Take wine from Polynesian to Contemporary

ssgtravel

Mouseketeer
If I buy wine at the Poly and want to take it to the Contemporary on the monorail, will they let me? Worried about bag check at the Poly monorail station; I won't be going into the park.

If I buy wine at the Poly and want to take it to the Contemporary on the monorail, will they let me? Worried about bag check at the Poly monorail station; I won't be going into the park.

While I have never done it with an unopened adult beverage, I can assure you I have boarded the monorail with open cocktails/beverages in hand and it has never been an issue. This was fairly recently and certainly after bag check began. Prior to that it was never a problem, but I thought when the security went into place at the resorts, the beverages on the monorail would also be an issue. Sure wasn't the last time we were there. Of course, if you were going into a park, then it would be dumped or consumed at security.

Tricky one. You cannot bring it on a Disney bus but nothing about monorail that I could find.

"No luggage or alcohol of any type is permitted on Walt Disney World Resort buses."

While I have never done it with an unopened adult beverage, I can assure you I have boarded the monorail with open cocktails/beverages in hand and it has never been an issue. This was fairly recently and certainly after bag check began. Prior to that it was never a problem, but I thought when the security went into place at the resorts, the beverages on the monorail would also be an issue. Sure wasn't the last time we were there. Of course, if you were going into a park, then it would be dumped or consumed at security.

But the bag check at the resort IS security for the park. You don't go through again when you get there.

We almost ran into this sort of situation when my dad was buying a bottle of wine at Epcot and we had planned to hop to MK. He wound up going back to the resort instead, so I'm not sure if anything would have happened. He did take it by Disney bus, no issues. It was an unopened bottle of wine.

But the bag check at the resort IS security for the park. You don't go through again when you get there.

We almost ran into this sort of situation when my dad was buying a bottle of wine at Epcot and we had planned to hop to MK. He wound up going back to the resort instead, so I'm not sure if anything would have happened. He did take it by Disney bus, no issues. It was an unopened bottle of wine.

Hmmm. . .that is true--we weren't going to a park and I guess I kind of forgot about that one. Not sure who is responsible for the adult beverages then. I actually dropped my drink in a garbage can and the CM said that I didn't need to do that--I was able to bring it on board. The rest of the group with me took their beverages without an issue.

Hmmm. . .that is true--we weren't going to a park and I guess I kind of forgot about that one. Not sure who is responsible for the adult beverages then. I actually dropped my drink in a garbage can and the CM said that I didn't need to do that--I was able to bring it on board. The rest of the group with me took their beverages without an issue.

Maybe for an open drink they'd let the CM at the turnstiles catch it?

I took the monorail from CR to the GF with wine in my resort cup. We went through security at the CR without issue. Not sure how a bottle would go over but the resort cup was totally fine.

You have fared better than me. It's been a hard no with open containers and resort monorail security in my experience, although I haven't tried in over a year.

I would think you would be able to bring an unopened bottle of wine with you on the monorail that you bought at the resort.

If you are talking about one bought with dinner, and opened, but just not finished, then I am not sure, but I can’t imagine they’d say no, if you are heading back to your resort,

OP, I don't know the answer to your question, but Disney park rules prohibit glass containers (other than small jars of baby food) so since the monorail resort security checks act as the MK security check, it seems to me that it would not be allowed. No personal experience though, but to me it seems like a good possibility they might not allow it.

People buy bottles of wine from the countries in Epcot all the time and I’d think some of them are staying at a monorail resort so there must be a way to take them back to the resort.

People buy bottles of wine from the countries in Epcot all the time and I’d think some of them are staying at a monorail resort so there must be a way to take them back to the resort.

Just FYI, you don't go through security at any point when you return to a monorail resort from leaving Epcot. That trip is all "within the security bubble" and a security check is not needed.

Just FYI, you don't go through security at any point when you return to a monorail resort from leaving Epcot. That trip is all "within the security bubble" and a security check is not needed.
We have done this many times. Wine from Epcot to our resort. In monorail or Disney transport. Never been an issue. Ever

Aren't you required to pick up wine purchases at the front of the park when exiting the park? I always thought wine bottle purchases had to be sent for pickup?

Just take the wine to the resort. It’s in a bag. Like any other thing one gets. No fuss no muss.

Aren't you required to pick up wine purchases at the front of the park when exiting the park? I always thought wine bottle purchases had to be sent for pickup?

In September they let us carry it out. We were on our way out of the park and it takes a while for package delivery to the entrance.

Tricky one. You cannot bring it on a Disney bus but nothing about monorail that I could find.

"No luggage or alcohol of any type is permitted on Walt Disney World Resort buses."
Considering there's no bag check to board a bus what stops someone from bringing alcohol in their bag? Who would know if someone had a bottle of wine purchased at the resort in their bag?

Even if you did, you'd still carry it out of the park.

Considering there's no bag check to board a bus what stops someone from bringing alcohol in their bag? Who would know if someone had a bottle of wine purchased at the resort in their bag?

Even if you did, you'd still carry it out of the park.
Honor code

How about something like blatantly open drinks? I managed to do a solo "drink around the monorail" last trip and was wondering if I could've taken one of the drinks with me (rather than finish it at the lounge which was crowded) I didn't, but I was curious.
(I was waiting for Mickey's Magic Bus and had 2 hours before boarding and Space Mountain had a 2 hour wait so...)
(Lapu Lapu's on the magic bus back to the airport are probably right out! :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!