t-minus seven months till my first 1/2...wait...WHAT?!?

mandyyyrose

Mouseketeer
Hey there!
To start off...I have run two 5k in my life, and I'm registered to walk/run my first 1/2 marathon on June 22nd. I'm pushing a little more each day, currently I can run 5 miles and feel good, so I'm hoping by June that I'm ready. My main goal is just to finish! Any advice or words of encouragement/tricks of the trade are welcome!

Oh, a little about me:
CW: 165
GW: 140
Running history: Color Me Rad - August 2013
Color Me Rad - October 2013
Gym/Outdoor Running: Up to 5 miles, 12-14 min mile

Good luck! What is the half marathon you are runnin? I have a goal to do a half by the end of the year, which I have broken up into segments including a 5k and 10k. I am currently using Couch to 5k app which is really nice. I have a zombie for a trainer which makes the run much more fun.

Its "the biggest loser' run in Erie, Pa. Five hours is given to complete it, so hopefully I finish under that! :-)

Glad to see you're going to post about the journey! I'm sure you can rock out a half with some training...I did one a few years back the dumbest way possible- I kinda let it go and barely really trained but I did finish it. I don't suggest this method at all, but know if I could do it that way, you can so own it & get done in way less than 5 hours!

I think the trick is just keep on keeping on. :banana:

Oops, I actually forgot about this page. So, last weeks total:
4 runs
14 miles cumulative
3:45 hours cumulative
working with couch to 13.1 running schedule.
trying to eat better too, no soda!

Hi Mandy,
I am so glad I read this! I didn't know about that half marathon in Erie!! I have been looking at the Cleveland one in May, but knowing this is a half not mixed with a full, and the extra hour to complete just in case, and it's cheaper, I may just do this one instead! It will also be my first, and I will walk it.

Do you know anything about the course as far as hills, etc.?

THANKS! Happy Training! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! If I end up going with this one I will definitely let you know and would love to say HI to a fellow DIS walker! :thumbsup2

Pushed to a 6 mile run last tuesday, hoping to try for 8 tomorrow. My weight hasnt changed much. Did a short(1.33) walk today with my dog, thats about it.

Are you doing a run/walk/run program?

I started one about 3 weeks ago and my long runs have already gone from 4 miles to 7.5 miles, and I still feel good afterwards. I was free training for a 10k in August but have started loosely following a Jeff Galloway program since I'm now planning on my first half being the Avengers in Nov.

I am in decent shape but was really going back and forth on whether a half would be fun or misery but after starting that program last month I'm feeling pretty confidant. It's a bit shocking how well the program works to keep my legs fresh and energy levels up.

I've been doing a program I found on pinterest, cant think of the name at the moment. I started at walking two miles, now I'm at about 7. This is sort of a break week because I got a nasty blister on my heel, trying for a long run of 8-9 next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter