SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

So... don't listen to Touring Plans for this stuff?

That sound you hear is Len Testa talking out of his rear end.

Even the way the numbers are estimated in that article makes no sense. For instance, their hotel guest estimate does not mention that it is not one reservation per room per night, some rooms have no reservation because guests are staying three days but only got one reservation. Then he all but admits that the fact that all non-hotel reservations sold out means that the hotel guests are irrelevant -- fewer hotel guests means more online reservations and vice versa, but the end number will always be the same. So why even bring up the hotel capacity?

Also notice how the numbers are just blather that don't add up. He says capacity for SWGE is 15,000 but Disney will keep it at 10,000 (or 2,500 per hour for each four hour window). But then he says Disney would let in 27,000 guests per day, split into five groups. That means only 5,400 per group, which would be the maximum number of people in the area during the hours one group does not overlap with another. Then he says that he expect the Falcon ride to have a 3 hour wait, which would put 5,400 people in line. If there are 5,400 people in each group, and there are 5,400 people in line for the Falcon at any given time, wouldn't the rest of SWGE be a ghost town?

Don't believe the hype. Testa is consistently wrong on crowd predictions, he has been wrong in podcasts about SWGE facts that Disney already announced, and his own numbers do not make a lick of sense. The only way we can estimate is by looking at photos of the May 31 crowds and hearing reports of wait times. Whatever you hear on that day is likely to be close to the same on all subsequent days in the reservation period.

I just realized I never posted my opening day info which was the purpose of this thread!

TIME SLOT:
31st 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

GOALS:
  • Be patient.
  • Thank the CMs profusely for all of their hard work, preparation and patience.
  • Try not to cry hysterically when entering the land for the first time, but light tearing-up is ok.
  • Have lunch and a cocktail.
  • Build a droid, probably an R-unit but not sure which personality chip I want to go with, Resistance vs Dark Side but leaning toward Dark Side. Or maybe I'll get DJ Rex in tribute to my husband who passed and who was a huge SW fan and a former DJ.
  • Experience Smuggler's run last, probably will line up at 5:00 if this is allowed.
  • Not to start any controversy, but I do have a 2nd reservation opening day from 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m., so my plans may change based on whether we'll be allowed entry for this time slot since we already have the one at 2:00. To clarify, no, I didn't make multiple accounts to secure more than one reservation, no, I won't be upset at Disney if I'm not allowed to enter a 2nd time, no I wasn't trying to cheat the system, so please be kind.:duck:

Future questions I hope we get answers to:
1. When and where will people line up? Excellent question. We know folks with 8:00 a.m. reservations will need to line up in the esplanade for check-in. No info has been released yet regarding check-in for guests with later reservations.
2. Outfit goals? What’s allowed? I was going to SW bound, but I think I'll save that for a subsequent visit. I'll likely wear the white T with the glittery SW logo that they have in Star Traders. Which reminds me, I need to do a DL run so I can purchase it!
3. Commemorative Opening Day items I will be hoping for? Hmm, not sure. I have a feeling Disney hasn't released all they have in store for us on opening day, but I've prepared my wallet for the impact. Anyone have any inside info on commemorative items that I may have missed?

I just realized I never posted my opening day info which was the purpose of this thread!

TIME SLOT:
31st 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

GOALS:
  • Be patient.
  • Thank the CMs profusely for all of their hard work, preparation and patience.
  • Try not to cry hysterically when entering the land for the first time, but light tearing-up is ok.
  • Have lunch and a cocktail.
  • Build a droid, probably an R-unit but not sure which personality chip I want to go with, Resistance vs Dark Side but leaning toward Dark Side. Or maybe I'll get DJ Rex in tribute to my husband who passed and who was a huge SW fan and a former DJ.
  • Experience Smuggler's run last, probably will line up at 5:00 if this is allowed.
  • Not to start any controversy, but I do have a 2nd reservation opening day from 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m., so my plans may change based on whether we'll be allowed entry for this time slot since we already have the one at 2:00. To clarify, no, I didn't make multiple accounts to secure more than one reservation, no, I won't be upset at Disney if I'm not allowed to enter a 2nd time, no I wasn't trying to cheat the system, so please be kind.:duck:

Future questions I hope we get answers to:
1. When and where will people line up? Excellent question. We know folks with 8:00 a.m. reservations will need to line up in the esplanade for check-in. No info has been released yet regarding check-in for guests with later reservations.
2. Outfit goals? What’s allowed? I was going to SW bound, but I think I'll save that for a subsequent visit. I'll likely wear the white T with the glittery SW logo that they have in Star Traders. Which reminds me, I need to do a DL run so I can purchase it!
3. Commemorative Opening Day items I will be hoping for? Hmm, not sure. I have a feeling Disney hasn't released all they have in store for us on opening day, but I've prepared my wallet for the impact. Anyone have any inside info on commemorative items that I may have missed?

Excellent post. Future question number one, I have two different 8 am reservations, based on my numerous phone conversations to correct the names of my traveling party, I have been lead to believe that those of use with DLRH reservations will be issued wrist bands at checkin. Hope it is accurate.

So... don't listen to Touring Plans for this stuff?
For the most part, every crowd calendar, not just TP, tends to be inaccurate on DLR. That doesn’t stop them from trying though which can be very misleading for guests trying to make plans. In general I think TP is pretty good at WDW & ok on DLR. They can provide a lot of useful information on the parks & the rides.

But, when it comes to SWGE, I really think they’re reaching. They released a lot of incorrect information in some of their podcasts. And it wasn’t like they were theorizing or trying to make predictions. They were flat out stating wrong information that Disney had already released, so there was no reason for them not to know. It’s really frustrating too because they leave little room for doubt in the way they speak. So, someone that doesn’t know any better would believe their version of how things are going to run. And you rarely hear them retract something later or admit they were wrong. I just think they’ve been really lazy in their SWGE coverage, so I’m not trusting them to be right about anything regarding it.

For the most part, every crowd calendar, not just TP, tends to be inaccurate on DLR. That doesn’t stop them from trying though which can be very misleading for guests trying to make plans. In general I think TP is pretty good at WDW & ok on DLR. They can provide a lot of useful information on the parks & the rides.

But, when it comes to SWGE, I really think they’re reaching. They released a lot of incorrect information in some of their podcasts. And it wasn’t like they were theorizing or trying to make predictions. They were flat out stating wrong information that Disney had already released, so there was no reason for them not to know. It’s really frustrating too because they leave little room for doubt in the way they speak. So, someone that doesn’t know any better would believe their version of how things are going to run. And you rarely hear them retract something later or admit they were wrong. I just think they’ve been really lazy in their SWGE coverage, so I’m not trusting them to be right about anything regarding it.
Ah, okay, I see.

New info for us on opening day! Just watched this video and read the fine print from Disney, so we can trust it!

It says that lineups for merchandise within the parks will begin at 2am. Thus, it seems like there will be separate lines for those just going in to “be a part of it” and those with reservations. Brilliant if you ask me.

Check it out here:

Fun to know that AP members will have exclusive merch on opening day too.

A reliable source has informed me that they're testing guest check-ins at Launch Bay. I was previously told Starcade but that didn't make sense since the walkway is so narrow and leads to the exit/disability line for SM, so Launch Bay makes more sense. They set up check-in podiums last night in Launch Bay.

A reliable source has informed me that they're testing guest check-ins at Launch Bay. I was previously told Starcade but that didn't make sense since the walkway is so narrow and leads to the exit/disability line for SM, so Launch Bay makes more sense. They set up check-in podiums last night in Launch Bay.

Assuming for groups beginning at 11am?

Group: Darling Hubby, Darling Daughter (11), and overlly excited counting down the days Mom
TIME SLOT: 8 am to Noon (May 31)
GOALS: Millennium Falcon ride, we want to build our own driod, and we just want to see everything!
QUESTIONS: I want to know where and when to line up as well
we are staying at Paradise Pier thanks to our awesome travel agent. this was supposed to just be a quick little two day stay on our way to Mission Beach. She said, "stay on the bubble, you'll appreciate it." We booked and the trip months ago. We got lucky. I don't care if we are packed in like sardines. I'm just happy to be there.

Excited to be there in the last time slot opening day. The only thing that has me worried with merch now being sold around the parks it the parking situation. I purposely picked the last time slot since I have work till 2 that day but now I'm worried parking may be an issue :sad:

Sort of what we’ve been waiting on:

Seems like you will get your wrist band up to 2 hours before the reservation (8am presumably at the esplanade) and everyone else will go to Launch Bay throughout the day.

There is NO grand opening event at opening, so it seems like we just navigate our way like a special rope drop for 8am. Probably like how they did for Radiator Springs. Essentially, they walk us one way behind a rope the entire distance from Main Street to GE.

So the merch line is at 2am, but everyone else can get their wrist bands at 6am? And enter the park like usual? So line up at the turnstiles after you have your band? Still lots of questions if you’re at 8am.

Excited to be there in the last time slot opening day. The only thing that has me worried with merch now being sold around the parks it the parking situation. I purposely picked the last time slot since I have work till 2 that day but now I'm worried parking may be an issue :sad:
Check the disneyland today twitter throughout the day if you can. I've noticed when it fills up, it usually reopens by 4ish. Hopefully if that happens, that same pattern is followed.

Sort of what we’ve been waiting on:

Seems like you will get your wrist band up to 2 hours before the reservation (8am presumably at the esplanade) and everyone else will go to Launch Bay throughout the day.

There is NO grand opening event at opening, so it seems like we just navigate our way like a special rope drop for 8am. Probably like how they did for Radiator Springs. Essentially, they walk us one way behind a rope the entire distance from Main Street to GE.

So the merch line is at 2am, but everyone else can get their wrist bands at 6am? And enter the park like usual? So line up at the turnstiles after you have your band? Still lots of questions if you’re at 8am.

Thank you @usctrojans for posting this video. My DLEH confirmation does not have a QR code. I am hoping this means we can check in for the event at our hotel.

Time will tell.

Real answers!!! I was just given a new number for hotel reservations guests. 8888543104

According to my call this morning, we will be given our credentials for entry AT CHECK IN!
For 8 am guests, we will be allowed to line up starting at 6am for the turnstiles, then line up for rope drop like normal
That makes me so happy as it feels like a real Disney Opening!
She said to “walk purposely” to GE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter