Well! Guys.. I did it!!! I booked us for Thanksgiving of 2021!!!!! I took a peek at the options again this morning before I started working and the Standard Rooms were already gone for Yacht Club! What?!?! I mean seriously, do they have 4 rooms they consider Standard and that is it? Well, I went ahead and grabbed the Garden View Room as that is the next "cheapest"

I figure I can change it / cancel it things don't get better by then. But with it being around the holiday, I figure it's best to grab something now. I booked the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, thinking we could fly out after the girls finish school, which should be a half day. And then we fly home the following Sunday. A full 11 days! I figure with the holiday we can have a few resort days in there. And we may need to take a day to drive down and visit my grandparents again.

But that is about how far I will get for planning for AWHILE!

So, with that, back to trip report:

Day Six: More Animal Kingdom

So, I will say, I think we were hot and tired today. My pictures are lacking a little...

After our trip down the river twice, we decided we needed some snacks. We didn't want a full lunch, as we were having a late lunch. The girls eyed a Churro Cart by the exit of the ride, so Morgan and Andy waited to buy those, while I took Gwen to use the bathroom.

Then we grabbed a table over by Yak and Yeti counter service area. Andy sat down with the girls and I ran over to Mr. Kamal's to grab something for us. I ended up getting the Fries and an order of the dumplings. I am sad that the fries don't some with the tazi sauce on it anymore. But the season is still good.

I also grabbed a Coconut Lychee Lemonade from the soda place across from Yak and Yeti? It was spiked with Rum and was ok. Pre-Mixed so no spilling but fairly week.

And ZERO pictures of any of that stuff. We just sat and relaxed.

Eventually we got up and headed towards Everest for our last fast pass for the day.
Everest Yeti Signs
We had sometime to kill before we could actually use the fast pass. So we wandered around a bit.

Everest statue
Andy took some fun pictures with our new camera while I took Gwen to the bathroom again.

Waiting to Ride Everest

More Everest Waiting Area

Morgan posing for Andy

Everest
Finally it was time to use our fastpass!

Gwen is kind of so so about this ride. But she was a trooper and agree togo as long as she could ride with me.

Ready to Ride Everest
Gwen is smiling at least! I think by now, she was getting better at just closing her eyes at the yeti part.

Everest Ready to ride

Everest Photo Pass
She even got brave and raised her hands on the ride!

We all had a great time climbing Everest. We checked out the dump shop on the way out. Morgan picked out a blue water bottle for school. And Gwen picked up a Yeti Plush. It was a girl version and basically looked like a snow ball. So, it was "cute".

On a side note, Morgan has gotten some really good items from this store. She also got a peacock looking head wrap at one point as well. It's worth checking out the stuff in there, it's not just Disney stamped stuff.

We decided to make our way out of the park and head to lunch after this. we were all just so hot! But we took our time and slowly made our way out, with a few stops on teh way... of course..

First stop, More Drinks!

Hymalan Drink - Everest
I needed my favorite drink in AK, the Himalayan Ghost Drink. It is pink goodness, in my book.
Himalayan Ghost
Snow Leopard Vodka, Guava and Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade

Pink Lotus Drink
Gwen and Morgan split a Pink Lotus Drink.
Pink Lotus
Monin Wild Strawberry, Lychee and Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade

Gwen's Pink Lotus
But it looks like Gwen might have drank most of it.

Day Drinking
Andy even decided to get a drink! He went with the Durbar margarita and said it was good.
Durbar Margarita
Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Triple Sec, Ginger, Sweet-and-Sour and fresh Lime Juice

Durbar Margarita & Himalyan Ghost

With drinks in had, we started moving to the front of the park again. As we passed a cart by the monkeys, Morgan asked if she could get an Opka Plush. She said she say it on own way to Everest. So, we stopped for her to purchase that. She took time to inspect the faces of all of the plush and settled on one.

We continued on. And as we were walking out, Morgan noticed a rip at the seem at the leg. I told her we could stop at the main shops on our way out, and that I am sure they would let her swap it for a new one.

We had to go in both of the stores to find the Opkas, and while looking at them, Morgan almost cried. She said she really liked hers face and didn't want to exchange it. We told her she didn't need to exchange it. Oye! She finally decided to keep the one she had, she said she thought she could sew up the hole at home. (Which she did)

And with THAT, we were FINALLY able to FINALLY leave the park!

We didn't wait too long for a bus BUT we hit a bit of a snag with the ride to the resort. This bus driver was super "jokey", cracking jokes the whole way. And when we got to the first resort, he joked that it was the OTHER resort. So, we stayed on the bus. And we got to the second stop, we got off and realized what happened.

We had to ask the folks in the front what to do, and they said there was a shuttle for folks to take. Thankfully one pulled with in a minute and we were able to hop on. I was pretty annoyed at this whole situation. And we weren't the only family this happened to. There was one other family who literally did the same thing. Sigh.

But we made it FINALLY!!! And we were still early, so at least we weren't worried about being late.

We made our way down and checked in.
Sanaa

And ran into this lovely lady!!!
Sanaa
Caroline was there as well with her daughter for lunch. I don't think we realized that we would be there at the same time. So, it was a nice surprise. Even if I was a HOT HOT mess!

Up Next Lunch!

It was so nice to see you at Sanaa! It was a very hot day and we had spent the morning at AK as well! I wish we were there right now. Our weather has turned really chilly today and last Friday it was 80 at our house, now it is 40 degree! Yuck!
The drinks you had in the park look really good. The Himalayan Ghost is one I want to try!
My Andi will be able to have a drink with me on our next Disney trip, so hard to believe she will be 21 on Thanksgiving. We maybe there over Thanksgiving 2021 as well! We will have to get together for hello again if that is the case.

Thanks! It feels so good to be back. Congrats by the way!

Thank you!! 💙

So, basically we would want a nice resort to hang out for the first day or two. Thoughts?

I definitely say book it! I booked us a package for the 50th anniversary to insure we have it if we can go but who knows what can happen in all this time.

I needed my favorite drink in AK, the Himalayan Ghost Drink. It is pink goodness, in my book.
Himalayan Ghost
Snow Leopard Vodka, Guava and Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade

I love this drink! I can't wait to have it again.

It was so nice to see you at Sanaa!
It was a nice suprise!

The Himalayan Ghost is one I want to try!
My Andi will be able to have a drink with me on our next Disney trip, so hard to believe she will be 21 on Thanksgiving
OMG! Can you believe that?!?! It will make your trips different again.

We maybe there over Thanksgiving 2021 as well! We will have to get together for hello again if that is the case.
Def!!

I definitely say book it! I booked us a package for the 50th anniversary to insure we have it if we can go but who knows what can happen in all this time.
When is the "official" 50th Anniversay? I know I used to know but I think being off the boards so long haw made me forget most details.

Day Six: Bread Service!!!!

I left us off with waiting to be seated for lunch. I think we were seated right at our reservation time. And we were seated kind of to the left, in almost a side room. The space wasn't great for viewing animals but was nice a quiet.

Sanaa
We were at a table in the middle here.

Light in Sanaa
And when we were seated we were one of two parties in the area for awhile. So, it was nice. And just look at this light. So pretty.

We ordered drinks to start.

Morgan's Watermelon Lemonade
Watermelon Lemonade
Odwalla® Lemonade and Watermelon
Morgan ordered the Watermelon Lemonade. It came with a Lemon-Lime Foam. She said it was really good, but I think she mixed the foam into the drink and mixed it all together.

I went in a similar area, with the Antioxidant Lemonade
Raspberry Mojito
Antioxidant Lemonade
Van Gogh Açaí-Blueberry Vodka, Odwalla® Lemonade, and Pomegranate Juice topped with Sprite®
This was ok. It was refreshing enough and good since I was so hot but I wouldn't say someone HAS to try it.

Andy ordered the Malawi Mango Margarita
Mango Margarita
Which is not on the menu anymore. So, here is y description of it.. Mango Puree and Tequila! ha! Andy liked it enough.

And Gwen asked to get the "speciality" drink with the Buzz Lightyear Glow clips with Lemonade. She said she wanted to get it to give her cousin Gavin the glow clip. And I mean, how can you say no to that?

Once we got our drinks, we ordered some food. And then we realized that the girls were going to be able to see who there teachers were for the next school year in half an hour. And Morgan was heading into 6th grade, so it was a big deal this time to see what teams everyone is on. (aka who will possibly be in her classes)

So, I spent some times trying to fill out school forms on my phone, which wasn't easy but we got it done. And soon enough we got the main meal! (well to me) Bread Service!!!

Me in my happy place
Indian-style Bread Service
Choice of Five Breads - Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kulcha, or Paneer Paratha.
Nine Accompaniments - Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle

All of the DIPS!

I LOVE this!!! And so does Andy. The girls grabbed the plain naan and ate that. I think they both tried the mango chutney and said it was just ok. More for me!

I am pretty sure I sucked my first drink down pretty fast, and ordered a different drink for my second one. I went with the Mojito Africa Star. Which is also not on the menu right now. But it was a mojito and it was really good.

I made this reservation during the lunch because I think knew there was a couple items on the lunch menu that I thought Andy and I would like. We decided to split the Lamb Kefta Skewers & Chicken Tandoori .

First up the Lamb Kefta Skewers.
Lamb Kebabs
These are also not on the menu currently. Which is a shame because they were delish! They came on whilted spinach (I think) with quinoa, roasted tomatoe and some sort of dip. I don't remember what it was, but it was so good. This was delicious and if they put it back on the menu, you should def try it.

We also ordered the chicken tandoori.
Chicken Tandoori
This also is not on the menu right now, but Tandoori chicken is clay baked chicken, (that is usally a more red color) This was served on a a piece of naan bread, greens, pickeled onions, and some sort of hummus spread. It was also really good. And I would def recommend this if you are trying indian for the first time.. Usually tandoori is pretty mild.

Morgan and Gwen both ordered the Naan Pizza. Morgan got fruit on the side and Gwen went with the very indian french fries for her side. No picture of these, I am pretty sure the girls scarfed there food down pretty quickly.

Somewhere around now, we were able to log into the school website, and found out the girls teachers and schedules. So, Morgan texted the couple friends she had numbers for to see if they had anything together.

Both girls ordered the paint your own shields for dessert.
Gwen painting
It comes with with a small chocolate cake and a sugar cookie that you paint with a paint brush and colored icing. the girls get very into painting the cookie.

We had a lovely lunch, we ended up being there 2 hours! But it was nice and relaxing. We were also there so long, that I was freezing by the time we were ready to leave!

On our way out, we stopped in the gift shop, I wanted to find this beauty!
My Serving container (at home)
This was NOT cheap! But I love it! It comes with the wooden base, all of the little metal bowls, and all of the recipes for the dips to recreate the whole meal.

I have used it a few times, and I make 1 or 2 of the recipes when I do it, and supplament the rest with pre-made dips.

Morgan found a box pin set to buy as well and we headed out. We decided not to go back to Animal Kingdom and head back to the Yacht Club and rest in the room for a bit.

We played the bongos while we waited for an uber. And before we knew it we were back in a room to relax.

up next, a quick trip into EPCOT

How fun that you ran into Caroline after your long, hot AK day! :) Your relaxing lunch sounds like it was just perfect. Two hours sounds like a long time, but I bet it was so relaxing!

What an awesome souvenir! even though I'm sure it was pricey, it's totally worth it, especially if you can make the recipes and enjoy it at home!

Hooray for a Thanksgiving trip! Even if it doesn't work out, isn't it nice to have something tentatively in the works. It can really help boost a mood to know there's a day you're getting back to your happy place!

Looks like it was a fun morning in AK, even if it was super hot. The bread service sounds delicious, and how cool you were able to purchase the tray. That's awesome!

How fun that you ran into Caroline after your long, hot AK day! :) Your relaxing lunch sounds like it was just perfect. Two hours sounds like a long time, but I bet it was so relaxing!
It didn't feel like 2 hours. But when I was looking at my notes, I was surprised at the time we left.

What an awesome souvenir! even though I'm sure it was pricey, it's totally worth it, especially if you can make the recipes and enjoy it at home!
I don't remember how much it was now. But I do remember that I was a little suprised by the cost. But I also remember the lady saying that they only have a few in the store at the time. So, I am guessing they don't mass produce them.

Hooray for a Thanksgiving trip! Even if it doesn't work out, isn't it nice to have something tentatively in the works. It can really help boost a mood to know there's a day you're getting back to your happy place!
It is!!! it totally is!

The bread service sounds delicious, and how cool you were able to purchase the tray. That's awesome!
I feel like Bread Service can be for everyone, even if you don't like 1 or 2 of the dips you have plenty to try. And the tray was SOOO worth it. Andy had tried to replicate it for Christmas before this trip and did an ok job, but there was literally nothing like it.

Congrats on booking a trip! It really does help to have a trip to Disney to look forward to.

Great AK morning in the heat. Lots of interesting pictures too.

We had Sanaa for the first time earlier this month and loved the bread service. I would go back just for that.

I love the tray to use at home! I don't cook much of anything so it would be wasted on me but still awesome.
You can always just fake it with pre-made dips and bread!

Congrats on booking a trip! It really does help to have a trip to Disney to look forward to.
It really feels so good to have a trip planned. Strange that there really isn't much to plan, though!

We had Sanaa for the first time earlier this month and loved the bread service. I would go back just for that.
I think the bread service is what most folks go back for!

The bread service is a favorite of ours. I order it every time we visit Sana’a. I hope they bring back the Tandori Chicken, we really enjoyed this! Disney and all the changes they keep making, ugh!😕

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Morgan is at a friends house for a sleepover with her BFF. The first for her since all of this COVID and she was soooo excited to have some quality time with her bestie.

And Gwen is making Andy and I watch You Tube with her. Which all the girls watch now is You Tube and Anime shows. Oye!

Let's finish up this day, as there's not alot left.

Day Six: Finishing up the Day

I left us off with us heading back to the hotel to relax. I think we just relaxed room. Around 5, when the brought out the evening snacks, we took turns going out and grabbing some goodies.

Sangria in the room
Tonight they were serving Sangria. So, I gladly took a glass of that.

Green Tea Chicken cones, scallop w/ Cheese and Crackers
And just a few snacks. The little green cone was a Green Tea waffle cone filled with a turkey curry. And these were SOOOO good!!!! It was s different but so amazing. I loved them, and may have gotten a few more...

Green Tea Chicken Salad Cone

And that is all I have for photos until 7 at night. And my notes are very vague... I think this whole day was just a bit of a trip reporting fail. I am pretty sure we just relaxed before heading back out!

We decided to take advantage of our location, and hop over to EPCOT.

We walked over and came in through the International Gateway. (I really think when I showed Andy this back entrance it changed his whole perspective on EPCOT)

I had scored a Soarin' fast pass while we were relaxing, so we were making out way that way.

But we of course stopped in England, so Andy could get his Pear Ciders.

While Andy made his purchase, I convinced Gwen to pose in the phone booth.
Phone Booth

Andy and I enjoyed our Pear Ciders as we walked. It was a lovely evening!

World Showcase

We stopped for a photo pass photographer. Which Morgan was not feeling.
EPCOT Photo Pass Pic

EPCOT Photo Pass
But I still think this one came out nice!

We popped into Mouse Gears, to see if they did the custom phone covers. Morgan decided she wanted one, as she was now a proud teen with a phone. (mostly because she was going to be coming home from school and no one would be home)

Unfortantly, they did not have a station at Mouse Gears, but we were going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow, so I said we could do it then. Gwen and Andy did find shirts that they wanted. And I believe they both purchased those.

We headed over to the Land next.
The Land Pavilion

There was some sort of delay waiting to get on Soarin, and I think we waited a good half hour. Which isn't bad, but mad that link is A) Boring and B) Hot!

But we made it on and didn't even have to ask to wait for the pre-mo seats of B front and center!
Soarin

It had been awhile since we had done Soarin' and it was surprisingly still good! I feel like it gets soooo much hate these days. We were really glad that we had done it again.

After we headed to do Spaceship Earth as at this point in time, I don't think we knew exactly when they would be closing it.

Spaceship Earth Space Jesus
Space Jesus! I always need to photo of him!

Andy and I hopped into our seats and didn't choose a language fast enough, and ended up with Portugese! I have to admit I was a bit disappointed as I wasn't sure if it would be my last time riding. (spoiler, it wasn't, so that is good)
Man Landing On the Moon

After our ride we headed out. We wanted to get out before Illuminations started. And I had promised Gwen we would be back for desserts in Club Level!
Yacht Club at Night

Which we did!, But no pictures of any of it... Sorry.

And I believe Gwen, Andy and I took a night swim. Morgan elected to stay back in the room.

And that was our day!

Up next back to Magic Kingdom!

It really feels so good to have a trip planned. Strange that there really isn't much to plan, though!

Not much to plan but new openings seem to come out every week. Lots of changes always happening.

I think the bread service is what most folks go back for!

I believe so too.

And just a few snacks. The little green cone was a Green Tea waffle cone filled with a turkey curry. And these were SOOOO good!!!! It was s different but so amazing. I loved them, and may have gotten a few more...

This does sound good and it's sooo cute.

While Andy made his purchase, I convinced Gwen to pose in the phone booth.

My girls still like to pose here.

We stopped for a photo pass photographer. Which Morgan was not feeling.
EPCOT Phot

Everyone else is enjoying it.

But I still think this one came out nice!

Very nice!

Andy and I hopped into our seats and didn't choose a language fast enough, and ended up with Portugese!

Oh noooo!

Thanks!!!! It is good to "see" everyone here. How are you doing? How is the new job? Are you able to work right now?
I'm doing well, but the job... not so much :sad2: Turns out being a director - no matter how small the place - is NOT for me, especially not in the middle of a pandemic :faint: You live and learn though, right? ;) Thank you for asking, that was sweet of you to remember :goodvibes

We stopped for some beverages at Pongo Pongo, because 10 AM is TOTALLY acceptable for your first alcholic beverage? Right?
::yes::::yes::::yes::

Well! Guys.. I did it!!! I booked us for Thanksgiving of 2021!!!!!
YAY!!! I was so hoping you would! Just having a trip on the books has got to make life better, right!? I don't have one planned yet and it's so depressing :sad: But hopefully soon!

This was NOT cheap! But I love it! It comes with the wooden base, all of the little metal bowls, and all of the recipes for the dips to recreate the whole meal.
I love it! And what a great reminder of Sanaa every time you use it :thumbsup2

We walked over and came in through the International Gateway. (I really think when I showed Andy this back entrance it changed his whole perspective on EPCOT)
YES!!! I have never stayed at an EPCOT resort but it's definitely a dream of mine someday. I can't imagine just being able to walk to my fave park!!! :hyper:

Day Seven: Magic Kingdom

Here is our official cheat sheet for the day.
Friday Cheat Sheet
Which I am not sure why, but we decided to cancel our Cape May Cafe breakfast reservation. I believe the plan was to spend the morning at the pool and head into EPCOT in the afternoon. But I guess the lure of extra magic hours and magic kingdom was too much for us and we decided to head to magic kingdom instead.

We all work up around 7am.

Somebody was a bit tired this morning.
Only kind of awake by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Gwen was ready to check out the Tinkerbell Gifts for the day.
Tink's Gift

Tink's Gift
Wreck-It Ralph is one of Gwen's favorite movies and both girls love that short with Bunny eating the pancakes. So, the shirts were a big hit this morning.

Since we made the call to head to Magic Kingdom, we needed to get there early, as we had no fast passes for the morning, so we wanted to take advantage of short lines early. So, we all got dressed and grabbed breakfast to go from the club level buffet.

Morgan grabbed a pastry of some sort, and Gwen took half a bagel with (mickey) butter and a cup of milk. Andy just made an iced coffee. And I made a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and some lemon. It was sooooooo good. A shame, as we got down to the bus stop and a bus pulled up almost right away, which was good, but we had to stand and I ate my delisious bagel balancing on a bus and not spill my coffee as well.

The bus was pretty full but there was one couple that was spanning 3 seats. And I asked if they could slide over she Gwen could sit down. They gave me a dirty look but moved over. I sometimes just don't understand people. Especially when in Disney. Let the kid sit! I didn't even need them to get up!

At any rate, we were seeing this at 8:05!!!
Main Street by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
Not bad for having to take the bus!

The girls wanted to ride Space Mountain first, this is becoming the ride they want to go to first.
Space Mountianb

There was a bit of a line outside of the building, but once you got inside, it wasn't too bad.
Space Mountain_Gwen

Space Mountain_Andy&Mo
Andy decided to ride with us this time. We were ready to ride around 8:25. So, not that long at all.

Which as a side note, I just went to try and find the ride photo for this, and all of our summer photos are gone! Has anyone had luck getting photos that we deleted off of photo pass? I thought they usually sent you a reminder that they were going away. I am so sad. I am sure we got all of the really good ones. I mean I would have used them for these trip reports but I am still sad....

When we had hung out with @kastoney and family. They said how they were a bit disapointed by extra morning hours. And this may be why:
Only Half the Park is Open!
Literally only half of the park was open.

After our ride on Space Mountain, we ordered Morgan her phone case. She went with a Pua Slide Puzzle case. Since it was extra magic hours, they let us order it but they wouldn't be able to make it until the park officially opened, and said it would be ready around 10:30. Which was fine with us.

We headed for the next ride that these girls seem to always want to ride.... The Tomorrowland Speedway!
And Waiting
The wait was posted at 20 - 25 minutes and I have that we were ready to ride at 8:59. So, we probably waited about only about 10 or 15. Which is an acceptable amount of time to wait for this ride.

Speedway Selfie
Gwen "allowed" me to ride with her. (As I still needed to push the gas pedal for her)

And I think Morgan went by herself and Andy drove by himself as well.

Speedway, Done

Speedway

As always the girls loved it and the adults tollerated it.

We decided to head toward Peter Pan next. On the walk over, Gwen wanted to try her hand at pulling the sword out of the stone.
Sword by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Sword by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
No Luck... (Also we got scolded by a CM who told Gwen to not stand on the stone, oopss)

Sword_Morgan
Morgan's "Attempt" at pulling the sword out....

Sword
Group effort, maybe that would work? Nope.

Sword
After our failed attempt at becoming king (or Queen) we got in line for Peter Pan, at 9:15 it was posting a wait of 30 minutes.

We tried out the Disney Play app in line. In the begining it's just trivia questions. But once you get inside and into the bedroom room, it is a scavenger hunt, which the girls really liked.
Peter Pan Que by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

We didn't wait that long, as my notes have us on the ride at 9:30.
Peter Pan Mermaids
I love this ride but it is too short!

We walked across the way and hopped onto It's a Small World next.
It's a Small World by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Camel

Hawaii
We love It's a small world, it is def brings back memories of when the girls were little.

After our ride around the world, we headed to Haunted Mansion. The wait was still only 15 minutes
HM by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

If you have read other reports, or even just earlier in this trip report, you know that Gwen is not a fan of this ride. But she said she would go this time. (And I think she is getting "used" to the ride slowly but surely)

Uncle Jason

Some other guy
I love these statues!

Bat Harmonica
Thankfully, we were basically moving the whole time. But it is a fun que to walk through.

Playing some miusic
The girls always love playing the music.

Captain Tombstone
The water was actually working on the tombstone this morning.

Haunted Mansion Stretching Room
Before long we were ready to go. Ugh again, I have no ride photo... ;( But I am sure it has Gwen hiding her face. Ha!

After our ride in the hotel, we decided it was time for some snacks!

Up next snacks and a more snacks!

As always the girls loved it and the adults tollerated it.
LOL, Oh, Tomorrowland Speedway, you are just not made for grown ups to love!!

This is actually the one attraction at WDW that I have NEVER been on!

Your MK morning sounds so perfect, and makes me wish I was there....even more so because it is snowing here right now, and I miss the sun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter