Swoop and TSA precheck/trusted traveler #

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
Anyone here who has a trusted traveler # flown with Swoop before? I don't see anywhere on their website where you can enter your trusted traveler # so that you can get TSA precheck. My WJ and Delta accounts both have this.

Even though I have a Nexus card number entered into WJ and AC, every single time I do online check in, it insists I enter the number and doesn't show it at all and this is for both airlines. For DH, it's hit or miss. One of the last times we flew back from MCO (I don't recall if it was WJ or AC), DH's electronic boarding pass did not show TSA precheck even though it was entered so we asked at the counter and they had to redo it so that it would show.

Half the time I try to use my Nexus card to get a printed boarding pass at the airport kiosks at Pearson or MCO, it says it's not valid or doesn't match my name or something (it does match but won't acknowledge it - DH has no such issues). Someone from AC told me to use my passport first instead and then it will later ask about Nexus card and that's more reliable (which it does seem is the case).

You may have to wait for online check in and see what happens. If it doesn't ask you for it, you may need to go to the counter and ensure that it says precheck on the boarding pass. Although having it stated on the boarding pass seems to be less of an issue in Canadian airports than US ones as long as you have the card, but in the US, if it does not say TSA Precheck they won't let you through the line even if you have the card. Learned that the hard way. They've been making changes the last few years (last time we flew to MCO we were looking for the Nexus lines and it now says Global whatever and the process is slightly different - threw us for a bit) and that seems to have made things a bit glitchy. At least that's been my experience. I don't know on whose side this is - the airlines or the trusted traveller service or both.

Even though I have a Nexus card number entered into WJ and AC, every single time I do online check in, it insists I enter the number and doesn't show it at all and this is for both airlines. For DH, it's hit or miss. One of the last times we flew back from MCO (I don't recall if it was WJ or AC), DH's electronic boarding pass did not show TSA precheck even though it was entered so we asked at the counter and they had to redo it so that it would show.

Half the time I try to use my Nexus card to get a printed boarding pass at the airport kiosks at Pearson or MCO, it says it's not valid or doesn't match my name or something (it does match but won't acknowledge it - DH has no such issues). Someone from AC told me to use my passport first instead and then it will later ask about Nexus card and that's more reliable (which it does seem is the case).

You may have to wait for online check in and see what happens. If it doesn't ask you for it, you may need to go to the counter and ensure that it says precheck on the boarding pass. Although having it stated on the boarding pass seems to be less of an issue in Canadian airports than US ones as long as you have the card, but in the US, if it does not say TSA Precheck they won't let you through the line even if you have the card. Learned that the hard way. They've been making changes the last few years (last time we flew to MCO we were looking for the Nexus lines and it now says Global whatever and the process is slightly different - threw us for a bit) and that seems to have made things a bit glitchy. At least that's been my experience. I don't know on whose side this is - the airlines or the trusted traveller service or both.

Thanks. That is very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!