Take me back to our Happy Place - a July 2020 PTR * BRIEF update 5/27*

Yes, our July 4th trip is no more sadly.
You were the first person I thought of yesterday when I saw the reopening dates :(

I'm very sad we won't get our combo Contemporary/Boardwalk CL stay but we are STILL staying at the Boardwalk Inn, but in a standard room, July 24-31st now.
So happy you have a back-up to the back-up plan! At least you can still countdown to a July trip... even if it's later than we'd hoped. :goodvibes

Phase 1 as of yesterday baby lol, now bring on phase 2!
:woohoo:

we are STILL staying at the Boardwalk Inn, but in a standard room, July 24-31st now
It is too bad that the 4th of July trip has been cancelled. It wouldn't have been the same without fireworks, anyway. But at least you have the June Universal trip to look forward to. Maybe a CL experience will open up once people have time to make changes to their trips.

So sorry about the 4th July trip and so happy you have back up backup plans 👍
For some reason I can’t quote you wee granddaughter’s photo but I just wanted to say how gorgeous she is! 😍

. We moved our flights today as well and I as thrilled to get one that arrives in Orlando at 1:30 meaning we have a good part of the 24th free
I think our flight lands around 9 am!!!!
I am sooooo stressed about all this crap.
Now, I see there are reduced hours but they are still having EMH's. WHAT????
Hayden is adorable!!!!!!!

I got a 15 on Disney bingo, yay!
I have so many questions now, ugh!
I don’t like the reduced hours, these are significant!
I am leaning more towards canceling in 2020 and hoping for better days in 2021.
I think the adopt a senior program is so nice! How hard for all the seniors to miss so much this year!
Andi is really hoping fall semester is in person and not online.
Universal will be fun for you all!

Glad you had a backup backup backup trip booked and can't wait to read about how that works out in terms of what planning you will be able to do. I'll be checking here for sure to see what happens. Will be interested in your Universal trip too. At this point I really would be happy to have more resort time in Florida and time to just relax by the pool.

Glad you have a backup to the backup and the other backup :rotfl2:
I really want to take a vacation with Ricky before he's in college and I'm honestly the only one that minds the masks.
I am the same way! One kid going to grad school in Seattle, one kid going to university central Florida and we are in MO-who know when we will be together again? Planning on a road trip in a few weeks to Mount Rushmore/Badlands with everyone though.
At this point I really would be happy to have more resort time in Florida and time to just relax by the pool.
::yes:: We have extra weeks to use from our timeshare...and lots of resorts now open in Orlando, found a few on Miami beach...trying to convince hubs I can work from "home" anywhere...he's not working for the summer...

we are STILL staying at the Boardwalk Inn, but in a standard room, July 24-31st now. We moved our flights today as well and I as thrilled to get one that arrives in Orlando at 1:30 meaning we have a good part of the 24th free, as well as one that leaves around 7pm on the 31st.

Well, those are all good things! WOOT!!

Ricky likes it too but he did ask for his hours to be cut since he still has schoolwork. So now he's not working 40 hours a week which was more than he'd planned on but is down to like 25

Hopefully that is more managable for him and he can juggle all he needs to! :)

Luckily we hit our "phase 1" yesterday, whoo! Now construction can start :rolleyes: But there are quite a few businesses who technically can't open yet who did!

Progress!! Great!! :) (and good for them. You can only go for so long without income.)

Welp- May have to suck it up in a mask- we just booked two weeks at Marriotts Harbor Lake with the extra weeks we had...leave June 5- driving straight through. Will work in mornings and take afternoons off where I can. Or the kids and hubs can go do something while I work. I don’t care-glad to seeing different walls for a while! But since we have Uni annual passes I think hubs is going to want to try it at least a few days...

We're all looking forward to it if they'd just announce if the resorts will be open :scared: Between the info we did/didn't get today and waiting for that info from Universal I'm just wanting to sit and :drinking1
Ditto!!! Too bad I decided to go dry for a few weeks til our Hilton head family trip at the end of June! And to top it all off, I was enjoying some DIS time a little bit ago, and some lady just drove her car right into my parked car in front of my house :( 2020 really sucks.

Ditto!!! Too bad I decided to go dry for a few weeks til our Hilton head family trip at the end of June! And to top it all off, I was enjoying some DIS time a little bit ago, and some lady just drove her car right into my parked car in front of my house :( 2020 really sucks.
OMG! Definitely need a reboot of 2020! Hope the car situation gets taken care of -and by that I mean that lady's insurance gets you a new car!

Yup. But at least there are dates now as opposed to the great unknown.
That's very true and I do feel better in regards to that.
I suspect everything will be long ironed out before I'm even able to leave my country.
:( Well could be better if by that time you don't have "what ifs" for your next trip......
Ice cream? :)
::yes::
I saw that and I thought of you!
😊 and dare I say this but lots of businesses that are in phase 2 (and some in phase 3) have opened too. We also went to the Danbury Mall Thursday. Only about 1/3 of the stores open and not many for me but lots for Chris so he shopped like crazy lol. It was WONDERFUL to walk into a mall! But then the mask got to me as it was pretty hot in there.
Yes! Our usual HHN trip is still on right now. We were going to do 3 days in Disney that trip too, but that's up in the air till we know for sure what the reservation system will be like. (We had a 1 day ticket from the cancelled trip and were probably going to add on another day and MNSSHP). We're only staying at Universal though so if the Disney parks are prioritizing hotel guests we might save the tickets and just do an HHN trip.
Awesome! We may or may not end up doing HHN this year, Chris was interested so we'll wait and see what the deal is with school.
We also moved our April trip to December, but that's still a little unclear.
Steve and I were planning to do Disney for a few nights for the Xmas stuff but for that one, yeah we'll wait it out, see how July goes and how the changes are.
You were the first person I thought of yesterday when I saw the reopening dates :(
Thank you :hug: I will say I was taken aback by the reopening dates; I honestly thought at least a park or two would open in June for residents or AP's or something.
It is too bad that the 4th of July trip has been cancelled. It wouldn't have been the same without fireworks, anyway. But at least you have the June Universal trip to look forward to. Maybe a CL experience will open up once people have time to make changes to their trips.
True about the fireworks although the boys wouldn't care lol, just Steve and I! I.....................have a feeling CL will not open up for our July trip but at least we've had the club experience in the past and hopefully at some point it'll be a thing again..................

So sorry about the 4th July trip and so happy you have back up backup plans 👍
I was taken a tad by surprise because I really did think they'd open by the 4th :( But 3/4 of us are looking forward to getting away in just over a week anyway! (can you guess who isn't lol)
For some reason I can’t quote you wee granddaughter’s photo but I just wanted to say how gorgeous she is! 😍
Aw thank you, she is getting more and more independent and tires me out at the end of the day, but I love it :love:
am sooooo stressed about all this crap.
I know you are, and I will do my best to calm you down :hug:
I got a 15 on Disney bingo, yay!
Not surprised at all!
have so many questions now, ugh!
I don’t like the reduced hours, these are significant!
I am leaning more towards canceling in 2020 and hoping for better days in 2021.
I know, all the UNknowns are the worst right now and lead to stress and way too much speculation. Hopefully this week brings enough details to fill in the blanks! I don't mind the reduced hours all that much; Epcot and HS aren't bad at all. Yeah MK is, and AK is really just going back to how it was before Pandora! It'll be a matter of finding other things to do at night (hopefully) but totally get how it would be a downer for many. I hope once we get more details you decide to give August a try!
I think the adopt a senior program is so nice! How hard for all the seniors to miss so much this year!
Andi is really hoping fall semester is in person and not online.
He has been SO surprised by all the gifts he's getting! And it touches my heart, yesterday his 2nd and 5th grade teachers stopped by with gifts for him and a bunch of pictures from when he was in their classes.
For Ricky the fall will be on campus and a mix of in person classes and some online from their rooms , which for me is ok! I'm really happy he'll be going away still and so is he and I hope Andi gets to go back!
I'll be checking here for sure to see what happens. Will be interested in your Universal trip too. At this point I really would be happy to have more resort time in Florida and time to just relax by the pool.
I know lots of people who are doing that :) I honestly cannot wait to just be AWAY
Glad you have a backup to the backup and the other backup :rotfl2:
LOL after we cancelled April we had May, June, 2 July and Sept all at once! I was like, "somethings gotta work out!"
Planning on a road trip in a few weeks to Mount Rushmore/Badlands with everyone though.
I think that sounds awesome!
Just saw the universal hotels will be open from July 3rd. Hoping this makes you more excited for your trip :goodvibes
Yes! All but 2; very good news!
Progress!! Great!! :) (and good for them. You can only go for so long without income.)
I won't gt political here :rolleyes1 and you know I agree with all your FP posts......so yes. It had to get to the point where the consequences of being out of work/business, depression, other mental illness, domestic violence etc had to outweigh being forced to stay home with nowhere else to go.
we just booked two weeks at Marriotts Harbor Lake with the extra weeks we had...leave June 5- driving straight through
Yay! We actually stayed there back in 2011 through Steve's timeshare and really liked it!
But since we have Uni annual passes I think hubs is going to want to try it at least a few days...
We don't tend to spend full days in the Uni parks so I think it works better than Disney to try the masks for that long in the heat. Since we get down the 9th maybe we'll run in to you!
And to top it all off, I was enjoying some DIS time a little bit ago, and some lady just drove her car right into my parked car in front of my house :( 2020 really sucks.
OMG are you SERIOUS???? Jackie that's crazy, just glad nobody was in it! I think you need to not go dry any longer lol

Thank you :hug: I will say I was taken aback by the reopening dates; I honestly thought at least a park or two would open in June for residents or AP's or something.
I really was too - especially in light of Universal's game plan. But today you can at least say next month you'll be in Disney!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

and dare I say this but lots of businesses that are in phase 2 (and some in phase 3) have opened too. We also went to the Danbury Mall Thursday. Only about 1/3 of the stores open and not many for me but lots for Chris so he shopped like crazy lol. It was WONDERFUL to walk into a mall! But then the mask got to me as it was pretty hot in there.

Oh nothing around here is even in phase 2 yet, but that's coming soon. I wish we could go to the mall!

Steve and I were planning to do Disney for a few nights for the Xmas stuff but for that one, yeah we'll wait it out, see how July goes and how the changes are.

Yeah, that's what we were thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts