SWGE - DHS capacity?

Cbrtls5

Mouseketeer
I’m considering a trip to the opening of GE. I’ve gone back and forth on staying on property. Do you think it will get to capacity that only resort guests will be allowed in? Would I be risking entrance by not staying onsite? TIA

I’m considering a trip to the opening of GE. I’ve gone back and forth on staying on property. Do you think it will get to capacity that only resort guests will be allowed in? Would I be risking entrance by not staying onsite? TIA
You could also just book a dining reservation, that will allow you entrance all the way up to phase 3, If the park hits phase 4 no one is allowed to enter

You could also just book a dining reservation, that will allow you entrance all the way up to phase 3, If the park hits phase 4 no one is allowed to enter
And phase 4 is very rare. I don’t believe DHS has ever hit that. They could certainly here but it’s not as likely. I definitely could see the earlier phases hit opening day and maybe into a few days after.

This answers my question. I was wondering whether to cancel my ADR in case the park hits capacity and we can't get in after our mid-afternoon break. Will probably keep the ADR then.

Arriving 10/31 from the Disney Magic cruise ship for the day. Planning on arriving at AK 8:30am and wanted to try to make FP at HS for early afternoon. What happens if they close the park due to capacity and you have 3 FP for that park? I originally was planning on starting at HS but with EMH starting at 6am - 9am ,I felt everything would be a long wait already. Avoiding Galaxy’s Edge. Wanted to try SDD, RaRC,TOT.

I read somewhere there are different tiers for capacity closings. It has to be extremely crowded before they stop letting in people with dining reservations or fastpasses. This has only happened a few times I think. I don't know all the details but you could probably do a google search. I doubt it will get to that level for Halloween. It's usually the winter holidays.

I read somewhere there are different tiers for capacity closings. It has to be extremely crowded before they stop letting in people with dining reservations or fastpasses. This has only happened a few times I think. I don't know all the details but you could probably do a google search. I doubt it will get to that level for Halloween. It's usually the winter holidays.
Thank you for the info.

I think the concern is Studios and the Star Wars mania. Frankly, no one knows how that is going to affect anything yet.

I doubt it will close due to capacity, but the weekends at DHS are expected to be very busy, because of this equation: tourists + local AP users = chaos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!