Swan and Dolphin Ceremony, Disney Reception?

MB_Ellie

Mouseketeer
We are planning a wedding for about 40-50 people, and my fiancé and I were considering working with Just Marry at the Swan and Dolphin for the ceremony and then working with Disney Celebrations and Events to set up a fireworks dinner in Epcot.

Any thoughts on this idea or on any other options we should explore? I would love to do the DFTW wishes package, but I think the price is going to be too much for so many guests. We wanted to include fireworks since my fiancé proposed during Illuminations though we are aware that the show will change after September.

If you work with Disney Meetings & Events, there are now two sets of minimum expenditures AND you will not be allowed to wear bridal attire inside the park for the party. They also won't let you get a wedding cake or have a DJ (who couldn't start til after the park closed anyway). This post explains how to plan through Disney Meetings & Events: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Have you done any calculations to see if you really can't afford a Wishes event? If you have my guide, the self-calculating budget worksheet will show you exact costs, including how much tax and service charge will be added on. I also have this episode of the podcast that's all about how to have a Wishes event for the minimum expenditure: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/stick-to-wishes-minimums/

If you work with Disney Meetings & Events, there are now two sets of minimum expenditures AND you will not be allowed to wear bridal attire inside the park for the party. They also won't let you get a wedding cake or have a DJ (who couldn't start til after the park closed anyway). This post explains how to plan through Disney Meetings & Events: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Have you done any calculations to see if you really can't afford a Wishes event? If you have my guide, the self-calculating budget worksheet will show you exact costs, including how much tax and service charge will be added on. I also have this episode of the podcast that's all about how to have a Wishes event for the minimum expenditure: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/stick-to-wishes-minimums/

Thanks so much, lurkyloo! I did read your post on planning through Disney Meetings & Events but must’ve missed the part about no wedding cakes allowed. We actually weren’t looking to have a DJ, and I don’t mind not wearing wedding attire, but bummer about the cake part.

I have done calculations on Wishes based on venue fee, food and beverage minimum, and minimum enhancements, and it ends up being on the upper range of what we are hoping to spend. I’ll be sure to checkout your podcast later though. Really appreciate your input!

Thanks so much, lurkyloo! I did read your post on planning through Disney Meetings & Events but must’ve missed the part about no wedding cakes allowed. We actually weren’t looking to have a DJ, and I don’t mind not wearing wedding attire, but bummer about the cake part.

I have done calculations on Wishes based on venue fee, food and beverage minimum, and minimum enhancements, and it ends up being on the upper range of what we are hoping to spend. I’ll be sure to checkout your podcast later though. Really appreciate your input!

I've seen podcast episodes where couples have their ceremony somewhere else and then do the wishes reception. Not sure if you calculated estimated costs with that scenario, but it could save you a couple thousand of dollars as I remember brides saying that ceremony fees elsewhere were significantly less than the fees at Disney.

I've seen podcast episodes where couples have their ceremony somewhere else and then do the wishes reception. Not sure if you calculated estimated costs with that scenario, but it could save you a couple thousand of dollars as I remember brides saying that ceremony fees elsewhere were significantly less than the fees at Disney.

Thanks, Brittany! Yes, that’s what I’m trying to do by mixing in a ceremony at the Swan and Dolphin. So far, my calculations are showing that as the more economical option, but I’m still filling in the details as I get more info from Disney and Just Marry. I’ll keep you and lurkyloo posted on how this all pans out!

We are planning a wedding for about 40-50 people, and my fiancé and I were considering working with Just Marry at the Swan and Dolphin for the ceremony and then working with Disney Celebrations and Events to set up a fireworks dinner in Epcot.

Any thoughts on this idea or on any other options we should explore? I would love to do the DFTW wishes package, but I think the price is going to be too much for so many guests. We wanted to include fireworks since my fiancé proposed during Illuminations though we are aware that the show will change after September.

We had an amazing Swan wedding back in 2011 with 60 guests and it was perfect!!! I don't regret going with them over using DFTW. We had a cocktail hour in the swan fountain courtyard and a reception in one of the Swan ballrooms. We also used WDW for a variety of events & services, including Mickey and Minnie showing up for our reception (so fun!) & we had an Epcot Illuminations Fireworks party the night before our wedding. It was amazing!!!

We had an amazing Swan wedding back in 2011 with 60 guests and it was perfect!!! I don't regret going with them over using DFTW. We had a cocktail hour in the swan fountain courtyard and a reception in one of the Swan ballrooms. We also used WDW for a variety of events & services, including Mickey and Minnie showing up for our reception (so fun!) & we had an Epcot Illuminations Fireworks party the night before our wedding. It was amazing!!!

That sounds like so much fun! Glad to hear that mixing events from Swan and Dolphin and Disney worked out well. I think our latest plan is to do a morning ceremony at Crescent Terrace, brunch at Il Mulino, and then a dessert party at whatever the new fireworks show will be in 2020.

That sounds like so much fun! Glad to hear that mixing events from Swan and Dolphin and Disney worked out well. I think our latest plan is to do a morning ceremony at Crescent Terrace, brunch at Il Mulino, and then a dessert party at whatever the new fireworks show will be in 2020.

Congratulations!!!!! :) We did a morning ceremony at Crescent Terrace as well!! 10:30 I think. It was so beautiful & not so many onlookers, which was nice. We got married in December, and the hotel and area holiday decor was so pretty :)

Just a tip-be sure to book your dessert party as soon as possible-the venues book up very quickly!!!

One of the best things about Swan weddings is they are super flexible with vendors and customizations.

Congratulations!!!!! :) We did a morning ceremony at Crescent Terrace as well!! 10:30 I think. It was so beautiful & not so many onlookers, which was nice. We got married in December, and the hotel and area holiday decor was so pretty :)

Just a tip-be sure to book your dessert party as soon as possible-the venues book up very quickly!!!

One of the best things about Swan weddings is they are super flexible with vendors and customizations.

Thanks! We are so excited🙂

Love hearing that the Swan and Dolphin is so flexible.

I appreciate the tip about the fireworks. We are about 15 months out from our desired date. How early did you have to book the party? I already tried reaching out to Disney Meetings & Events about pricing and am waiting for info.

Thanks! We are so excited🙂

Love hearing that the Swan and Dolphin is so flexible.

I appreciate the tip about the fireworks. We are about 15 months out from our desired date. How early did you have to book the party? I already tried reaching out to Disney Meetings & Events about pricing and am waiting for info.

Hmm.....it was 9 years ago, so I worry about giving you information that is still true now, but I believe we booked 12 months out. You should ask Disney when they call you back how soon you can put the deposit down and put it down as soon as they tell you the earliest date. They cannot guarantee the exact venue/location at Epcot you want. They will give you whatever is available that matches your guest size. We ended up with France Lower Terrace. It wasn't the one we originally asked for, but it served to be a great site!

Ah, okay. No worries! I appreciate the insights you shared. I actually love the France lower terrace since it’s near where we got engaged but think we will be happy in most places around the World Showcase. 🙂

On a separate note, lurkyloo, I’m really enjoying your podcasts! So much food for thought on both Wishes and Swan and Dolphin. I think my biggest challenge is that the current guest list is at 50 people, so that’s what’s pushing the budget unfortunately. Lots of family I can’t exclude!

Ah, okay. No worries! I appreciate the insights you shared. I actually love the France lower terrace since it’s near where we got engaged but think we will be happy in most places around the World Showcase. 🙂

On a separate note, lurkyloo, I’m really enjoying your podcasts! So much food for thought on both Wishes and Swan and Dolphin. I think my biggest challenge is that the current guest list is at 50 people, so that’s what’s pushing the budget unfortunately. Lots of family I can’t exclude!

I'm so glad you're finding the show helpful. Inviting 50 people doesn't mean you'll actually get 50 people, though. I mean, unless all your guests live in Orlando, maybe. There are lots of different factors that can influence how many people will actually show up. If you live on the East Coast and/or one of your families owns DVC/makes regular trips to WDW, then you can expect more guests. But if your families are scattered around and/or not Disney fans, that can lower the number.

I'm so glad you're finding the show helpful. Inviting 50 people doesn't mean you'll actually get 50 people, though. I mean, unless all your guests live in Orlando, maybe. There are lots of different factors that can influence how many people will actually show up. If you live on the East Coast and/or one of your families owns DVC/makes regular trips to WDW, then you can expect more guests. But if your families are scattered around and/or not Disney fans, that can lower the number.

Haha, you just described my family: East Coast, frequent WDW visitors, or DVC members! Let’s see about my fiancé’s family though. I think they are still a big question mark, so yes, we may not have 50 guests attend in the end.

Okay, to circle back to this thread, we ended up getting penciled in for a Wishes wedding! 😬

If we are really good about sticking to the minimums and saving leading up to the wedding, we can make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!