Swan/Dolphin and Dining plan?

emer95

DIS Veteran
Hi- this may be a stupid question, but I've tried searching all over and I can't find the answer. Can you get the Dining Plan if staying at the Swan or Dolphin? I'm a teacher so I wanted to get the reduced rate, but I'd love to have the Dining Plan also. I'm very confused about whether or not the Swan/Dolphin are "official" Disney hotels. They're on the resort boards, and they say they include EMH's, but no mention of Dining Plan- help!
Thanks so much!

Although, they are grandfathered for the EMH they are not official Disney resorts.

Actually, they're not "grandfathered" for the EMH. Rather, the Swolphin pays Disney a fee so its guests can participate in EMH.

emer95 said:
Hi- this may be a stupid question, but I've tried searching all over and I can't find the answer. Can you get the Dining Plan if staying at the Swan or Dolphin? I'm a teacher so I wanted to get the reduced rate, but I'd love to have the Dining Plan also. I'm very confused about whether or not the Swan/Dolphin are "official" Disney hotels. They're on the resort boards, and they say they include EMH's, but no mention of Dining Plan- help!
Thanks so much!

hi :wave:

we are going on the teacher rate too...and no they are not on the DP...HOWEVER...you can charge the meals at the Swan or Dolphin on your room key at least...plus any goodies at the pool snack bar or anywhere on the S/D property...
It would be a dream come true to get a deluxe, at 129 PLUS a dining plan...that would be truely MAGICAL!! :rotfl:

I do think that at 129 a night for these hotels is enough savings that the meals will not be hard to do...KWIM??

That is what I am hoping for anyway...

we went on free dining last year...having a hard time fitting food into our budget this time! YIKES :eek:

Darn! Oh well, I really appreciate all of the help. It really would be too good to be true.

Mom of MNM- you have a beautiful family!

emer95 said:
Darn! Oh well, I really appreciate all of the help. It really would be too good to be true.

Mom of MNM- you have a beautiful family!

thanks!!

I hope you have a wnderful time!!

btw I have budgeted 100 dollars a day for our food...at this price I figure we can have only 2 TS meals the entire week...

even at 100 a day it is going to be tight...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!