando. You actually go through a plexiglass tunnel with sharks swimming all around you.

On the other hand, SA has more roller coasters.

We enjoyed the new Haunted Lighthouse show at SA, but the motion simulator show (Polar something) is very good at Orl.

Shamu's Happy Harbor is much larger in Orl. None of the water things in the playground were working any of the days that we were in SA.

While SA has the waterpark area, the wave pool rarely made a wave while we were there, and some of the other stuff wasn't operational.

Sorry if I'm not much help!

Thanks sbclifton,

I appreciate your general overview. SW San Antonio haas been great fun for us, but I think we will be passing on the Orlando location unless there is a single big reason to go there.

I would probably do the same thing in your situation. Another thing that I left off was that admission prices are higher for SW/O (but that price generally includes a second day free). There are a lot of discounts that help with the price (including pre-purchasing your ticket online and printing it off on your home printer). They also have the Fun Card (but I think it's higher than SA's).

We thought the $39.95 that we paid for the Fun Card in SA was a very good value. The last time we were in Orlando (2 years ago), they only had 2 rides - a roller coaster and a combination roller coaster/water type ride (not counting the motion simulater attraction which is much more extravagant and elaborate than the little machine we saw at SA - you couldn't compare the two as the same thing). As you know, there are 4 rides at SA (not counting the little motion simulator machine).

I hate to be responsible for "talking you out of" SW/O, because we love it, but I know how careful you (or at least we) have to be with money while on vacation.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the information, but don't worry about "talking you out of" Sea World Orlando. It was already on the edge of maybe before I even asked the question here. Whether or not we go to SWO, it is a low priority; but I wanted to make sure it was not so much better that it would be definitely worth it.

I have a feeling my DDs would rather spend non-Disney time at US/IOA and shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter