Take the pledge to continue to wear a mask during the Covid - 19 pandemic

Well, this is great. It's a week today since my city enacted a mandatory mask by-law (enforcement begins August 1). While I have been wearing one since re-launch periodically as required, I've probably spent quadruple the time with one on over the past week as I have before. My face is broken out like a hormonal teenage boy. :crazy2: This really, really bugs me. I can only hope my skin will adapt (it's sensitive to "new" things like sunscreen, when I change cosmetics, etc.). At least now I actually want to wear the mask - the way I look is mortifying. :scared:

Well, this is great. It's a week today since my city enacted a mandatory mask by-law (enforcement begins August 1). While I have been wearing one since re-launch periodically as required, I've probably spent quadruple the time with one on over the past week as I have before. My face is broken out like a hormonal teenage boy. :crazy2: This really, really bugs me. I can only hope my skin will adapt (it's sensitive to "new" things like sunscreen, when I change cosmetics, etc.). At least now I actually want to wear the mask - the way I look is mortifying. :scared:

Dang - that is no fun.

There's this post https://www.disboards.com/threads/masks-and-facial-breakouts.3808543/ that maybe could give you some ideas; may not be a long thread but thought I would share.

You're far from alone from all the stories I've seen though :grouphug:

Why can't the people who want others to wear a feel good item be the ones who stay home and order from Amazon? If you're afraid, stay home. Simple. Instead you demand others do something against their will and senses to make you feel good.

What an odd post from someone whose screen name is famous because of a man who truly believed in and taught about caring for one's neighbors.

Our stores, businesses have finally gotten firm about masks or no entrance. 👍
And Amazon, instacart are always easy alternatives for those who prefer not to mask and shop from home.
And if you are old and struggling to maintain your independence but bewildered by this strange new world and you don't have access to the internet?
Just tough, eh?

ford family

And if you are old and struggling to maintain your independence but bewildered by this strange new world and you don't have access to the internet?
Just tough, eh?

ford family
Our grocery store chain assists those too infirm to manage. They cheerfully provide masks. There is a senior/elder shopping hour Mon thru Fri. They still carryout groceries during this time.
The store staff spends a great deal of time helping (via phone) if someone doesn't have a computer.
They do this, because the epidemiologists and infectious disease experts in our community continually tell us that containing spread is job one. That means wearing a mask.
The infirm you reference are at serious risk should they contract covid.

I posted from what I know in my community. On the other hand, if one lives on a community where sadly the stores/ social services are making no accomodations for struggling seniors, maybe it's time to advocate for them.

Last edited:
Our grocery store chain assists those too infirm to manage. They cheerfully provide masks. There is a senior/elder shopping hour Mon thru Fri. They still carryout groceries during this time.
The store staff spends a great deal of time helping (via phone) if someone doesn't have a computer.
They do this, because the epidemiologists and infectious disease experts in our community continually tell us that containing spread is job one. That means wearing a mask.
The infirm you reference are at serious risk should they contract covid.

I posted from what I know in my community. On the other hand, if one lives on a community where sadly the stores/ social services are making no accomodations for struggling seniors, maybe it's time to advocate for them.
Even if those services are available, getting the very independent 89 year old to partake of them are two different things.

ford family

Just tough, eh?

ford family
Many of the stores provide a mask if one is forgotten or the consumer doesn't own one. I'm pretty sure that older person you speak of could use a mask provided by the store. Win-win. That person can continue to shop, a mask would be provided and no need for the internet.

Ask your doctor for a topical antibiotic to put on the rash. That should help - it cleared up mine.

Just tough, eh?

ford family

No, that's what family is for, to help with those kinds of things.

Even if those services are available, getting the very independent 89 year old to partake of them are two different things.

ford family

There have been many offered solutions on this thread, hope one works.

Me and my family wore our masks this past weekend at WDW. We wear them in any place that mandates them, other than that, it stays in my pocket. Where do I fall into this? part time idiot maybe? I think if someone, anyone, is so worried about others not wearing their masks then stay home where you know you're safe.
I totally agree with you! NO you are not part time idiot you are reasonable. Check out the effects of breathing in carbon dioxide all day.

I avoid wearing a mask as much as I can. I stay home rather than go out without one. I feel super claustrophobic when I have mine on (a fabric, elastic around the head one that my mom made for me) and I hate it. I have an eye appointment tomorrow and a mask is required so we’ll see how it goes.

I avoid wearing a mask as much as I can. I stay home rather than go out without one. I feel super claustrophobic when I have mine on (a fabric, elastic around the head one that my mom made for me) and I hate it. I have an eye appointment tomorrow and a mask is required so we’ll see how it goes.
Have you considered ordering some disposable masks?
Amazon also has some soft cotton slightly stretchy masks that are more comfortable to me than the first mask I was using when this all started.

Have you considered ordering some disposable masks?
Amazon also has some soft cotton slightly stretchy masks that are more comfortable to me than the first mask I was using when this all started.

I don’t go out enough to need them. It’s a good thing to keep in mind though should the need arise. Thank you :flower1:

Yeah, here's some handy info

Maybe that will explain why we see doctors and nurses dropping dead all day at work. Oh wait, we don't.
It's not just doctors & nurses. I worked in a sterile environment for 5 years where we wore masks 8 to 12 hours a day 5 days a week. I have family members who have worked in an environment where they have worn masks 40+ hours a week for 20 years or more. Somehow, we've all survived it. It appears some people simply don't want to accept the truth, because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter