T-Shirt to vulgar for disney?

Meglen

DIS Veteran
My husband is a HUGE deadpool fan and we are going to disney in a few weeks and he saw this shirt and loved it but I was worried it would be flagged as a "no go" and be asked to changed inside disney. Kids might jsut read Dead pooh and think hes dead.. and not really understand :/ what do you guys think? and I over thinking it?

Attachments

• deadpooh.jpg
    deadpooh.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 451
I would think that Deadpool is popular enough in the sense that if adults haven't seen the movie or read the comics, they've at least heard of it, and grasp that he's a superhero/comic book character. Kids may not be as aware (and I would hope that little ones have NOT seen the movie), but I would think most parents could explain to them that it's Pooh dressed up as a superhero.

On a side note, my mom has for years called the cuddly bear "Winnie the Pool," and I can totally picture her reading that shirt as "Dead Pool." :lmao:

Eh, the image doesn't look any scarier than some of the Star Wars stuff they sell at Disney. (And if a kid is old enough to read, they're old enough for a parent to explain that it's from a sound-alike movie character's name, and Pooh is not dead.)

Nope - not appropriate - we were there over thanksgiving and someone had on a smilitar shirt and was told they had to turn it inside out

Totally off subject, but I don't like the background being red. Too much of one color, so I say scrap it. :tilt: But that is just my opinion. LOL As for it being offensive, not in my opinion.

No idea what Dead Pool or Dead Pooh(?) t shirts look like but if you think there will be any misunderstanding leave it at home.
Problem solved.

i honestly can't tell if the people who claim the shirt is inappropriate are being sarcastic lmao

it's literally a shirt with winnie the pooh and a deadpool reference. if you think that is inappropriate, please let me know how it is non appropriate for a theme park that owns the marvel franchise. yes some marvel movies are not appropriate for kids, but the characters themselves are icons and heroes.

yes, the movie is R-rated. is the movie R-rated because of the character itself (the costume)? no. it is R-rated because of the graphic violence of the movie.

i say go for it.

i honestly can't tell if the people who claim the shirt is inappropriate are being sarcastic lmao

it's literally a shirt with winnie the pooh and a deadpool reference. if you think that is inappropriate, please let me know how it is non appropriate for a theme park that owns the marvel franchise. yes some marvel movies are not appropriate for adults, but the characters themselves are icons and heroes.

yes, the movie is R-rated. is the movie R-rated because of the character itself (the costume)? no. it is R-rated because of the graphic violence of the movie.

i say go for it.
Yeah, that’s my line of thinking. I don’t believe Disney security is really censoring shirts they just don’t like, if they don’t fall within the profanity/nudity/graphic violence/hate speech realm. I mean, yes they can do whatever they want, but they aren’t about to start dictating what you can and can’t wear. This isn’t a military state lol. It’s a theme park. No one is standing at the entrance checking your clothes. And I’ve seen far far worse tbh.

And if you’ve actually seen Deadpool (which.Disney owns) then you would get the humor. It’s in line with the theme and tone of the movie. Their movie lol

it's literally a shirt with winnie the pooh and a deadpool reference. if you think that is inappropriate, please let me know how it is non appropriate for a theme park that owns the marvel franchise. yes some marvel movies are not appropriate for kids, but the characters themselves are icons and heroes.

i say go for it.

I'm not being sarcastic - i am dead serious

The problem is that kids might read "Dead Pooh" and get upset -

Like several PP have stated - if you have to ask, you already know the answer

God Bless!

I'm not being sarcastic - i am dead serious

The problem is that kids might read "Dead Pooh" and get upset -

Like several PP have stated - if you have to ask, you already know the answer

God Bless!

Any kid old enough to read that is old enough not to get upset by it imo. My girls would giggle at it. And they haven’t even seen Deadpool but they know who he is and what it’s about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!