TABLES IN WONDERLAND COST

I'm a big fan of the TIW card. But I'm always traveling with at least 4 people and eat TS dinner everyday at WDW and maybe one character breakfast. JZ gives a good simple number on it.If it was just me and my wife for a week in WDW I may have a hard time spending 750 0n TS.Then I would use my DVC discount or Disney visa discount. I don't use DDP anymore.But with 4 people it's never a problem.We usually go for a week once a year.It's good for 13 months so if you're going more then once in that time period it's even better. So how many people are you traveling with and how many TS meals will you be having. It mostly covers TS meals but there are QS places that do take it they are mainly at the resorts with a very small amount at the parks. Going to the TIW webpage will give you a definite list of restaurants and also blackout dates.

There are lots of variables as to whether it is worth it.
If you travel with a group, you can save money. If you drink alcohol with your meal or the lounges, you can save money. If you don't have an AP, it can save a huge amount of money. If you have an AP, the calculations get more complicated as you have to figure that discount into your real savings. It also depends on the type of restaurants that you eat at. If you eat at many Signature restaurants, you will save money.
There are many estimates as to what you have to spend to save money with the card. If you don't have an AP, then above about $750 in restaurant charges you will save money. If you have an AP (factoring in that "free discount"), the number is probably closer to $1500. We also go to WDW twice a year. Last year, by timing the purchase of the card right, we got 3 trips out of it.
One other thing, purchase it when you get to WDW. The is activated as soon as it is purchased, compared to an AP which activates the first time you use it.
You also must be a Florida resident, DVC member or AP holder.

It's $150 if you're an annual passholder or DVC member.

It's $175 if you're a Florida resident (but not an AP or DVC member)...which it looks like the OP is.
Then that would make the break-even at $875 (20% of $875 = $175).

This is very helpful. I have two different upcoming trips. One is a four day trip with grandchildren the other is an 8 day adult only trip. I'm trying to figure if TIW is worth the cost. Thanks!

This is very helpful. I have two different upcoming trips. One is a four day trip with grandchildren the other is an 8 day adult only trip. I'm trying to figure if TIW is worth the cost. Thanks!

Get a idea where you would eat, add up your potential order then calculate the 20%.

Also note that it includes alcohol if you would be drinking it, with Disney prices that adds up fast.

And if you plan to drive to restaurants at hotels, valet is included.

More info here ...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/dining/tables-in-wonderland/

Benefits
Enjoy an array of benefits with your Tables in Wonderland membership. Benefits include:

• A 20% discount offered on food and beverage, including alcohol, at over 100 participating restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort (discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests including the member)
  • Special dining offers
  • Invitations to special dining events
  • Complimentary Resort valet and theme park parking for dining purposes
NOTE: The Tables in Wonderland discount is good for up to 10 people including the member, as long as everyone is on the same check, and the Tables in Wonderland member is paying the bill. If you have the Tables in Wonderland card, and your spouse or partner has the Tables in Wonderland secondary card, together you may cover up to 20 people (including the member and his/her spouse/partner). Both members must live at the same address and be 21 years of age or older.

If you order a bottle of wine or a round of cocktails even just some of the time, it should be worth it. We go 3x a year and usually break even during the second trip.
Take a look at the participating restaurants before you decide. Your faves may or may not be on the list.

I, like many of you love planning;), I made a spread sheet of all the places I have planned to eat during my two trips. I used the lower amount for each restaurant and did not add in the alcohol that three of us will be enjoying. With a total of six people the meals could come to at $1363. I figure that even with my annual pass and the possibility that we will go back for Food & Wine again next fall Tables in Wonderland makes a lot of sense. Thanks again everyone and thanks firemanx for starting this thread!

We just finished a short vacation at WDW and decided to purchase TIW. I kept a comparison spreadsheet on the dining costs to see what kind of savings there are. We had 3 dinners (one of which did not offer any discounts of any kind), 3 breakfasts and a couple of appetizer/drink stops. We had a bottle of wine with each dinner and dined at Artist Point, Maria & Enzo's (yes, they do accept TIW) and Geyser Point B&G (Geyser Point does not offer any discount). The savings over AP/DVC was $69.89 and the savings over no discount was $101.20. We have at least 2 more vacations planned this year so for us, it looks like it will be worth it.

The only time I had to really think if it was "worth it" was when Disney was offering 20% at a majority of TS restaurants for the 45th Anniversary of MK. I had to decide if the difference in alcohol and non-included restaurants warranted the $750.

If you have multiple trips with multiple adults and TS ADRs, $750 adds up pretty quickly.

The only time I had to really think if it was "worth it" was when Disney was offering 20% at a majority of TS restaurants for the 45th Anniversary of MK. I had to decide if the difference in alcohol and non-included restaurants warranted the $750.

If you have multiple trips with multiple adults and TS ADRs, $750 adds up pretty quickly.
I agree...since this includes the alcohol in addition to the fact that the AP discounts have returned to normal levels, this is certainly worth the money if you come to WDW multiple times a year IMO.

I agree...since this includes the alcohol in addition to the fact that the AP discounts have returned to normal levels, this is certainly worth the money if you come to WDW multiple times a year IMO.
And for groups with more than 2 people, the savings just goes higher.

When doing your research make sure you check the list of places the discount applies. It does not apply to all restaurants/bars on site. We bought it before the price increased a few years ago and it paid for itself in 3 meals. It was my son, then DIL and myself and we all enjoy refreshing adult beverages. I have not gotten it again since it's just my son and I now, he only goes once a year with me, I go at least twice a year.
http://www.disneytouristblog.com/tables-in-wonderland-card-review/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

We’ve always bought the card over the phone, but this year I’m a bit behind and it looks like I will need to purchase it onsite as our trip is only ten days away. Does the 13 month window still apply if purchasing onsite as opposed to over the phone which may allow for the lead time to get your actual card?

We’ve always bought the card over the phone, but this year I’m a bit behind and it looks like I will need to purchase it onsite as our trip is only ten days away. Does the 13 month window still apply if purchasing onsite as opposed to over the phone which may allow for the lead time to get your actual card?
I bought mine this morning at EPCOT and yes I have the 13th month window.

The last time we purchased it at International Gateway and it was for 13 months.
We'll find out when we buy our new one in 2 months.

Now let's clear up the "13 month window" for TIW.... TIMING is critical.

Background - TIW buyers for 13 years.....

1) If you desire a PLASTIC TIW card? CALL, order the Card. At the gate? You will get PAPER. And the CM's HATE these. They often fail to scan.

2) Consider your vacation timing: We are DVC members. We always visit in APRIL and NOVEMBER....

3) Buy your Card about the 3rd of the month that will be one month AHEAD of your next vacation 1.5 years from now....
HUH? Do this, and you will get THREE vacations from a single TIW card.... Our cost per vacation is $50.

Let's go over 3) with an example. Dean and Sandy will go to WDW APR 19, 2018 - NOV 9, 2018 - MAY 1, 2019. They have to buy a NEW TIW card.
The LAST planned vacation is the one that counts: The NEW TIW should expire May 31, 2019.
To get this to work, Dean and Sandy should purchase a NEW TIW about APR 3,2018.

After all of this time? We're pretty good at this. If you are NOT? EMAIL or CALL TIW (use "contact us"). These folks are WONDERFUL! If they know when you are going? They will ADVISE you as to "when to buy", to maximize your usage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!