SWGE Compared To Potter

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
From what is available so far,do you think SWGE will be considered "lesser" than Potter,the "equal" of Potter or a "step up" from Potter?

I’m hoping a step up. I wasn’t wildly impressed with Wizarding World—especially Universal’s ability to move people through lines and handle crowds. It was one and done for us. So far Disney has never produced anything that is one and done for us.

I'm hoping for equal or a step up. We are huge Harry Potter fans and I loved HP world. Love the rides, love the food and drinks, and most importantly love the level of immersion. Hoping Disney can do the same or better...DH will be a happy camper if so. And I'm pretty sure he'll never balk at another Disney trip again - so win win!

I’m hoping a step up. I wasn’t wildly impressed with Wizarding World—especially Universal’s ability to move people through lines and handle crowds. It was one and done for us. So far Disney has never produced anything that is one and done for us.

Are you a Potter fan?

I think Diagon Alley is much, much better done than Hogsmeade. If SWGE was on a par with Hogsmeade I’d be disappointed but I don’t think it will be. Based on what they’ve done with Pandora I think it will be as immersive, etc as Diagon Alley if not more so.

Are you talking In terms of crowds? Immersion? Attractions?
Yeah, they've done quite well on some things, and quite poorly on others. So exactly what would make a difference

I'm guessing the question is related to Immersion/Attractions, overall quality of the land. I think it's pretty well established that Universal failed horribly at crowds when it opened. They've learned A LOT since then. I don't think Disney will do anything near that bad. Disney does seem to handle crowds well, majority of the time. Though they do have failures sneak in there every once in a while.

Anyway, Disney did a great job with Pandora, in my opinion, on all 3 areas. Sure, there is room for improvement, no ones perfect but still think it was successful opening. I think in this area they are quite close to how Universal did with both Potter areas. I find Potter areas quite Immersive, with the Diagon Alley area better than the Hogsmeade area. But the Hogsmeade rides better.

The did not do as well with TSL, which has been pretty well lamented. Short cuts, disappointments all around.

Which will happen for GE? I am leaning to thinking they are not going to fall short. This is much bigger than TSL in terms of fandom. So failing will be a bigger impact. So I'm leaning more to it ending up closer to what they did with Pandora in terms of immersion and attractions. We'll see I guess.

Yeah, they've done quite well on some things, and quite poorly on others. So exactly what would make a difference

I'm guessing the question is related to Immersion/Attractions, overall quality of the land. I think it's pretty well established that Universal failed horribly at crowds when it opened. They've learned A LOT since then. I don't think Disney will do anything near that bad. Disney does seem to handle crowds well, majority of the time. Though they do have failures sneak in there every once in a while.

Anyway, Disney did a great job with Pandora, in my opinion, on all 3 areas. Sure, there is room for improvement, no ones perfect but still think it was successful opening. I think in this area they are quite close to how Universal did with both Potter areas. I find Potter areas quite Immersive, with the Diagon Alley area better than the Hogsmeade area. But the Hogsmeade rides better.

The did not do as well with TSL, which has been pretty well lamented. Short cuts, disappointments all around.

Which will happen for GE? I am leaning to thinking they are not going to fall short. This is much bigger than TSL in terms of fandom. So failing will be a bigger impact. So I'm leaning more to it ending up closer to what they did with Pandora in terms of immersion and attractions. We'll see I guess.
Having the lightsaber building experience be reservations only is a big step up from the horrendous lines to get a Banshee in Pandora.

will this guarantee access to SWGE ? might need to be pre-paid.....
I think (not sure) that reservations will be made in the store in the morning so you will need to already be inside. Afterwards I'm not sure if you leave if they allow you back in with only the reservation time, also don't know if it has to be paid when you reserve or when you're done

I can only compare to something like custom made avatar or face painting in Pandora
If you got in and got your face painted you could bring your receipt back later in the day and it would guarantee you got back in for touch ups and our receipt to pick up our doll guaranteed we got back in no matter what the crowds were

For both of those you had to get in first too

Love the Wizarding World. Disney better exceed it though with SWGE, or there will be a great cry from the universe:rolleyes1Seriously though, they have way more money, time, and expertise. If they can’t improve upon it, then Disney isn’t worthy of the name or the praise.

I think Diagon Alley is much, much better done than Hogsmeade. If SWGE was on a par with Hogsmeade I’d be disappointed but I don’t think it will be. Based on what they’ve done with Pandora I think it will be as immersive, etc as Diagon Alley if not more so.

I agree with this completely. However, Diagon Alley is more specifically and intricately defined in the books, so it makes sense that it'd feel more immersive.

Diagonal Alley

:lmao:

I think Pandora is incredible. I also think Diagon Alley is incredible. ToyStoryland was a big, fat dud for me. Lazy, boring, poorly laid out, super cramped. I hope SWGE is everything TSL isn’t.

I think Pandora is incredible. I also think Diagon Alley is incredible. ToyStoryland was a big, fat dud for me. Lazy, boring, poorly laid out, super cramped. I hope SWGE is everything TSL isn’t.
Well part of the current issue of TSL is it is a dead end. Once SWGE opens it won't be just a dead end.

Part of the issue (I see) with Toby Story Land is that disney pushed it and marketed t like this major, major thing and something to plan trips around, etc ... when t is more of a mini-land, something to help with crowds coming for GE, something for kids, etc. if it had opened at the same time or after GE and wasn’t part she’d so hard, it think it would be viewed differently

I think it is fine for what it is and I think Slinky Dog is a really fun ride but the land itself is not a top tier level area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter