Day Five: Evening in Hollywood Studios

We headed to the boat dock around 6:00 PM.
On the Boat Dock

On the Boat to Hollywood Studios by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

And we were at Hollywood Studios around 6:30. So, we must of had some good timing with the boat.
Hollywood Studios

We headed to Toy Storyland first. We were watching the wait time for slinky dog and it was all over the place, but it was high when we got there. So, we hopped in line for Alien Swirling Sauciers standby.
Toy Story Land

We waited only 15 minutes at this point in the night and were on in no time.
Alien Swirling Saucers

Alien SS
Alien's is a fun ride and 15 minutes is an acceptable time to wait for it.

When we got off the ride, Slinky was still fairly high, so we gave up on that. We were about to head over towards Tower of Terror when I got an alert that ToT went down. I suggested we use it for Toy Story Mania since we were right here.

Mr. Potatoe Head
Everyone thought that was a good idea, so we headed over. When we went to scan our bands, they didn't register the anytime fast pass. It was 6:53 and technically our fasstpass for ToT wasn't even 7:00 yet. I told the CM that we literally just got the alert. And the CM said, “Say no More!” Punched a few things and let us in. I was going to show him the email but he didn't even need that.

So, off we went!
Toy Story Mania Wild Card
I made Gwen stand in front of my favorite card in Uno. She said this was her face when I use it on her.

At this point, they STILL had the fire curtain issue.
Dreaded Fire Curtain

XXXXX

We were very happy with our use of our anytime fast pass! BUT, as we went through the que, I said to Andy I wasn’t sure if we actually used the anytime fast passes and that we might still have them. They were still showing up in the app.

We were ready to go just a little after 7:00
Toy Story Mania

Untitled
These were Andy and my scores. I think Andy's is higher one, but I don't really know. I think it was the next trip where Morgan and I figured out some of the "tricks" to finally beat him.

We checked out ride time again for Slinky after but it was still too high.

Andy wanted to check out the “exclusive” Star Wars Merch. So, we headed down to the Muppets store. He wasn’t impressed with any of it. But Morgan found pins she wanted, so it wasn't a complete waste. BUT it was HOT in that store. And I think the heat, tiredness and getting over whatever I had the day before. I needed out of there quickly! So, Gwen and I went to use the bathroom while Andy and Morgan checked out.

I said we could try and use the anytime fast pass on Rock n’ Rollercoaster, as they were still showing up in my app. Cause what a better thing to do when you are feeling meh!

As we walked over we grabbed a Water from Anahiem Produce on the way over as we were all very thirsty. We gussled the whole thing before even riding. And probably needed 2 bottles.

I held my breathe while we scanned our bands at the fast pass line and they WORKED! We made out way to the front of the que for ride in no time. And then we had to wait a bit, they were having techincal issues.

Rock n' Rollercoaster Door
The girls touched these marbles in the door more than they probably should have. And I think I ended up sitting down on the floor as I was starting to feel hot and flush again. And I was starting to decide my life choices and why in the world I was in line for this ride, right now.

We waited a good 15 minutes right there in that spot. But it finally started moving again.
Rock n Rollercoaster
This is one of Morgan's favorites.

Rock n' Rollercoaster
(And Andy's)

Rock n' Rollercoaster
Me... not so much. (Even if Morgan looks like she hates this ride in this pic!

Tower of Terror
We got off the ride and then headed directly to Fantasmic. We didn't have fast passes or anything. So we were going to just get whatever we got. The walk in felt soooo long! We ended up on the far right hand side. Not the best seat but it was fine.

I ran to get some drinks once we had our seats, as we were all still thirsty.
I think I ended up getting Gwen some Churros Bites and Morgan a Soft Pretzel. Along with 2 Bottles of Water
and a Fountain Soda - We were just so thirsty! I really wanted to buy a beer, but I just wasn't feel it.

Came back with use a few mintues before the show started. Tried to take pics with the new camera. Not the best pics but we also weren’t at the right angle.

Fantasmic

Fantasmic

Fantasmic

We enjoyed the show, as it was only the 2nd time we saw it. But I don’t think we need to see it again. If we do see it again, I think I would do the dessert boxes again and get that front and center seating again. I do hope they change it sooner than later.

We tried to get out of the park before the Star Wars show was over and at least avoid half of the masses. A boat was leaving as we were walking over but another one came almost right after. And we were back in the room by 10:11. Which I am guessing the show was a 9:00 PM show?

Chocolates on the bed by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
We found chocolates on our bed when we got back!

Gwen was a little disappointed that we missed desserts at club level this night. But I promised we would make it for tomorrow!

And that concluded our "rest" day.

Up next we head back to Animal Kingdom!

I'm so glad you're back writing. This whole year has been hard. I'm happy you have some plans for next year. I think a lot of people are thinking next year Christmas time too.
Thanks!!! It is good to be back. I will now have to catch up on everyones trip reports!

I am worried that it will be super crowded but it will have to be what it is.

How thrilling to be upgraded! I would pass up water view for CL in a heartbeat!
Right! We only had waterview, because when I finally decided to split our stay, that was the cheapest option. Or maybe it was an annual pass discount? Something like that.

Enjoying the read! Like you, it’s tough not to have anything to plan. We cancelled four trips this year. It was supposed to be a big WDW year. We’re hoping for December 2021 too. We shall see...

WELCOME BACK!!! :)

We went to visit my parents yesterday (an hour drive south of us) and we had a good favorite things conversation in the car. Does anyone else do this?
This is literally one of Jimmy's favorite things!! He is always the question asker, and really comes up with some good ones :)

PLUS, I still have our December trip to share and I think that will really help my mood and fun to do with the holiday season approaching!
YAY! Plus, Christmas TRs are my favorite!!!

How awesome that you got an upgrade!! Your "rest" day sounds like perfection right about now. I can't wait to get back to WDW soon!

Good to see you Ariella :goodvibes I thought about texting you so often and should have, I hope you guys are well! Also glad you got to see your parents, hopefully it's not too much longer before you get back up here to Fishkill and maybe we can say hello again!

Welcome back! I know what you mean about getting in a slump but I'm happy you're back. What an awesome upgrade and a perfect rest day!
Thanks! It feels so good to be back. Congrats by the way!

Enjoying the read! Like you, it’s tough not to have anything to plan. We cancelled four trips this year. It was supposed to be a big WDW year. We’re hoping for December 2021 too. We shall see...
I am sorry you had to cancel so many trips! That must have been hard! And yes, who knows what 2021 will actually hold for all of us.

This is literally one of Jimmy's favorite things!! He is always the question asker, and really comes up with some good ones :)
Glad we aren't the only ones!

How awesome that you got an upgrade!! Your "rest" day sounds like perfection right about now. I can't wait to get back to WDW soon!
Right?!?! I dreamed of just going to Disney and literally just hanging out at the pool and maybe eating a couple restaurants.

How AWESOME to be upgraded to CL! Glad you were able to take advantage of the food!

Sounds like a really great day at the pool and a fun night at DHS!
It was amazing!

Good to see you Ariella :goodvibes I thought about texting you so often and should have, I hope you guys are well! Also glad you got to see your parents, hopefully it's not too much longer before you get back up here to Fishkill and maybe we can say hello again!
Hello!!! I get it, feel free to text whenever but I also get it... We will cross paths again, I am sure of it! ;)

Let's get this report started, shall we?

Travel Day: Already Sweating!

We were flying out Friday evening, that has become our perferred time to leave. It makes for a long day, but it gives us a full day once we are there.

The girls were at Art Camp this week and needed to be picked up at 3:00. Which meant I needed to leave work a little early, which was stressful, making sure I had finished all of my work on time. But I managed to and was at the art place right at 3:00.

The girls were finishing up there ceramics. I was letting them finish painting when I got a text message from Southwest!
Flight Delay
Boo!

I texted Andy to let him know about the delay. We decided to still try and head to the airport as planned. Figuring that way, we didn't need to rush. We met at home, collected all of our stuff and headed to the airport!

Well, it was good we had left when we did, because we got to long term parking and they were full!!! We have never had this as a problem! This put Morgan in to a panic that we were going to miss our flight. We tried to reassure her that we had plenty of time since our flight was delayed. At the same time I was trying to find a private parking company for us to use.

I found a place and booked us a reservation on my phone while Andy drove around in a circle to loop around to get to the new parking place. It took awhile but we had time thankfully!

The place we ended up using for our car, picks you up at your parking spot, puts your bags on the bus, gives you a card with your parking spot number on it and drops you off at the terminal immediatly. Well, they will pick up other folks if they are directly in the area as well. It was great! And we decided that we would do this for our December trip, as god only know what that was going to be like.

We got to the airport with no problems, checked our bags and got through security with no problems. Thanks TSA Pre-Check!

We headed to our usual spot for some dinner, Chickie and Petes. It was fairly busy and we had to wait a little bit to grab a table but nothing too bad.

By 6:15, we were relaxing and having drinks! Vacation had begon!
Gwen: Cheers

There were these 2 women next to us, clearing heading out for a girls weekend of some sort. (They drank MANY drinks while we sat next to them) But they got a huge kick out of Gwen using her milk carton for "Chears".

By now, we were all hungry and service was not great this evening.
Morgan waiting for dinner
Morgan was getting a little crabby while we waited, even if this picture she looks happy. She also wore her hoodies the whole travel day. Channelling her inner teenager self, I guess.

Gwen took this picture of me while we waited.
Gwen: Passholder Shirt

We had just gotten Morgan a real phone, she was starting 6th grade this year and was going to be taking the bus home and letting herself in by herself. So, Gwen inherited the old phone to use basically as an Ipad. (no cell service) So, we was trying to be a vlogger and took a bunch of pictures in the beginning of the trip.

Our food did come eventually.
Mozzarella Sticks
Morgan went with Mozzarella Sticks. Which were good.

Mo & her Mozzarella Sticks
There is more of what her face looked like most of the time while we were eating...

Andy and I decided to split a burger. We got the Crab Cake & Burger Burger.
Crab Cake Hamburger
It was fine. We also both got beers of some sort. I didn't write down what kind. But they hit the spot for kicking off the vacation!

We ordered Fries for all of us to share as well.
Crab Fries by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
Well, actually we order Carb Fries and Plain Fries, but only got one order of fries. Which really was fine but still.

Gwen just ate French Fries....
Gwen: Gwen's Dinner
She staged this, for a nice food picture...

Andy and I were going to have another beer but our guy didn't come back around until it was too late. So, we gave up on the second drink and just asked for the bill. Which when it came, it had 2 orders of fries on it. So, we had to have him take that off. Dinner was good none the less.

Once all of that was taken care of we headed to our gate, used the bathroom and got some drinks for the plane.

We had just enough time for that and it was time to board!
My Passholder Shirt
Andy was particulary proud of his shirt gift...

I had forgotten to check in right on time and we were in boarding group C for southwest. I was super stressed by this. We stood to the side hoping that they would take pitty on us and let us on with family boarding. But no go. There was us and one other woman wiht a kid about Gwen's age, and we had to just watch everone getting on the plane. It was stressful!

We just jumped in line as soon as we could. We got behind a family with 3 very tispy people. And I was just praying that we didn’t end up next to them. We managed to get two seats together for me and Gwen, a window and middle seat. Morgan was just across the ailse in an ailse seat and Andy middle seat right behind us. I wanted Andy to walk back with Morgan to find a seat with her, but he insisted on us jsut grabbing those seats. And with people behind us, I couldn't really argue with him.

Morgan survived by herself but it was weird. The stewardess assumed that the couple next to Morgan was her parents. It was a bit odd. And I really just don't understand Southwest age cut off for family boarding. But we survived. And we were very close to the front! Probably the closest we had ever been!

Gwen: Plane Selfie
Gwen did slept a little on the plane. Morgan mostly just watched shows, kept her hood up and tried to avoid talking to the people next to her.

Flight wasn’t too bumpy but the pilot did say that they went around a storm. So, we got in even later.

While landing, Gwen and I could see fireworks!
Fireworks
It's kind of hard to see in the pic, but Gwen was super excitied to see that. I was sad I couldn't show Morgan.

By 10:45 we were on the Pho-Monorail
Pho-Monorail
Untitled

Gwen: Monorail Selfie
Morgan and Gwen were taking pictures like we were somewhere super exciting... ha!

Gwen: Monorail Pic
The girls thought the pho-monorail was pretty cool looking at night.

Gwen: Monorail Pic

Gwen "Vlogging"
Gwen taking pictures of the tiny space guy?

Spaceman
And she thought this was photo worthy as well.

We had to collect our suitcases since it was so late. Which there was alot of people from our flight doing the same thing. And since we were in the front of the plane, we waited awhile for our bags to come out.
Gwen: Pandora Sign by Baggage Claim
Gwen took more pictures while we waited...

The bags started coming out and we collected, 3 of our 4 bags..... and waited and waited and waited for the last bag. I was starting to worry that we had a missing bag!

LAST suitcase out
But then FINALLY our last bag came out! Our bag was literally the last bag out!!!

We made it to Magical Express Line around 11:30. Waited just a little bit before they put us on a bus.
Magic Bands Unite
I was suprised by how many people were waiting at this time of night. We stopped at All Stars Sports, and Music and maybe one more before it was our turn.

Finally made it to Coronado Springs at 12:30! So, not too bad.
Gwen: Lobby
The lobby was beautiful!

I of course, never got a room ready check. So, we had to get in line to check in. There was a short line to check in. But they were taking FOREVER.

Coronado Check In
They had 3 people checking in folks, and I really don't know why it was taking so long, but it took a long time!

Lobby Wall
Gwen took some pictures while we waited.

Gwen: Lights

Bar Lobby

Lobby Check in
Gwen: Kids Area by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Meanwhile,Morgan was done! She fell asleep while we were waiting to check in.
Morgan Sleeping

Morgan Passes out
Not a happy camper.

Finally it was our turn. The check in person was very nice but it was just so late. I just wanted to get to our room so we could go to sleep!

We finally got into the room around 1:15 AM, It was late! We were Building 8B, Floor 2, Room 8608, Cabanas Section. It turned out to not be too bad of a location. We weren't too far from the main lobby or the main pool.

As I unpacked a litte. I grabbed the Tinkerbell bag. And literally threw the pj’s in the closet in the bathroom area.
Gwen: Tink PJ's
Marie PJ’s for Gwen
Bo Peep PJ’s for Morgan
Jasmine PJ’s for Me

Had Gwen find them:
"finding" gift

Morgan was too tired to care....
soooooo tired

Gwen: Gwen PJ Selfie
Gwen took a selfie of herself with the new PJ's and then it was time for BED!!!!

Up Next... A visit to Sebring, FL!

We stayed at Coronado springs resort in the grand destin tower.. first morning on our park day the shower door exploded on my dad and little brother (teen). They were both fine but what an experience for an holiday visit!

We stayed at Coronado springs resort in the grand destin tower.. first morning on our park day the shower door exploded on my dad and little brother (teen). They were both fine but what an experience for an holiday visit!
Oh Man! That must have been scary!!! What did Disney do? Did they have to move rooms?

So happy to see you back!!! Wow, what great luck with the fastpass situation! I guess ToT being down actually turned out to be a good thing for once! :thumbsup2
Thanks!!!! It is good to "see" everyone here. How are you doing? How is the new job? Are you able to work right now?

Ha! And it did work in our favor to get 2 fastpasses out of one down ride.

Hello Everyone!! I hope everyone is having a good week. This week has been a bit more under control for me work wise, which has been sooooo nice! I have resolved to make some work boundaries even though my work "office" is literally right next to where I am currently sitting. aka - i sit at a desk in our living room. We will see how that goes!

So, Disney released the rest of 2022 pricing. And I am tempted to grab a room only reservation for next year! I am a little nervious to do so, but I can always cancel right? I am thinking of just grabbing a standard room reservation for Yacht Club for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving through the following Sunday. It will almost 2 years since we will have been there, so I am thinking that we should just do one hotel. We will deserve, right?!?! And If we do go with that as the trip, I am 99% sure we won't go into a park on Thanksgiving Day. We will get a dining reservation and have a resort day. And even the day after do some resort hopping... So, basically we would want a nice resort to hang out for the first day or two. Thoughts?

Anyway, back to the trip report...

Day Six: Animal Kingdom

Today, we had plans to go to Animal Kingdom. It's hard to believe this was the first time for this trip. I was excitied for today, because we were going to my lunch for one of my FAVORITE things in all of Disney!!!

We decided that we just needed to get to the park in time for our first fast pass, which was Flight of Passage and it was from 9:35 - 10:35.

Plan for the day

We were up around 7:30, got dresses and grabbed breakfast in Club Level. I think we took turns going down and grabbing stuff to bring back to the room as we were all in different variations of getting ready. I have no idea if that is "cool" or not for the area, but that's what we did...:confused3

I grabbed a bagel and put some goat cheese, a hard boiled egg and ham. It was amazing! Not because it was anything special but just that it was more than the granola bar that I usually eat in transit most Disney mornings.

Morgan choose some hot oatmeal. And I think it was well, oatmeal... And Gwen went with a bagel with half butter half cream cheese and a cup of milk. Exciting, right? Aren't you glad I took notes of that from over a year ago, just to share with you now?!!? Your welcome!

Tinkerbell Gift for the day
Tink left the girls some good old Target T-Shirts for today.

Gwen checking out the goods
Gwen checking it out.

Dragged Morgan over as well
Gwen finally dragged Morgan over.

Once we were all ready, we headed down to the bus stop to catch a bus. We waited a little bit for a bus and I was about to say maybe we should get an uber, as there was no time posted for AK and literally a bus pulled up! We made it to Animal Kingdom around 9:30. Plenty of time to get to our first fast pass.

Tree of Life
We made our way into the park.

Tree of LIfe
Isn't she beautiful? I tell ya one of the thingsI want to do when we do go back... Walk along the trails and check out all of the carvings of the tree of life. We did do that once, and it really is a hidden treasure thing to do!

XXXXX
On our way!

Pandora Pod
Gwen wanted to try and get the pod to spit out water.

I don't think they were successful. I think it might have been too early?

Ready for the day
Gwen was ready to ride!

We used our fastpass and it was amazing as always!

Our favorite Decotamination Room Guy!
Isn't this everyones favorite De-Contamination Guy! I mean.. ummmm. ummmmm...

Not sure what Gwen is pointing to
Not sure what or why Gwen is pointing at there "avatars" But she found something intresting.

Untitled
As we came out, Andy was saying he wished we could have ridden with his sister and family. They come every year, but don't do the ahem tricks that some of us do to make sure we get fastpasses... And hadn't been able to secure a fast passes until this trip. And I think they had to switch there SK days to the last day or two as it was in order to get one. Oh well...

We checked out the dump shop on our way out, but really they didn't have anything new in there in awhile and actually they had taken a lot of stuff out, which is better for flow but not for shopping.

We stopped for some beverages at Pongo Pongo, because 10 AM is TOTALLY acceptable for your first alcholic beverage? Right?

Night Blossom
Morgan and Gwen split a Night Blossom. The night blossom is super sweet, and neither can finish one by themselves. (Even if most times, they insist they need there own)

I of course went with the spiked version... And I don't think I will ever get it again. I usually get the margarita but they had just changed it and I was boycotting it at that point in time. BUT all they do is poor the same non-alcholic version and then poor a shot of rum on top. Which is fine except, when you pick up the VERY full drink... half of your shot spills out! They guy pooring did warn me, but I guess I didn't take a big enough sip. Sigh... I guess I will go back to the margaritas, maybe it will be another color by the time I go back!

We took our drinks to go, and headed out of Pandora.
Up Statues
Photo op on the way...

And we made it over to Kali around 10:30. the wait was still low, so we decided to ride stand by first and then use our fast passes for a second time.

Kali Que
Yes, we are crazy... But in our defense it was August and HOT!!!!

Kali Que
I posted a bunch of pictures of this que in a different trip report. And I just love it!

Kali Que
It is just as amazing.

10:56: 1st Ride Family with us got super wet. Geyseur going off and stayed on, and they got drenched. Morgan and Gwen and little and Andy & I suprisingly little.

I am going to put all of the ride photos together, because I have no idea which are from which time...

Our first ride, Morgan and Gwen were obviously looking to get wet. And all signs looked good.
Geyseur on Kali

Kali River Rapids
But it that Geyseur turned off right before we got there .

Kali
They were pretty bummed.

All was not lost, they did somehow did in fact get wet.
Kali Getting Soaked by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Kali River Rapids
The girls LOVE this ride. I think it is because it tends to be down for refurb when we come in February. I do think they liked the fact that we got to ride it 2 times in a row. I think they wanted to go for a third but the line was getting long. So, we opted for snacks!

Up next some snacks!

Isn't she beautiful? I tell ya one of the thingsI want to do when we do go back... Walk along the trails and check out all of the carvings of the tree of life. We did do that once, and it really is a hidden treasure thing to do!
Oh, yes, those trails are such an amazing little hidden gem!!! We discovered them on the very first trip where we ever slowed down a little, in 2009, because I was pregnant. It was SO nice to just stroll along and come upon animal exhibits we had never known were there, along with amazing views of the Tree of Life.

Isn't this everyones favorite De-Contamination Guy! I mean.. ummmm. ummmmm...
I cannot stand this guy!!!!! I couldn't believe we got stuck listening to his spiel 3 times in a row when we rode in December. One blessing of the new COVID routine of this queue is that they combined his video with the second one you usually watch in that hallway area. He no longer gets to say, "um, fly!" Thank the Lord!

We stopped for some beverages at Pongo Pongo, because 10 AM is TOTALLY acceptable for your first alcholic beverage? Right?
YES, MA'AM!!! I am bummed you didn't get to enjoy your full shot on the Rum Blossom. I finally had one for the first time in July, and it was SO refreshing because of how hot it already was at 10 a.m.! It is sort of interesting how they just dump the alcohol right on top. I remember my aunt and I standing there carefully trying to stir it in before walking away from the window. Definitely hard to avoid spilling.

I posted a bunch of pictures of this que in a different trip report. And I just love it!
I hadn't been on Kali River Rapids since 2000!!!!! But, when we visited in July, everything was a literal walk-on, so we went on. I forgot how gorgeous that queue is! I love it even more than the queue for Everest, I think. You definitely forget you're in a theme park.

I love the trails around the tree but it's been years since we did them. I need another trip where we have 2 days in AK so we can do this again. We rode Kali on Sunday and it was the first time in a few trips. The que really is great. We did get a little wet but they have turned off a lot of the water systems.

I cannot stand this guy!!!!!
I don't actually love him and watching him 3 times in a row would be REALLY annoying!

I remember my aunt and I standing there carefully trying to stir it in before walking away from the window. Definitely hard to avoid spilling.
Yup! I wasn't careful enough. Oh well. I make up for it later, as you will see.

I love the trails around the tree but it's been years since we did them. I need another trip where we have 2 days in AK so we can do this again.
There is just so much to do!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!