Switch out California Grill?

BriLovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

We currently have a California Grill dinner reservation for one of the nights of MVMCP but we're thinking about changing it to something else not in MK. Any ideas? We were planning on being in AK but haven't had any dinner experiences there.

Yak & Yeti is fantastic. Generous portions, delicious food, and decent prices plus great theming and service.

Depending on what you like, a second vote for Tiffins. Yak and Yeti is another good choice. We like both. For QS, Flame Tree is not bad either.

Tiffin's is an excellent choice if you wish to stay in the park. Yak & Yeti is fine but the quality has diminished slightly our last couple of trips. As another also mentioned, Jiko is a great choice if you go out of the park.

Are you still looking to do it on that same MVMCP night? Don't doors open at 4:00? I would stick with a restaurant closer to the MK.

Are you still looking to do it on that same MVMCP night? Don't doors open at 4:00? I would stick with a restaurant closer to the MK.

We are still looking for a dinner for MVMCP night. December 21. We will be paying OOP so we don't want anything too expensive and I just don't know if Cali Grill is worth the price. We were planning on leaving MK around 4:00 to head to AK so we could see Pandora light up in the evening.

If you want to eat in AK, then Yak and Yeti may be the better option or one of the QS locations. Tiffins and Jiko are both good, but pricey. At AKL, Boma is really good and less expensive and gives you the option of many choices at the buffet. You could eat there and then take the bus to AK.

We are still looking for a dinner for MVMCP night. December 21. We will be paying OOP so we don't want anything too expensive and I just don't know if Cali Grill is worth the price. We were planning on leaving MK around 4:00 to head to AK so we could see Pandora light up in the evening.
I get it! Sorry, I was confused. I thought you were going to the MVMCP.

California Grill is one of our must-do's but in your case I would book something at AK instead. We really love Yak & Yeti for table service. I also really like the counter service options at AK. The Harambe Market, Flame Tree BBQ and the Satu'li Canteen are all very good. I especially love the entree bowls at Satu'li. Since you're paying OOP and you're going to see Pandora at night, I would probably choose Satu'li. Another option would be the ROL package at Tusker House. It's expensive, but I really liked the food and character interaction.

Based on the updates, I might also suggest Sanaa at AKL, specifically Kidani. Moderately priced, excellent food (especially the bread service which is, in itself, a meal), good service, and good wine & drinks list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter