take that, theatre history class!

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
In my theatre history class, the teacher tells us exactly, word for word, what we will have to write on the test. All we have to do is memorize it. Sounds easy, no? Trust me- it's not! It consists of a handful of outlines and charts, and straight memorization is so hard for me. I've yet to get higher than a C...yet lots of my classmates seem to be able to get A's which frustrates me to no end.

Anyway, today was the final, and guess what? For the very first time *ever* all year (it's a 2 semester class), I didn't have to leave anything blank or make something up! Of course, it helped that there was less to remember to this time and part of it was repeated from previous tests...but still- I did it! I actually remembered the darn stuff!

:Pinkbounc

And now I never have to take another one of those stupid tests again!

Know what's messed up though? Last time, I started looking at the material the week before and got a D on the test. For this test, I hadn't even had the chance to look at it until last night! Go figure....

I NEVER could study a week out or I would forget everything. LAst minute was always best for me.

Of course, I tend to memorize and not put things into long term memory.

We used to make up songs to help remember some of the stuff for our theatre history class. I remember something to the tune of the Charlie Brown tv series song "Linus and Lucy" about Schroeder...(this was 15 years ago!)...the end of it went "Germany...19th century." Or the infamous "I Want Your Sets" (sung to George Michael's "I Want Your Sex"). Just remember, "the gels that aren't pounced they will melt in their frames."

I always went in with the philosophy of if you learned it well during the semester, you didn't have to spend days and days studying before the final, all it took was a quick review and you're done. Then you can forget it as soon as you walk out from the final ;)

That's great Angie!!! I always did better with last minute studying myself. Congrats :)

Another last minute studier (studyier???) here. I always seemed to do better when I studied at the last minute.

Way to go, AB. I know it feels good to finish up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter