E-learning is definitely not ideal for Kindergarten! I sent my kids home with packets, but have been doing daily email check ins with more resources for the kids, as well. Trying to help Jimmy last week had both of us in tears!! Hopefully this week will go a little more smoothly now that we've got some of this stuff figured out.

E-learning is definitely not ideal for Kindergarten! I sent my kids home with packets, but have been doing daily email check ins with more resources for the kids, as well. Trying to help Jimmy last week had both of us in tears!! Hopefully this week will go a little more smoothly now that we've got some of this stuff figured out.
Oh, Jackie! You made me a little teary. You can do this. You will get through it. It's all going to be ok. ❤ ❤ ❤

I'm so sorry the girls were so upset. It's so hard!!!
Trying to help Jimmy last week had both of us in tears!! Hopefully this week will go a little more smoothly now that we've got some of this stuff figured out.
Both girls don't like change, especially Gwen! So, it def got better each day. Morgan was saying that her teachers weren't really teaching her. Which is true. The school has an inservice day tomorrow. So, hopefully the teachers will come up with some zoom classes or something. Especially if this goes on for awhile longer. I will be able to help more now. So, hopefully that will help as well.

I am sure this isn't easy for the teachers either! Hang in there Jackie!

rying to work and help the girls was rough! Gwen cried the first 3 days, and then Morgan decided to cry on the 4th day... Thankfully, I have been able to reduce my hours to lessen the stress on me. So, we will see how next week goes!

:( :( I really feel for the parents who are working from home and trying to help teach their children at the same time. I can not imagine how insanely difficult it is! Stay safe 🥰

What else.... We purchase Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Switch and Morgan, Gwen and I are obsessed!

We used to love Animal Crossing when we were younger! I had it on my phone for a while and had to delete it because I was spending too much time playing it lol

I feel for you all with school aged children this is so hard!!
I just walked all around MK and Epcot to get my steps in today, I must have looked like a looney talking to myself as I passed by all the attractions. Haha 😂 and the whole time I was in my bedroom by myself!

So sorry it's been difficult on the girls, Ricky is having a hard time with this also. Especially the possibility of not being able to finish his senior year IN school and it's breaking my heart too.

For now the kids are technically on spring break since they cancelled ours in April and moved it to now, so while some teachers have already sent them work through Google Classroom it's not "due" until 4/1 as that's when we're currently out until. However I believe 100% we'll be out through April so not sure how the teaching will go after that. I will say I'm glad they're old enough that I don't have to help them!

Hi Everyone! I am going to try and do a post today. I promise. I just haven't felt like it. I always have a problem starting a new day. Does anyone else have the problem?

Life is going here. Gwen is doing a little bit better with her school work but stil seems to find a reason to melt down each day. They started having zoom calls, which I think is hilarious! But I think it helps her to see her teacher and friends.

My timehop had the fact that 2 years ago we were headed to Disneyland! We had decided that we wnated to go to California this summer. But now, we just aren't sure what the summer will look like for us!

I really feel for the parents who are working from home and trying to help teach their children at the same time. I can not imagine how insanely difficult it is! Stay safe 🥰
What you are doing is WAAAAAY harder!!!! It's not easy on any of us. But what you are doing is in a whole other level!

We used to love Animal Crossing when we were younger! I had it on my phone for a while and had to delete it because I was spending too much time playing it lol
Gwen is currently creating her own clothes creations... I think she might be here for hours.

I feel for you all with school aged children this is so hard!!
Listen! What you have to do is way harder. What I am doing is nothing compared to you going to work every day.

I just walked all around MK and Epcot to get my steps in today, I must have looked like a looney talking to myself as I passed by all the attractions. Haha 😂 and the whole time I was in my bedroom by myself!
Ha! I love it.

Ricky is having a hard time with this also. Especially the possibility of not being able to finish his senior year IN school and it's breaking my heart too.
That is soooo Hard! Will they have a graduation? That makes me so sad!

For now the kids are technically on spring break since they cancelled ours in April and moved it to now, so while some teachers have already sent them work through Google Classroom it's not "due" until 4/1 as that's when we're currently out until. However I believe 100% we'll be out through April so not sure how the teaching will go after that. I will say I'm glad they're old enough that I don't have to help them!
The girls have one more week of school then a week of spring break. So, we will see a week of nothing goes!

Day Four: Rest and Relaxation

Today we had plans to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with Andy's sister and family. I wasn't going to do the party this year, but they were already going and Andy wanted to go.

I had booked fast passes for us in the morning thinking we would go in for a few hours, come back and rest and then head back for the party.
Cheat Sheet

But the girls woke up tired and I woke up not feeling great. So, we decided to just rest before the party.

Tinkerbell Gifts
Today Tinkerbell left some snack shirts. Which we didn't wear today since we were skipping the park in the morning. Oh well.

Checking out the Gifts

Gwen
The girls liked the shirts all the same, though.

We lounged around and watched some tv for a bit. While we did that, I switched up our fast passes.

Our original Fast Passes were:
9:10 - 10:10 Peter Pan
10:30 - 11:20 Tomorrowland Speedway
11:40 - 12:40 Haunted Mansion

Switched them all to fast passes later in the day:
3:05 - 4:05 Jungle Cruise Fast pass
4-ish - 5-ish: Pirates
5-ish - 6-ish: Winnie the Pooh

Not too bad for morning of items.

Sholder Porg
Gwen tried out her sholder porg.

Eventually we dragged the girls out of bed to go to the pool. I know we are horrible parents, forcing our children to go swim! Andy was texting with his sister, as they had planned to do nothing today from the start. Only Aimee decided to come down and swim with us.

I sent the girls and Andy to the pool while I took a pit stop at the gift shop to see what I could get for cold medicine just in case I started to feel even worse. It was slime pickin's. But I bought way tooo pricey Delsym and Airborne. I also grabbed some Disney Uno cards that they had. I saved them for an advent calendar item in December.

I headed over and met them at the pool. We swam in the main pool for a bit and sat in the hot tub for awhile. Then we decided to grab some lunch at the pool bar area and head back tot he room for showers and some rest.

I wanted to get a picture of the girls in front of the temple water fall, as we were moving hotels tomorrow!
Pyramid Pic

We went and ordered some food after the pic.

I took a picture of the menu, as I remembered it beginning different than what was online...
Pool Bar Menu by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Morgan decided on Pretzel Bites.
Pretzel Bites
Which were fine. Nothing special.

Gwen got a Wagu Hot Dog - Gwen wanted Chicken Tenders but for some reason we thought she wanted the hot dog. So, she was wasn't happy at first, but got over it.
Wagu Hot Dog
The hot dog was pretty good, for a hot dog... Gwen ate mostly french fries and some of the hot dog out of protest...

Andy and I shared the Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos & Barbacoca Empanadas
Fish Tacos
Andy wanted these and they were terrible! But I kind of thought they wouldn't be that great.

Empanadas de Barboca
These were just ok, but alot better than the Fish Tacos.

We took our food to go and eat in the room. But as we were walking back to the room, we could see that house keeping was literally in our room now. So, we took the food to the quiet pool closest to our room and grabbed a table to eat.

It was hot out and after walking back and sitting out and eating, we had all gotten hot again. So, we took another dip in the quiet pool while we were there.

We had a "Squirrel Incedent" while we swam. I had layered Gwen's left over french fries in 3 different plates and napkins to protect them. Well, this one squirrel was determined to get a french fry! And it did! I managed to find one semi sticking out and pull it out! Gwen actually thought this was HILARIOUS!

We figured by now, was enough time to head back to the room. Where we rested, showered and got ready for the party that night.

Up next MNSSHP!

Perfectly relaxing pool morning! I always think those kind of days sound amazing, but when I'm there I'm like, "come on, family, let's go go go!!!!" I need reminders to slow down LOL

That's funny about the squirrel. I mean, can you blame him? Disney fries are pretty darn delicious! It was totally worth the effort to get one out :)

Sounds like a nice restful morning and a good choice. MNSSHP is a long night!
It was restful. But it always amazes me how quickly it goes by so fast.

Perfectly relaxing pool morning! I always think those kind of days sound amazing, but when I'm there I'm like, "come on, family, let's go go go!!!!" I need reminders to slow down LOL
It is so hard to do! Me not feeling 100% def helped me "relax". I really didn't want to be sick the rest of the trip.

Lovely photo of your daughters by the pool :)
Thanks. They didn't really want to take the pic.

Let's keep this train moving!!! Another installment coming up now!

Day Four: Back to Magic Kingdom and we do NON-Star Wars things!

My notes for this day are a little off. I think it was because I wasn't feeling 100%.

I think we left around 3:00 to head to Magic Kingdom. At any rate, I took this photo at 3:52, so we had made it back at Magic Kingdom.
Monorail

We technically missed our Jungle Cruise Fast Pass. but as luck would have it, we got an alert along the way that the ride was down. So, we got super lucky on that. And headed to our second fast pass.

Pirates Que

The New Red Head
I know everyone hates the change to the red head, but Gwen says it is now her favorite part...

Speaking of which, want to know what part is NOT Gwen's favorite part?
Untitled
The very beginining....

Once we get into the main large boat room she is fine.

After our boat ride, Andy was anxious to meet up with his sister. But we didn't really know where they were or what there plan were. I told Andy we could meet up with them as soon as they let us know, but I didn't want to just stand around waiting for them, when we had no idea where they were...

But Andy was admit.... So, he texted his sister. And we walked towards Magic Carpets for no reason other than Andy thought they might be there. (no idea why he that...

We waited a bit to hear from them Finally I said we should use our anytime Fast Pass. Relucantly, Andy agreed.

We decided to use our Anytime Fast Pass on Big Thunder Mountain.
Waited for the Back
The girls asked for the back and were granted there wish!

BTM Selfie
We were on the ride around 4:45.

I suggested we head to dinner before the party officially started. So, we headed to dinner at Columbia Harbor House. While we were heading that way, we finally heard from Andy's sister. They had just gotten to the park and were heading to there dinner reservation, at Diamond Horseshoe. So, we said we would meet up with them after we all ate.

We headed into Columbia Harbor House at 5:15 and It was EMPTY!!! We walked right up, and barely had time to decide what we wanted to eat. We ordered and headed up to our usually sitting area on the second floor.

Gwen went with Hush Puppies or shush puppies as she likes to call them....
Hushpuppies

French Fries
She also got an order of french fries. And she wanted a Rainbow Glow Cube. So, she got a cup of water with the glow cube.

Gwen's glow cube didn't work, so we had to head back down to get a replacement. A small line had formed by then, so we went over to the Mobile Order area to ask for a new one. Gwen and I patiently waited. The CM brought out someone's food. While we were waiting a guy came up after us. The CM asked us what we needed. We told her the problem. And she went to get a new one.

The guy who walked up after us and was SUPER impatient that his water only order wasn’t done already and that the CM was taking care of us first even though he came after us. I brushed it off, but it was an example of some people just not being well people...

Morgan decided on the Chicken Pot Pie and Orange Fanta Soda also with a Rainbow Glow Cube.
Chicken Pot Pie
Morgan loved the Chicken Pot Pie! I didn't eat any of it, so I don't know what it actually tasted like but she liked it.

Orange Fanta with Rainbow Glow Cube

Andy went with Lobster Roll and a Diet Coke
Lobster Roll
He said it was good. Not amazing and def not the best lobster roll he has ever had. But it was fine.

I went with the Lighthouse Sandwich
Lighthouse Sandwich
This was pretty good. It was light and felt slightly healthy. For a day of feeling just ok, this hit the spot.

Dinner here isn’t as good as it used to be. This used to be our favorite place to go, but the seafood portions have gone down. It's still ok but just not as good as it used to be.

After our meal, we headed to use our last fast pass of the evening, Winnie the Pooh!

Winnie the Pooh
We don't usually ride this ride. The girls never got into Winnie the Pooh when they were little. And the line for this is alwasy long and the ride is so short. But it is cute.

Winnie the Pooh

We were on and off in no time and still had time before meeting up with the Coleman’s so we went and rode Little Mermaid.

Ariel WaterFall

By 6:10 we were already doing the conga with some fish!
Ariel Dancing Fish

And dancing with Ariel
Ariel

After our ride under the sea, we found a photo pass person. So, we stopped for a photo.
Ariel PhotoPass

And then it was finally time to meet up with Andy's sister and family. So, we headed back towards Main Street.

Up next... MNSSHP officially begins and we double our party size!

Tinkerbell Gifts
Today Tinkerbell left some snack shirts. Which we didn't wear today since we were skipping the park in the morning. Oh well.
Love, love, love the dole whip shirts!!! Could use one to perk up my spirits right about now

Ugh too bad the food wasn't very good from here The menu certainly sounds delicious

We had a "Squirrel Incedent" while we swam. I had layered Gwen's left over french fries in 3 different plates and napkins to protect them. Well, this one squirrel was determined to get a french fry! And it did! I managed to find one semi sticking out and pull it out! Gwen actually thought this was HILARIOUS!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: What's the fun of being a squirrel living in Disney World if you can't have french fries for lunch?

My notes for this day are a little off. I think it was because I wasn't feeling 100%.
Hope you start to feel better

Speaking of which, want to know what part is NOT Gwen's favorite part?
I always forget that she hates the beginning. Cracks me up

But Andy was admit.... So, he texted his sister. And we walked towards Magic Carpets for no reason other than Andy thought they might be there. (no idea why he that...
I mean why wouldn't they be there its not like the Magic Kingdom is big place or anything :confused3

The guy who walked up after us and was SUPER impatient that his water only order wasn’t done already and that the CM was taking care of us first even though he came after us. I brushed it off, but it was an example of some people just not being well people...
Wow. He orders water only and then wanted to be served before you? Doesn't he know rainbow glow cubes trump water every day of the week

Lighthouse Sandwich
This was pretty good. It was light and felt slightly healthy. For a day of feeling just ok, this hit the spot.
I haven't had this sandwich in years but it was always one of my favorites. Its a strange combination of foods but definitely works and is a rare good tasting healthy option. Cause you know I'm all about health :earboy2:

That sounds like a nice, relaxing way to lead into the MNSSHP. You had a nice day at the pool and then managed a considerable number of rides before things were officially underway. I'm interested to hear about your party experience itself.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling great! Good idea to adjust your plans a bit, and you got some pretty decent same day FPs!

Sounds like a good time when you got to MK! And good luck that one of the FPs turned into an anytime pass!

I love Gwen's Vanellope outfit!! Super cute and functional--smart Mama!!

That rainbow glow cube is absolutely adorable. I hadn't seen that one yet, and of course now I must have it! I hope they still have them by the time I can go back.

But the girls woke up tired and I woke up not feeling great. So, we decided to just rest before the party.

Resting sounds like a great plan. I always say we're going to rest at lest one day but I just haven't been able to do that yet. It really stinks when you're getting sick at Disney. I hope it didn't last.

Very cute shirts.

Our original Fast Passes were:
9:10 - 10:10 Peter Pan
10:30 - 11:20 Tomorrowland Speedway
11:40 - 12:40 Haunted Mansion

Switched them all to fast passes later in the day:
3:05 - 4:05 Jungle Cruise Fast pass
4-ish - 5-ish: Pirates
5-ish - 6-ish: Winnie the Pooh

Not too bad for morning of items.

Pretty good.

I wanted to get a picture of the girls in front of the temple water fall, as we were moving hotels tomorrow!

Great picture and great photo op. We were suppose to be there for our first stay on April 8th. :guilty:

Totally understandable.

I know everyone hates the change to the red head, but Gwen says it is now her favorite part...

I'm sure Disney would appreciate knowing that.

We headed into Columbia Harbor House at 5:15 and It was EMPTY!!! We walked right up, and barely had time to decide what we wanted to eat. We ordered and headed up to our usually sitting area on the second floor.

This is a family favorite for us. Love getting out of the crowds and noise.

Morgan loved the Chicken Pot Pie! I didn't eat any of it, so I don't know what it actually tasted like but she liked it.

This does look good.

Andy went with Lobster Roll and a Diet Coke

This is our go to meal here.

After our ride under the sea, we found a photo pass person. So, we stopped for a photo.
Very nice family photo!

Looking forward to your party.

Dinner here isn’t as good as it used to be. This used to be our favorite place to go, but the seafood portions have gone down. It's still ok but just not as good as it used to be
This is how we felt recently about breakfast at Olivia's. It's so disappointing when the restaurants we love aren't as good anymore.
Hope you all are staying safe.

That is soooo Hard! Will they have a graduation? That makes me so sad!
We don't know yet unfortunately :( It's supposed to be 6/27 so most of us parents are still hopeful it will go on; there has been talk of doing something in the early summer if the June date can't happen. I think we just have to wait it out a bit longer. You guys aren't closed yet for the year are you?
The girls have one more week of school then a week of spring break. So, we will see a week of nothing goes!
We start remote learning Friday; still super thankful the boys are older lol!
We decided to use our Anytime Fast Pass on Big Thunder Mountain.
Perfect choice :thumbsup2
Wow good to know! I want to say Ricky got it once years ago? But I don't remember if he liked it or not and if I'm even thinking correctly at this point. It's not something any of us normally get but I always thought Chris would like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!