SWGE RUMOR

I tend to agree with comments that this standby line will be put in place after June 23 when AP blackouts start. Disney have been quite clear that you will only be able to enter SW:GE with a no cost reservation. Disney always play their cards close to their chest and don’t tend to release such specific details until they are sure, they would be even more vague than they are been now.
I’m also wondering a little about this “early opening” and “last minute decision” stuff. There have been heavily reduces prices on tickets all ending on May 23rd this year. These have been available since last year so maybe they have always intended some sort of soft opening period toward the end of May.
They’re also opening on a Friday which most speculation said wouldn’t happen so as to not annoy locals and clog the i5 on a busy commuter day so who knows . . . . . . .
All the best.

Well, to address a couple points:

Disneyland has a ticket deal every year between Jan and May and it always ends right before Memorial day weekend, so nothing new there. Memorial Day this year is on the 27th. The 24th is a Friday, so ending the deal on the 23rd is in line with previous years.

Friday mornings in So Cal are actually fairly light commuter days, for a reason I have not yet figured out. Friday is probably the best day to do this, from that perspective. You won't have the huge potential crowds of a weekend and it's the lightest traffic day of the workweek.

Friday mornings in So Cal are actually fairly light commuter days, for a reason I have not yet figured out. Friday is probably the best day to do this, from that perspective. You won't have the huge potential crowds of a weekend and it's the lightest traffic day of the workweek.
Mornings yes, the problem is the congestion this will cause starting around 4 PM, if you work anywhere in the area, ask your boss if you can do a half day that day, then go home and hide.....seriously, the issue isn't going to be in the morning, it will be in the evening.

As a DLR CM, I can back up what Westsider is saying about ROTR. It's pretty bad, from what I have heard from multiple people, a November opening is even being a bit hopeful.
That is what I have been hearing from CMs as well, really the ROTR is the most credible part of their information to me as I have heard almost identical accounts from numerous people since the day they announced the opening dates.

I tend to agree with comments that this standby line will be put in place after June 23 when AP blackouts start. Disney have been quite clear that you will only be able to enter SW:GE with a no cost reservation. Disney always play their cards close to their chest and don’t tend to release such specific details until they are sure, they would be even more vague than they are been now.
I’m also wondering a little about this “early opening” and “last minute decision” stuff. There have been heavily reduces prices on tickets all ending on May 23rd this year. These have been available since last year so maybe they have always intended some sort of soft opening period toward the end of May.
They’re also opening on a Friday which most speculation said wouldn’t happen so as to not annoy locals and clog the i5 on a busy commuter day so who knows . . . . . . .
All the best.
I have my doubts that there will be a standby line, but I could also see them relenting and having to do one to avoid mass complaints at City Hall, so who knows.

As for the ending dates of the promos, this is inline with when the promos always end, so nothing new here.

So does this mean if you are staying on the Harbor side, you'd have to take a taxi or walk all the way around the property to enter on the Downtown Disney side? Or go through security on one end and just walk straight through until you reach the Pumba parking lot?

I read this whole thread and don't understand........ is the Harbor side not accessible? That changes my booking plans if that's the case. Was about to book the Tropicana in June.

Well, to address a couple points:

Disneyland has a ticket deal every year between Jan and May and it always ends right before Memorial day weekend, so nothing new there. Memorial Day this year is on the 27th. The 24th is a Friday, so ending the deal on the 23rd is in line with previous years.

I know a bunch of people that have every other Friday off that work on a 9/80 in the aerospace industry so I’m sure that has some affect.

hope the ride is up by feb 27th next year>>> we're going for my husbands birthday (so he can see HM without the Christmas overlay again... my son's bday is oct and mines nov and we have gone many times but for Halloween and Christmas time it is just the best) but this trip is for hubs so were going way different times than normal and its all for his star wars stuff he is huge fan.

I bet your hubby will enjoy the trip for his birthday! I hope all the rides you want running will be! Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter