Takumi-Tei - Thoughts??

What drinks did you order and what specifically is the cocktail in picture #2 with the foam heading, please?

We only ordered "mocktails" (if that's of any interest to anyone!). We tried one of each - the Ginger Mimosa which was good, but not very sweet and the Blood Orange Spritzer which was the best mocktail I've had at WDW. They gave us seconds at no charge!

What drinks did you order and what specifically is the cocktail in picture #2 with the foam heading, please?

Oh gosh, I didn’t take notes so I’ll look at the menu online. I know the first is the Sakurajima (Japanese whisky sour) and it was my favorite. The second, in what looks like a wine glass, was the Unkai (sake, brandy, falernum, and green tea infused foam). This was my husband’s and he really enjoyed it but I was glad it wasn’t mine, haha! The last was the Kami (gin, nigori sake, calipco, and lychee), which was mine because I wanted to try something different. It was okay. I’m not normally a gin fan but it wasn’t strong due to the lychee. Pretty sweet. I’m a big whisky fan so that first drink was definitely my favorite.

I am very torn on this restaurant, I was very excited about the announcement. But the menu and reviews look meh to me and I would rank Japanese cuisine as one of my favorites. We have a reservation for December, but I am unsure if we will keep it.

I am very torn on this restaurant, I was very excited about the announcement. But the menu and reviews look meh to me and I would rank Japanese cuisine as one of my favorites. We have a reservation for December, but I am unsure if we will keep it.

IMHO, it's not meh. The service experience was extraordinary. It felt very formal and very special. The sushi was some of the best I've ever had - I, typically, dislike uni and it was absolutely delicious there. DS11 and I liked it so much we are taking DH there when he comes with us in December. I won't order the tasting menu next time, however. I did it initially because I wanted to see the tea ceremony. Now that I've experienced it, I will go a la carte on the next visit.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that this will start accepting the DDP? Does that ever happen with newer restaurants where they eventually convert over? I was really hoping to do this but being that we'll be on the DxDP I wanted to use 2 TS credits up.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that this will start accepting the DDP? Does that ever happen with newer restaurants where they eventually convert over? I was really hoping to do this but being that we'll be on the DxDP I wanted to use 2 TS credits up.

Just speculating, but I highly doubt it. The food quality and service here are far beyond what you'd even find in a traditional WDW signature restaurant and, based on our experience in December, they have zero issues filling this restaurant with guests willing to pay OOP.

Just speculating, but I highly doubt it. The food quality and service here are far beyond what you'd even find in a traditional WDW signature restaurant and, based on our experience in December, they have zero issues filling this restaurant with guests willing to pay OOP.
Thanks for the input, that was going to be my next question. Is the place getting booked up! Anyway, I did see on the Mom's panel that they said to keep checking. In the end, with all the kids and TIW, I think we can make it work. I was going to be short some TS credits anyway, believe it or not.

I don't think it's that difficult to get a reservation. I originally had one booked for our upcoming February trip, changed it to last December because DH didn't want to wait to try it and then he asked me to book it for February again. Which I did about 2 weeks ago and had my pick of times. Can't wait to go back. I had the Wagyu shortrib appetizer (wow!), the smoked duck breast and the castella cake for dessert. The cake was so-so but the caramel honey sauce was indescribably delicious. Gave me happy happy brain cells for about an hour. DH had the Wagyu tenderloin, miso soup to start and the yuzu cheesecake. We both had the Nigori sake to start and it was one of the best I've had. We had the yuzu sake for dessert which I simply cannot find here at home and would buy out the store if I could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!