TA ? - Help!

tikkipoo

DIS Veteran
Tell me what you think...

I thought I would give a TA a try this trip. I went online to one of the reputable Disney TAs and submitted a quote request. They said 24 hours, I gave them 24 hours - no quote. So I emailed the customer service and asked if there was a problem - an hour later, I got a quote. Okay, fine, people get busy, I can go with this.

Then, when I got the quote, I had a few questions. That seemed to go okay and they said call anytime to reserve. So, I tried...voicemail every time. Okay, people are busy.

I emailed info to them and waited about two days with no response. Emailed an "is everything okay?" email and got a response about how "with the new deal it was very hectic. Let me know when you are going to call and I will be available." I said 11am okay? - No response. I called at that time, got voice mail.

Alright... I decided I would email them all the info they would need - or so I think they need. Did that two days ago. No response.:rolleyes1

Is this normal? Should I expect to wait more than two days for a response from a TA? I was so looking forward to having the help of a TA this trip. I need help to organize all the people I'm planning for. I feel so frustrated! :upsidedow

I don't want to say which company it was, but it was one of the very popular ones - and I even did research into the agent that was helping me to see if others had luck with them. And they both checked out.

I am so confused as to what is going wrong!

It's possible they might be swamped with the 4/3 deal that Disney has going on right now and also Southwest has dropped their fares big time so that might be another reason but it still is not a good reason to ignore your questions. They are a business after all, and if they want the business it should be all about the customer.

I have used a TA for all of my trips, with no waiting like you are talking about. Usually I get a response within a few hours, a day at most. If I were you, I'd honestly find a TA that wanted your business more.

That's what I'm starting to think. I can deal with not being responded to immediately, but waiting 3-4 days is making me really nervous. I think I will just do it myself like always.

Just out of curiosity, what did you want your TA to do for this trip?

I used a TA for my first trip because I work about 70 hours a week (own business) and had no time for all of the planning, making reservations etc...so that is what she did for me, all of my dining reservations, tours, tee times (DH thinks WDW is all about golf), airport transfers...etc. If you want a TA for that mine is excellent.

I think I also like a person who is as excited about my Disney trips as I am.

My family is sick of hearing me talk about it. :)

Well, I finally discussed it with them. I have decided to stay with her. It was explained to me that they'd been on the phone almost this entire time getting all the current customers into the new 4/7 deal and booking new customers with travel dates coming soon. They prioritize phone calls/emails on the vacation date. They assured me that I would get the same excelent attention when my dates came closer.

So, I thought about it, and it makes sense. If you have a lot of clients and only so much time per day, it isn't going to be high on the list to get back to someone who's trip isn't for another 11 MONTHS TODAY:banana:

I'm sure it will work out:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter