Tables in wonderland card not scanning?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Tried to use ourTIW card at POP food court and it wouldn't scan. CM tried it several times but it wouldn't register. Wonder if it demagnitized as it was purchased last year and left in my wallet till now. Can the resort issue a new card, or do we need to go to Guest Services? We don't need to be reimbursed for anything as the CM "pixie dusted" the meal due to the issue.

We often have problems with the paper (or whatever it is) card we buy at guest services. We’ve been calling and getting a plastic card mailed to us. The paper card works fine at TS restaurants but there are often problems with using the card at counter service restaurants.

I have also experienced such problems multiple times. Last time, I went to a Guest service location to report the issue and to ask for a new card, which was issued to me. But the problems continued even with this brand new card. However, I didn't know that plastic card were also available.

The problem is that the card is activated on the day you buy it and they say to allow a few weeks for mailing. We go 2 or 3 times a year so we get our money’s worth. It’s good for 13 months too so you do get some extra time to make up for mailing time. We’ve had more than one CM comment on how much they like the plastic card. It’s only available through the mail - no plastic cards at guest relations.

Oh and they don’t count the month you buy the card when calculating the expiration. The card we bought on May 2, 2018 expired on June 30, 2019.

Last edited:

Some do. The counter service restaurants in AK and food courts in certain resorts. (I believe it is good at resorts that don’t have a table service restaurant but I’m not sure if that’s still the rule.) They’re all listed on the TIW website.

I didn't think counter service resturants accepted Tables in Wonderland.

The best resource to quickly find out who accepts which discount plans is to download the mouseperks plus app on your phone. You can filter by park, resort, DS locations. It will tell you which discount is accepted (DVC, AP, TiW, etc) & if there are any restrictions such as time of day.

And yes, there are some QS locations that accept TiW.

They demagnetize relatively often. Guest Services can print you a new one.

QS at the values do accept TIW. Also the one at Saratoga Springs, and all of the older QS at Animal Kingdom (all except Harambe Market and Satuli). They exempt the family-style dining programs now being offered at Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus.

Also it might take awhile for the third party restaurants, like the ones at Disney Springs, to opt in. Jaleo is on the list now, but not the new Wolfgang Puck.

Last edited:
We have never had a problem with TS but had the exact same issue with our paper card at POP a few weeks ago. Our current card expires the end of August so I am going to call and order a plastic one over the phone and hope it arrives before our early October trip.

We have never had a problem with TS but had the exact same issue with our paper card at POP a few weeks ago. Our current card expires the end of August so I am going to call and order a plastic one over the phone and hope it arrives before our early October trip.
We had problems with the paper card last October and were going back in November. We called and they express-mailed us a plastic replacement card. We received it 2 days later. Maybe it depends on how much the person you talk to is willing to help.

We had problems with the paper card last October and were going back in November. We called and they express-mailed us a plastic replacement card. We received it 2 days later. Maybe it depends on how much the person you talk to is willing to help.
Thanks very much, good to know!

THIS. "Paper" (not really paper) TIW cards are INFAMOUS for this problem. DW & I buy ours over the phone directly from the TIW folks. They are HARD PLASTIC. EVERY trip, EVERY Restaurant thanks us for having "the good card".

Yes! Every time I've pulled it out the server or cashier has said "Oh thank you for having this one!" and said that the other always gives problems.

Have had that problem frequently with the paper card. Especially when we use it frequently (isn't that the point of it?). There is a plastic one you can get if you order it before your trip, never tried this. Have had to have them print up a new one for us several times. Not a big deal.

When we called last year, we were told they were “well aware” of the problem with the paper cards. Instead of making people repeatedly have new cards printed or call to order ones that actually work, one wonders why they don’t fix the problem.

Tried to use ourTIW card at POP food court and it wouldn't scan. CM tried it several times but it wouldn't register. Wonder if it demagnitized as it was purchased last year and left in my wallet till now. Can the resort issue a new card, or do we need to go to Guest Services? We don't need to be reimbursed for anything as the CM "pixie dusted" the meal due to the issue.

Happened all the time, especially at POP. They have ability to input it manually I don't know why they often waste so much time trying ... when they know that. One year I got it replaced at DS because I tired of those who wanted to win the battle with the card rather than do it manually.

I didn't think counter service resturants accepted Tables in Wonderland.

Yup. If there is no TS so Values and POFQ and also at AK because of limited TS available ... Used to be some at DS but I think since they've added more variety they might be gone.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

Happened all the time, especially at POP. They have ability to input it manually I don't know why they often waste so much time trying ... when they know that. One year I got it replaced at DS because I tired of those who wanted to win the battle with the card rather than do it manually.

Yup. If there is no TS so Values and POFQ and also at AK because of limited TS available ... Used to be some at DS but I think since they've added more variety they might be gone.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

AK except Satu’li unless that has changed very recently. :(

AK except Satu’li unless that has changed very recently. :(

Oh no not all QS, but at least some ... for now. I keep waiting for them to disappear there now that there are so many more options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter