Table Service Credit Question

MICHELLE SULLIVAN

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked before, I can't find the answer.
Disney's website states 1 table service credit includes:
1 Entree
1 Dessert
1 Beverage (single serving alcoholic or nonalcoholic)

Can you substitute appetizers for dessert? Or maybe DH and I can split an appetizer and a dessert? Each using 1 TS credit?

I know the website says to ask your server for substitutions but was curious if anyone can confirm this is allowed.

No. It’s not an appetizer, it’s usually a small side salad or fruit. I’d just recommend paying for the appetizer out of pocket if you want one.

You really do need to ask your server.
It can vary on the restaurant.
The CM actually offered the swap at Le Cellier since my sister and I both wanted beer cheese soup.
You could always pay for the app out of pocket if you really want it and they say you cannot sub.

The general concensus is a pretty hard "no." If you ask you may be granted the sub, but I have heard relatively few people here have been allowed the sub. The eatery may allow a cup of soup, a side salad or some fruit, but that seems to be it.

I would plan to pay OOP for anything that is not offered on the plan. WE allowed for one or two OOP appetizers at dinner, but ended up only ordering a few at Kona, where we were paying OOP for the meal.

In cases where it has been allowed in the past, it's as said above...a small side salad, a small bowl of fruit, cup of soup, etc...basically, something pre-prepared and non-labor intensive. They're not going to allow a full appetizer that has to be prepared in the kitchen in exchange for a dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter