SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

Just to be clear, this is about Opening Day only, correct? That's why it's a separate thread, so Opening Day info doesn't get swallowed by other discussion in the main thread?
That's what I was going for. I know there are other threads on SWGE in general and a check in thread.

I'm going to move this thread to the older thread for people with SWGE opening day reservations. That way there will be only one thread for people to look for and go to when they need information.

I was listening to Jim Hills podcast on the way to work and he was reporting that the 8:00am group would enter through the Big Thunder Trail while the second group would stage on the Critter Country side, possibly in the queue for Rise of the Resistance.

I was listening to Jim Hills podcast on the way to work and he was reporting that the 8:00am group would enter through the Big Thunder Trail while the second group would stage on the Critter Country side, possibly in the queue for Rise of the Resistance.
I feel like Jim has been less reliable than usual on his SWGE information. The last couple podcasts that he really talked about it, he was stating some facts wrong, even after Disney had realeased the details. In that same podcast he also said they will hold guests from the later reservation in the Resistance gear store while they sweep the land from the previous reservation. That’s obviously wrong since the reservation times all overlap. Len said they would have new reservation groups entering the land every hour, instead of every 4, & Jim seemed to agree. And then they decided that Disney couldn’t possibly be closing early on June 2nd, but rather that different groups in Disney weren’t talking to each other, so the posted schedule is wrong. But the park is closing that night for a private event.

Despite all of this, I do still enjoy listening to Jim’s podcasts. But, I only take his history segments as fact. His statements as to what is coming in the future, I pretty much take as wild speculation. Much like these boards. A lot of what we bandie about has no real basis in fact, but it sure is fun to guess.

I feel like Jim has been less reliable than usual on his SWGE information. The last couple podcasts that he really talked about it, he was stating some facts wrong, even after Disney had realeased the details. In that same podcast he also said they will hold guests from the later reservation in the Resistance gear store while they sweep the land from the previous reservation. That’s obviously wrong since the reservation times all overlap. Len said they would have new reservation groups entering the land every hour, instead of every 4, & Jim seemed to agree. And then they decided that Disney couldn’t possibly be closing early on June 2nd, but rather that different groups in Disney weren’t talking to each other, so the posted schedule is wrong. But the park is closing that night for a private event.

Despite all of this, I do still enjoy listening to Jim’s podcasts. But, I only take his history segments as fact. His statements as to what is coming in the future, I pretty much take as wild speculation. Much like these boards. A lot of what we bandie about has no real basis in fact, but it sure is fun to guess.

I was also astonished at how very wrong they were in that podcast. I wonder if anyone tweets them about it. I've certainly never heard a correction on their podcast, or really anything but 100% certainty that they know what is going on.

I was also astonished at how very wrong they were in that podcast. I wonder if anyone tweets them about it. I've certainly never heard a correction on their podcast, or really anything but 100% certainty that they know what is going on.
Yep. I was sitting at work listening & caught myself almost yelling at them. It was strange how wrong they were because reservations had already been released, so the information was out there. It wouldn’t have taken much research to find the correct details. Even five minutes on these boards & they would have known what was really happening.

So, it looks like the overnight issue is resolved. NO camping onMay30-31. 6am lineup. The overnight is being managed through the strict parking lot policies.

This article now prepares us for the use of wristbands to identify groups and will surely use the front gates at esplanade to verify reservation for 8am people like they do for special events. Then I assume we will be lined up inside the park awaiting rope drop. Nice and orderly.

No sweeps or shutdown of the land at noon. CM “May” begin refusing service after our time is up. However, I imagine if you are legit in line, sitting at the cantina with an order placed, making a lightsaber, etc you will be allowed to finish your experience. I’m sure troopers/CM will be used to evacuate folks who try to add another experience after the window.

Also happy to see that accommodates will be made if the ride goes down!

All this being said, here is my opening day plan!!
1. Leave hotel at 5:45am for security and lines
2. Meet everyone for 2 hours before the fun begins :)
3. 8 am Savi’s or droid (whatever my birthday hubby wants) BTW, he has no idea we are going still!
4. Walk around and just take it in with the app
5. Ogga’s Cantina
6. Ride the Falcon!
7. Pass out on a park bench to process what just happened!!!

22 Days folks

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/...eservation-window-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

So, it looks like the overnight issue is resolved. NO camping onMay30-31. 6am lineup. The overnight is being managed through the strict parking lot policies.

This article now prepares us for the use of wristbands to identify groups and will surely use the front gates at esplanade to verify reservation for 8am people like they do for special events. Then I assume we will be lined up inside the park awaiting rope drop. Nice and orderly.

No sweeps or shutdown of the land at noon. CM “May” begin refusing service after our time is up. However, I imagine if you are legit in line, sitting at the cantina with an order placed, making a lightsaber, etc you will be allowed to finish your experience. I’m sure troopers/CM will be used to evacuate folks who try to add another experience after the window.

3. 8 am Savi’s or droid (whatever my birthday hubby wants) BTW, he has no idea we are going still!
5. Ogga’s Cantina
6. Ride the Falcon!

22 Days folks

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/...eservation-window-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

This is one of the greatest posts I have ever read on here - so excited! See you there at 5:45am!

You have a great plan. I think we will look round first and then get in the queue for the Falcon too.

5. Ogga’s Cantina
6. Ride the Falcon!

22 Days folks

Best news I heard all day!! Will be there 5:45 on May 31 also.

So this....

Know before you go is quoting parking lots as opening up at Midnight on May 31st. How many people are calling right now because that is technically a day later!?! Laughing right now. The good thing to note for hotel guests, is they clearly state that we get to sleep in. Stay tuned I guess!

Know before you go is quoting parking lots as opening up at Midnight on May 31st. How many people are calling right now because that is technically a day later!?! Laughing right now. The good thing to note for hotel guests, is they clearly state that we get to sleep in. Stay tuned I guess!
So, no overnight camping... but parking at midnight and hanging out is A-OK! I guess it's only camping if you arrive before midnight? lol. Aren't some places in DTD open until 2am anyway? Trader Sam's and Starbucks are usually open pretty late.

And for hotels guests... I guess we can sleep in... unless we want to be behind all the midnight parkers!! :faint:

This is gonna be fun. I'm super excited.

So, no overnight camping... but parking at midnight and hanging out is A-OK! I guess it's only camping if you arrive before midnight? lol. Aren't some places in DTD open until 2am anyway? Trader Sam's and Starbucks are usually open pretty late.

And for hotels guests... I guess we can sleep in... unless we want to be behind all the midnight parkers!! :faint:

This is gonna be fun. I'm super excited.
It means that the parking lot isn’t going to close on May 30 since the parks are open till midnight that night.

But the 5:30am opening on day 2 and onwards is notable.

Is anyone else thinking the crowds might not be as horrendous as most were thinking? There is still availability at DLH and GC for the night of 5/30, I got restaurant reservations for 5/31 last night with plenty of choices.

I was crunching some theoretical numbers last night and my thinking goes like this:
There are 5 groups of reservations, because of overlapping windows and opening day logistics each group is well below the maximum safe capacity of SWGE. Now consider SWGE max capacity is well below total park max capacity. If I am right in assuming most people without reservations will stay away from the park that day, it could mean a busy, but very manageable day as far as crowds go.

Maybe Yogi Berra was right, nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

Is anyone else thinking the crowds might not be as horrendous as most were thinking? There is still availability at DLH and GC for the night of 5/30, I got restaurant reservations for 5/31 last night with plenty of choices.

I was crunching some theoretical numbers last night and my thinking goes like this:
There are 5 groups of reservations, because of overlapping windows and opening day logistics each group is well below the maximum safe capacity of SWGE. Now consider SWGE max capacity is well below total park max capacity. If I am right in assuming most people without reservations will stay away from the park that day, it could mean a busy, but very manageable day as far as crowds go.

Maybe Yogi Berra was right, nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.
I’ve been saying all year that I think that crowds this summer will be lower than people seem to expect. I’m sure there will be some very busy times (June 24 seems likely to be a hot mess?), but soooooo many people are “staying away from the crowds” that it seems like that has to have an effect.

I mean, who knows? For sure the new “flex AP pass” might change things up, and I definitely do think there will be some crazy times - but consistently, all summer? I’m not so sure.

I’ve been saying all year that I think that crowds this summer will be lower than people seem to expect. I’m sure there will be some very busy times (June 24 seems likely to be a hot mess?), but soooooo many people are “staying away from the crowds” that it seems like that has to have an effect.

I mean, who knows? For sure the new “flex AP pass” might change things up, and I definitely do think there will be some crazy times - but consistently, all summer? I’m not so sure.

I 100% agree.

I'm prepared for crowds if they are there, but I'm honestly doubtful that it will be the mass of people that some think it will be. I think so many people will stay away that it might actually be pleasant. I suppose we'll only know when we get there :)

I do think some people cancelled or are waiting for rise of the resistance to be ready before booking a vacation.
Absolutely. If I wasn’t local, and was making a trip out for SW, it would be hard to pull that trigger missing 1/2 rides...

I was joking earlier, but looks like I was onto something. Just got off the phone with a reservation cm who confirmed (after triple checking) that the parking lots open to non-hotel guests at 5:30am May 31st. The midnight thing is related to staying open later (midnight is after 8am right?) than usual for the guests with last reservation window.

I can only imagine how many people are going to be confused by this, but not us right!

I was joking earlier, but looks like I was onto something. Just got off the phone with a reservation cm who confirmed (after triple checking) that the parking lots open to non-hotel guests at 5:30am May 31st. The midnight thing is related to staying open later (midnight is after 8am right?) than usual for the guests with last reservation window.

I can only imagine how many people are going to be confused by this, but not us right!

I’m confused. Per the video announcement, “If you plan to visit opening day, please note the parking lots open at midnight...after opening day, our parking lots will open no later than 5:30 a.m.”, and there’s a caption that reads, “ June 1 - parking opens at 5:30 a.m.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!